First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JohnQCitizen

AOL

#1 Jan 8, 2007
Does anyone know anything about this criminal court judge? I think I heard that he is from Elizabethton...
Carter County Taxpayer

Emory, VA

#2 Apr 11, 2007
JohnQCitizen wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this criminal court judge? I think I heard that he is from Elizabethton...
I don't know where he lives currently, but he is from Hampton originally I believe. An honest judge is that is what you are asking. Respected family in the community.
big fan of judge brown

Chatsworth, GA

#3 Jun 1, 2010
I think judge brown is a fair and respectful judge.
tmh

Dayton, TN

#4 Jun 1, 2010
Judge Brown is the reason why Howard Hawk Willis didn't go to trial for 8 years.
stoneyj

Asheville, NC

#5 Jun 1, 2010
tmh,Judge Brown followed the law so Willis could not find a technicality to get away with murder or sue the taxpayers of Tennessee or both.All Willis was doing was trying to use the system.So because Judge Brown so judicially manuvered to close any holes that Willis tried to open he actually saved the people of Tennessee.Would you have rather Judge Brown let Willis get out on a technicality so he could be out in the community and maybe be your neighbor.Remember it was Willis that did everything he could do to postpone this trial.
Ghost of Jerry Weaver

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jun 1, 2010
I am proud of Judge Brown. No foolishness in his court. If you are a law abiding citizen you appreciate all of our circuit court judges.
tmh, can you defend your statement or are you simply running your mouth. Tell us the facts and prove what you say.
wingding

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jun 1, 2010
To TMH of Elizabethton, if you are so sure Judge Brown is the problem with Willis, why don't you tell him what he is doing wrong. I for one know from first hand experience he is one of the most fair and impartial judges we have to occupy the bench. I am glad we have people like him setting in judgement for us common folk.
Ready for Change

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jun 1, 2010
Yea, he's the same Judge that allowed a felon curently on house arrest to work in a BAR!!!!
personineastn

Dickson, TN

#9 Jun 1, 2010
Judge Brown is one of the very best Criminal Court judges anywhere, period. He has processed thousands of cases in his years on the bench and he has done an excellent job.
If Willis is found guilty it WILL be appealed and to have that conviction reversed and retired would be a disaster. Judge Brown was trying to prevent that and I think he did a fine job.

Has anyone ever been forced to represent himself in a double homicide death penalty case? You can understand Judge Brown's caution.
fact

Bybee, TN

#10 Jun 1, 2010
ready for change, if you only had the life experiences of caring for someone with the love of addictions then you would understand that there are no answers to addictions just hoping you have new options that judge brown can come up with . he is a creative and thoughtful person hoping he continues. he sees more , even using love as a tool. hampton ,
Lisa Whitson

Bristol, TN

#11 Aug 13, 2010
I was currently incarcerated, if it had not been for Judge Brown sentecing me to ACCP I would have been either dead or in prison.
I have my life back and I am aiming for higher goals and would like to thank him for setting me on the right tract.
real time

Dayton, TN

#12 Aug 14, 2010
Lisa Whitson wrote:
I was currently incarcerated, if it had not been for Judge Brown sentecing me to ACCP I would have been either dead or in prison.
I have my life back and I am aiming for higher goals and would like to thank him for setting me on the right tract.
Judge Brown is the worst Judge in this district. Of course he helped you out because you are a female and my guess a drug offender. Judge Brown is the reason the Howard Hawk Willis case dragged on for years and years. When a new Judge was appointed how long did it take him to get that case over? 2 months. Judge Brown is a JOKE.
Anonymous

Cookeville, TN

#13 Aug 14, 2010
real time wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Brown is the worst Judge in this district. Of course he helped you out because you are a female and my guess a drug offender. Judge Brown is the reason the Howard Hawk Willis case dragged on for years and years. When a new Judge was appointed how long did it take him to get that case over? 2 months. Judge Brown is a JOKE.
Sounds like to me someone did not get there way in judge browns court!!8yrs ago i had addiction prob.myself and got into a mess!! Through Judge Browns court i was able to make a new run at my life!!Sure i did some time!!(lots of it!!)But with his compassion for people. I was able to become an active member of society again!!And know i am not a female. If there was more judges in this DISTRICT like him we would no longer need our new JAIL!!!!!GO JUDGE BROWN!!!!!!!!
Justice for all

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 14, 2010
All judges are to easy on those that break the laws.If they did their job we would not have repeat offenders.
Justice for all

Johnson City, TN

#15 Oct 27, 2010

Here's the way it should be:

Let's put the seniors in jail and the criminals in nursing homes.

This would correct two things in one motion:

Seniors would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They would receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs, etc.

They would receive money instead of having to pay it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they would be helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes.

All meals and snacks would be brought to them.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight/fitness room, spiritual counseling, a pool and education..and free admission to in-house concerts by nationally recognized entertainment artists.

Simple clothing - ie., shoes, slippers, pj's - and legal aid would be free, upon request.

There would be private, secure rooms provided for all with an outdoor exercise yard complete with gardens.

Each senior would have a P.C., T.V., phone and radio in their room at no cost.

They would receive daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear any complaints and the ACLU would fight for their rights and protection.

The guards would have a code of conduct to be strictly adhered to, with attorneys available, at no charge to protect the seniors and their families from abuse or neglect.


As for the criminals:

They would receive cold food.
They would be left alone and unsupervised. They would receive showers once a week.
They would live in tiny rooms, for which they would have to pay $5,000+ per month.
They would have no hope of ever getting out. "Sounds like justice to me!"
kristy

Johnson City, TN

#16 Nov 24, 2010
justice for all you hit the nail on the head
princess

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Dec 3, 2010
JohnQCitizen wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this criminal court judge? I think I heard that he is from Elizabethton...
he is a firm and fair judge!!! he doesnt let baldwin control his decisions like most judges do. if their ever was a good judge, it is brown!!!
princess

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Dec 3, 2010
kristy wrote:
justice for all you hit the nail on the head
hampton!!!
one time

Johnson City, TN

#19 Jan 15, 2011
Is this the judge that rambles about his personal whims? I sat in one of the galleries the other day, and a judge just spent alot of time talking nonsense. it may be his courtroom, but it was Carter county taxpayer money he wasted. He was fair though. I just think that business should be conducted without prattle.
ronh

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jan 15, 2011
Jerry Weaver needs to be back on the bench.He let everybody go free.He was one of the biggest jokes in Carter County.You're supposed to have a law degree to be a judge.I doubt if Jerry finished high school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amy carrier (Sep '12) 1 hr Lilly White 34
Domestic Violence in Carter County 3 hr Santo 6
hair color 5 hr yep 2
travis rydbeck 5 hr Foxyy 13
Moving to the area! 6 hr Mikki Hammitt 24
Snap on Tools Management 6 hr Kim 1
Ladies I need professional help. 8 hr Mary 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages