WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR ELIZABETHTON CITY COUNCIL?

Created by no sam on Sep 4, 2010

497 votes

Click on an option to vote

Nancy Alsup

Robert 'Blue' Bowers

William "Bill" Carter (not incumbent)

Daniel Lewis

Vickie Manuel

Sam Shipley

Richard Tester

Jeff Treadway

Rick Walters

res ipsa loquitor

Jonesborough, TN

#21 Sep 25, 2010
no sir re wrote:
A vote for Jeff Treadway is a vote for Shipley, They are good buds, Shipley had him pick up papers when he saw so few was running in order to water down the votes, he wants to be Mayor so bad he can't stand it.
This statement is not true and I know this for a fact. I hope this forum does not become another source of lies and untruths about the people trying to make a difference for our community.
no sir re

Kingsport, TN

#22 Sep 26, 2010
Name one time when Treadway voted any differently than Shipley while sitting together and serving on committees.
we have hope

Johnson City, TN

#23 Sep 26, 2010
res ipsa loquitor wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement is not true and I know this for a fact. I hope this forum does not become another source of lies and untruths about the people trying to make a difference for our community.
What did Sam Shipley as City Councilman the last 8 years ever done in this community that made a difference for the good? Shipley is the # 1 fan for non-resident & non-TAXPAYER and City Manager Fred Edens. Big Mis-take!

All Shipley ever wanted, is have his damn picture on the wall down
at City Hall as Mayor of Elizabethton.
res ipsa loquitor

Jonesborough, TN

#24 Sep 29, 2010
no sir re wrote:
Name one time when Treadway voted any differently than Shipley while sitting together and serving on committees.
Name one time when they voted the same.
top shot

Jonesborough, TN

#25 Sep 30, 2010
every single time shipley and treadway vote on something, their vote is the same.
Voter

Elizabethton, TN

#26 Sep 30, 2010
Go to one of the meetings, Treadway looks at Shipley every time before he votes.
res ipsa loquitor

Jonesborough, TN

#27 Sep 30, 2010
Voter wrote:
Go to one of the meetings, Treadway looks at Shipley every time before he votes.
Check your fact "Jack". Of course he looks at Shipley, just like the other members do. If you know anything about conducting a meeting you would know that all discussion is directed to the chairman (i.e., Mr. Shipley).
BILLY BOB

Johnson City, TN

#28 Oct 4, 2010
WE NEED NEW BLOOD ON THE COUNCIL AND WE NEED TO GET RID OF SPEED BUMB ALSUP AND I AM ON 20+ BOARDS SHIPLEY. WE NEED NEW IDEAS AND ACTION THE PRESENT COUNCIL DOES A LOT OF DISCUSSION AND AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE A LOT MORE IS SAID THEN DONE AND THIS INCLUDES THE OTHERS ON THE COUNCIL THAT NEED TO GO IN THE NEXT ELECTION.
res ipsa loquitor

Jonesborough, TN

#29 Oct 6, 2010
top shot wrote:
every single time shipley and treadway vote on something, their vote is the same.
Wrong again. How did I know that you would not check the facts? I guess when you are just interested in lying about other people, facts just get in the way. By the way, are you and "Voter" and "ni sir re" all running on the same ticket? I sure hope the voters can see thru your little charade, lying and putting down other people so you can get "the ticket" elected. Lord help us all if that happens. Back to the stone ages I guess.
eliz stomper

Kingsport, TN

#30 Oct 6, 2010
res ipsa loquitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. How did I know that you would not check the facts? I guess when you are just interested in lying about other people, facts just get in the way. By the way, are you and "Voter" and "ni sir re" all running on the same ticket? I sure hope the voters can see thru your little charade, lying and putting down other people so you can get "the ticket" elected. Lord help us all if that happens. Back to the stone ages I guess.
I would vote for any ticket as long as they gave you, Sam and mousey, a ticket off the planning commission and out of city government.
res ipsa loquitor

Jonesborough, TN

#31 Oct 7, 2010
eliz stomper wrote:
<quoted text>I would vote for any ticket as long as they gave you, Sam and mousey, a ticket off the planning commission and out of city government.
Then you would be free to LIE, LIE, LIE!!!!!!!!!!
voter

Johnson City, TN

#32 Oct 13, 2010
Better get out and vote! Early voting has started!
we have hope

Johnson City, TN

#33 Oct 14, 2010
ALSUP & SHIPLEY- Two best FRIENDS with City Manager Fred Edens behind closed doors. Make them PAY. VOTE ALSUP & SHIPLEY... OUT! OUT!
draftdodger

Johnson City, TN

#34 Oct 14, 2010
we have hope wrote:
ALSUP & SHIPLEY- Two best FRIENDS with City Manager Fred Edens behind closed doors. Make them PAY. VOTE ALSUP & SHIPLEY... OUT! OUT!
It seems your not alone .A paid political ad was in yesterdays Star asking a good guestion .
we have hope

Johnson City, TN

#35 Oct 19, 2010
Need A Change.

VOTE, VOTE for City Council
Rick Walters
William Bill Carter
Vicky Manual

No to Treadway, Shipley and Alsup!

Jeff Treadway is a Sam Shipley man and Sam Shipley loves City Manager non-resident, non-Taxpayer Fred Edens.

Treadway is not a change.

Nancy Alsup & Sam Shipley had their turn for 8 years and both are proud of Fred Edens.

Shipley is looking for Treadway's Vote for Mayor.
Caveat Emptor

Johnson City, TN

#36 Oct 19, 2010
we have hope wrote:
Need A Change.
VOTE, VOTE for City Council
Rick Walters
William Bill Carter
Vicky Manual
No to Treadway, Shipley and Alsup!
Jeff Treadway is a Sam Shipley man and Sam Shipley loves City Manager non-resident, non-Taxpayer Fred Edens.
Treadway is not a change.
Nancy Alsup & Sam Shipley had their turn for 8 years and both are proud of Fred Edens.
Shipley is looking for Treadway's Vote for Mayor.
Wrong again, Jack. What planet do you come from? Do you spend your days in fantasy land, making up the biggest lies you can? This forum has totally lost any validity or relation to the truth.
we have hope

Johnson City, TN

#37 Oct 19, 2010
Caveat Emptor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, Jack. What planet do you come from? Do you spend your days in fantasy land, making up the biggest lies you can? This forum has totally lost any validity or relation to the truth.

A Fred Edens & Sam Shipley lover will say anything. If you don't this like forum just stay away. Your problem is that you can't grasp or handle the truth. Edens knows if Shipley doesn't win the Council seat, he will be history.

Sam Shipley stated, "I think the City will be LUCKY & PLEASED to have Fred Edens as City Manager." Eliz Star, 3-14-08

92% of US don't think we are that LUCKY! Fire Fred and VOTE NO with Alsup, Mayor want-to-be Shipley & Treadway.
WOW

Kingsport, TN

#38 Oct 20, 2010
Richard Tester is a big NO. His alarm company was responsible for the alarm system at Cloudland Elementary School. The alarm was broken for around five months and he said he was "trying" to fix it. For five months the children and faculty had no working fire alarm. The person who fixed it took a whopping one day to fix it. Do we want someone in an elected office who takes that long to fix a problem when lives could be at risk. I sure don't. We have enough council members who drag their feet as it is. We need new council members but NOT HIM!!!
we have hope

Johnson City, TN

#39 Oct 20, 2010
Nancy Edens Alsup and Sam Shipley are PROUD SUPPORTERS of our 1st non-resident and non-TAXPAYER City Manager Fred Wayne Edens Jr.
VOTE them OUT!

VOTE for City Council
Rick Walters
William B Carter
Vicky Manual

A Vote for Treadway, Shipley & Alsup is a VOTE for Fred Edens.

Send Fred out of Elizabethton on a rail.
Slugger

Kingsport, TN

#40 Oct 21, 2010
New, younger, fresher people are needed on our City Council. Why would voters want to continue with Shipley and Alsup? They have both been in office for years, all the while our downtown and neighborhoods look nastier and more unkept every year. Do these people not see the weeds, unmowed city properties, and delapidated, junky houses all over town, with no enforcement whatsoever of City Codes? Maybe some new Council people will try to clean up our deteriorating town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lauren Shipley 29 min Username 3
Teacher resign at EHS today? 45 min Pray for our scho... 7
ObamaCare: 1 year later...how does it stack up ... 10 hr Newland 96
STARNES: Tennessee school's Nation of Islam han... 10 hr Newland 39
murder investgtion/ valerie arnold (Jun '10) Wed L Curtis 6
Here's how you get free prostitutes for life (Sep '13) Wed black night 13
Brittney Knight's got a new car... Wed cobra 18
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match

Elizabethton People Search