Jiggy Ray's downtown

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#42 Dec 7, 2013
Hubby and I eat at Jiggy Rays today for lunch and it is VERY pricey!!!! We got a pizza with 5 toppings and it was $17.00 but the topping was VERY skimpy. We figured that with that price, topping would be loaded, but NOOooooo, All we tasted was cheese and sauce. Hubby got a "side salad" which was 1 trip to the salad bar and he had a small solo bowl to put his salad in and it was $4.50. NOT a $4.50 type salad. it's even a better bar, for the price, at Pizza Inn and Pizza Hut. Soooooo, We probably wont eat there again. But you can try it if you want, but bring someone to share the bill with ya....LOL
Harold

Kingsport, TN

#43 Dec 8, 2013
LuvnKaraoke wrote:
Hubby and I eat at Jiggy Rays today for lunch and it is VERY pricey!!!! We got a pizza with 5 toppings and it was $17.00 but the topping was VERY skimpy. We figured that with that price, topping would be loaded, but NOOooooo, All we tasted was cheese and sauce. Hubby got a "side salad" which was 1 trip to the salad bar and he had a small solo bowl to put his salad in and it was $4.50. NOT a $4.50 type salad. it's even a better bar, for the price, at Pizza Inn and Pizza Hut. Soooooo, We probably wont eat there again. But you can try it if you want, but bring someone to share the bill with ya....LOL
You do not get a "loaded" pizza for $17 anywhere, even Greg's is almost $30! Our pizza had generous toppings. The salad bowls were larger than Pizza Inn's bowls, or Pizza Hut's bowls. The toppings at Jiggy's are very fresh, and the salad bar is pristine. The quality of the toppings is far, and away, better than anywher else, in town. I cannot eat the brown lettuce at Pizza Hut, and they do recyle from day to day. Pizza Inn's salad bar is always "riddled", and very messy. Jiggy's is an upscale pizzeria, not a "hog trough" like the buffet joints. We thought the prices were great for wonderful pizza, and salad. You do not find fresh mozzarella, huge slices of pepperoni, or many of the other toppings anywhere but Jiggy's. I wish them much success, and I think they have found a niche here. It is not for peope who eat off $1 menus, or eat at buffets. You absolutely get what you pay for, and that goes for everything.
Meaty

Butler, TN

#44 Dec 8, 2013
LuvnKaraoke wrote:
We too tried to Meat Monster 5-meat pizza. Very skimpy on the toppings for that price. Harold you can get a five-meat pizza from Pizza Hut for $10 and it will have twice the toppings we got. Doesn't matter how big the pepperoni is if you get six on a whole pie. We didn't bother with the bar because $4.50 is crazy for a side salad any way you "slice" it.

I mean the pizza was good but I hope "Jiggy" figures out he's operating in Elizabethton, Tennessee and changes his prices accordingly. Here $17 is half a day's wages and people can't spend it on a pizza that doesn't even fill up their family. And I hope whomever is posting here on their behalf starts taking people's criticisms seriously instead of just getting mad. I wasn't even going to post my own criticisms till I saw how poorly "Jiggy" and crew are handling themselves here.
Ed

Charlotte, NC

#45 Dec 8, 2013
Melrachelle wrote:
My husband and I ate at jiggy ray's Saturday night the food wAs good , although very pricey! We ordered a med 3 topping pizza 2 salads and 2 teas it was $ 33.00 . We went to the most expensive pizzeria in gatlinburg that I've ever been to last year we order a med 3 topping pizza ,a appitizer 3 beers a salad and 2 glasses if wine and it was only &27.00 and their pizza wS to die for so what I'm saying is it's not worth the price! Just my opinion!!
Your wrong. Do the math, your beer and wine alone was at least 16-18$, appetizer was at least 5$. That leaves a 4$ pizza, not hardly. You deserve a .99€ frozen pizza.
Dewey

Kingsport, TN

#46 Dec 8, 2013
Meaty might ought to change his name to meathead.
Nice slap to the face of working people in Betsy to say that the average wage is thirty four dollars per day; that is four dollars and twenty five cents per hour. If you want Pizza Hut or Pizza Inn mass produced pizza, then get it there.
If you want specialty pizza then you go to Scratch or Gregs or the killer place in Roan Mtn or now Jiggy Rays. Its like comparing Ryans steaks to Outbacks. I think if Jiggy can get their beer license they could find their niche in Etown.
They will need to keep their beer prices at about 3 bucks for a bottle and less than that for a draft.
Harold

Kingsport, TN

#47 Dec 8, 2013
Meaty wrote:
<quoted text>
We too tried to Meat Monster 5-meat pizza. Very skimpy on the toppings for that price. Harold you can get a five-meat pizza from Pizza Hut for $10 and it will have twice the toppings we got. Doesn't matter how big the pepperoni is if you get six on a whole pie. We didn't bother with the bar because $4.50 is crazy for a side salad any way you "slice" it.
I mean the pizza was good but I hope "Jiggy" figures out he's operating in Elizabethton, Tennessee and changes his prices accordingly. Here $17 is half a day's wages and people can't spend it on a pizza that doesn't even fill up their family. And I hope whomever is posting here on their behalf starts taking people's criticisms seriously instead of just getting mad. I wasn't even going to post my own criticisms till I saw how poorly "Jiggy" and crew are handling themselves here.
I have no connection with Jiggy Rays, and I am certainly not mad, but I do think their prices are fair for quality ingredients. I have never been impressed with Pizza Hut.$4.50 is not a "crazy" price for a salad wth premium toppings. Almost everyone was getting salad wen we were there. If $17 is half a day's wages for you, then you should be eating at home, soup beans & cornbread. Jiggy's has the very best pizza in this town, people recognize that, and it stays packed. If you can't afford the price, please don't get on here and criticize these nice,hardworking, people. Again, I have no connection with Jiggy Ray's. Jiggy's is an UPSCALE pizzeria, not a "GORGE & GULCH" place.
IGuessYouAreJigg ylol

Johnson City, TN

#48 Dec 8, 2013
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not get a "loaded" pizza for $17 anywhere, even Greg's is almost $30! Our pizza had generous toppings. The salad bowls were larger than Pizza Inn's bowls, or Pizza Hut's bowls. The toppings at Jiggy's are very fresh, and the salad bar is pristine. The quality of the toppings is far, and away, better than anywher else, in town. I cannot eat the brown lettuce at Pizza Hut, and they do recyle from day to day. Pizza Inn's salad bar is always "riddled", and very messy. Jiggy's is an upscale pizzeria, not a "hog trough" like the buffet joints. We thought the prices were great for wonderful pizza, and salad. You do not find fresh mozzarella, huge slices of pepperoni, or many of the other toppings anywhere but Jiggy's. I wish them much success, and I think they have found a niche here. It is not for peope who eat off $1 menus, or eat at buffets. You absolutely get what you pay for, and that goes for everything.
You called it "Our pizza"....
You aren't connected to Jiggy's??? Then the sheriff is a virgin.
Idiot.
yolo

Piney Flats, TN

#49 Dec 8, 2013
We ate there on lunch and our biggest complaint was the price. A lunch combo would be great! The food was good....
Harold

Kingsport, TN

#50 Dec 8, 2013
IGuessYouAreJiggylol wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
It was "OUR" pizza, bought & paid for by "US". You should return to school if you do not have the ability to read, and comprehend. You are the "idiot", and have made that clear to everyone on this forum.
Apoalachian American

Rock Hill, SC

#51 Dec 8, 2013
Is alcohol gonna be served there. Hate to see downtown have alcohol.
Meaty

Butler, TN

#52 Dec 8, 2013
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no connection with Jiggy Rays, and I am certainly not mad, but I do think their prices are fair for quality ingredients. I have never been impressed with Pizza Hut.$4.50 is not a "crazy" price for a salad wth premium toppings. Almost everyone was getting salad wen we were there. If $17 is half a day's wages for you, then you should be eating at home, soup beans & cornbread. Jiggy's has the very best pizza in this town, people recognize that, and it stays packed. If you can't afford the price, please don't get on here and criticize these nice,hardworking, people. Again, I have no connection with Jiggy Ray's. Jiggy's is an UPSCALE pizzeria, not a "GORGE & GULCH" place.
See, that's the sort of stuff I am talking about. Offensive response to a review that tried to be fair. Basically saying "if you are lower income don't come here." Well, this whole County is lower income so Harold you are basically telling the whole market to stay away. Pizza is not an "upscale" food, not even in places like New York and Chicago that serve gourmet pizza. There is no such thing as "upscale" pizza. If your goal is to create a place where social elites dine then 1.) pizza is not the right food, and 2.) Elizabethton is not the right market.

Oh, and if you're an upscale place at least have level tables and friendly, competent staff. I was willing to let the 45-degree angle on the tables and the confrontational jerk working the register slip when I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but now that I know you are arrogant and elitist AND serve an inferior product for the price I am willing to be more forthcoming.

So much for wanting to let a downtown business thrive. Either you are not from here or you are part of the jerks that keep our area down with your idiocy. Die quickly like the other frat boy restaurants do in this town and let someone who creates real jobs rise up so we can afford the "gourmet pizza" you pretend to serve but do not.
wtf

Johnson City, TN

#53 Dec 8, 2013
Apoalachian American wrote:
Is alcohol gonna be served there. Hate to see downtown have alcohol.
Downtown already has alcohol and if you don't like it then just don't buy it!
pizza eater

Rock Hill, SC

#54 Dec 9, 2013
I don't understand why so many people want to be so negitive over a pizzaria. Its owned by a good family just trying to bring something different to Elizabethton. It's great pizza in a cozy, happy atmosphere. I like it and will gladly visit again. Talk to the owners like I did, give them a chance before you talk crap and try to ruin a place that's only been open a week.
pro-small business

Knoxville, TN

#55 Dec 9, 2013
It's not surprising to me that people in this community would bash a new restaurant without even trying it. It's so typical. The judgement in this town is pitiful and very hypocritical. Especially when young entrepreneurs are trying to bring something new and unique to this town. Seems if it's not a bank, antique store, or a church you're doomed. Well, I've got news for ya, open up your eyes and look around, the world is lacking in "Mom & Pops" businesses. Downtown's are dying, except more forward thinking areas. Let's support our locally owned restaurants. I don't mind paying a little extra if it means giving my money to these people trying to make it in this world. Jiggy Ray's has exceptional pizza. They make their own crust, and have fresh ingredients. Sure, there are gonna be bugs to work out, but my gosh, give em a break. Instead of bashing them, lets support them, all of them, Bonnie Kate, J's Corner, White Elephant, I think there's a new bakery in town too. Get off your high horses and soap boxes and support our locals. It brings jobs and revenue into our city. I would much rather have a delicious pizza from Jiggy Ray's than Pizza Inn any day.
Hmmm

Spartanburg, SC

#56 Dec 10, 2013
I haven't eaten there yet but have been contemplating it. $17-$20 for a large loaded pizza seems fair enough if the pizza is at least as good as Greg's in quality and size. $4.50 for one trip to the salad bar is a little ridiculous...especially if you ordered a pizza as well. My suggestion would be to lower the price when it is combined with a pizza order or make the salad bar all you can eat when ordered alone. Just suggestions.
Cyndie

Kingsport, TN

#57 Dec 10, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
I haven't eaten there yet but have been contemplating it.$17-$20 for a large loaded pizza seems fair enough if the pizza is at least as good as Greg's in quality and size.$4.50 for one trip to the salad bar is a little ridiculous...especially if you ordered a pizza as well. My suggestion would be to lower the price when it is combined with a pizza order or make the salad bar all you can eat when ordered alone. Just suggestions.
The prices are fair, and the pizza is better than Greg's. Their salad bar is worth $4.50 for a side salad as the toppings are super fresh, the bar is immaculate, and the choices are great. The honey mustard dressing is wonderful. They do offer an all you care to eat salad. You will not be disappointed in the pizza, or the salad choices. Everything was "yummy", good service, and great owners.
lois

Franklin, GA

#58 Dec 10, 2013
I would suggest that Jiggys do like the king of salad bars does (Ruby Tuesdays), if you order a pizza, then the salad bar price is 4.50 and is unlimited, or at least give a larger plate. Its hard to police anyway.
Where

Johnson City, TN

#59 Dec 10, 2013
Where is there a new bakery in downtown?? That would be great.

Except one thing for all of the downtown businesses...times have changed. People that work CANNOT visit and shop downtown between 9am and 5 pm.

If you really want to revitalize downtown, most of the businesses need to CHANGE their business hours.

At least change your hours from 10 to 6 at the very least..better yet make them 11 to 7 or something like that..You will get much better business if you would do that. Downtown will never build back up rolling in the sidewalks at 5pm. That is ridiculous in today's world.
pam

Kingsport, TN

#60 Dec 11, 2013
Where is it located?
pam

Kingsport, TN

#61 Dec 11, 2013
IGuessYouAreJiggylol wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Yes she said "Our"...as in the one she bought!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Constitutional Amendment to stop homosexual mar... 42 min gfy 12
Confederate 'Peckerwood Pride' Parade in Elizab... 15 hr NoMore 23
Citizens Bank Stadium ??? (Nov '14) Sat Chris 22
TOO MANY POP UPs ON THE ELIZ TOPIX PAGE Sat Sandman aka Greg 1
Keith's Automotive Repair And Towing Fri wft 1
fast food that takes ebt (Mar '12) Fri American an stugg... 287
Hot guy at the bonnie kate? Fri RNtb 1
More from around the web

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE