State emergency action suspends three...

State emergency action suspends three nurses at Appalachian Medical Center

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

Pill Mill

Kingsport, TN

#1 Mar 15, 2010
On Thursday, the Tennessee Board of Nursing took “emergency action,” and suspended the licenses of three nurses at the Appalachian Medical Center in Johnson City.
The board said Bobby Reynolds the Second, David Stout Jr., and Tina Killebrew are a danger to the public.
“[Those suspensions were] based on engaging in a pattern of deceptive, substandard care, and gross malpractice,“ said Tennessee Dept. of Health Spokeswoman Andrea Turner.
The nursing board said Reynolds, Stout, and Killebrew violated numerous professional standards. These are three of the more serious ones:
1. The nurses prescribed pain killers to known drug dealers.
2. The nurses prescribed pain killers to each other.
3. The nurses’ substandard practices contributed to at least two deaths and multiple overdoses in their patient population.
In 2008, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation raided the AMC office. They called it a “pill mill,“ that contributed to 47 patient deaths in two years. No formal charges were filed.
Thursday’s suspensions are not criminal in nature, Turner said.“Summary suspensions have to do with their ability to work as a nurse,“ she said.
Reynolds, Stout, and Killebrew can contest those suspensions next Thursday, during an informal nursing board conference at 2 p.m.
Reynolds’ father declined comment for him.
David Stout referred 11 Connects to his attorney.
Dr. Vance Shaw, the supervisor at AMC, could not be reached for comment
Burnette

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Mar 16, 2010
It is amazing what money will do to people. (GREED)
wondering

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Mar 18, 2010
I am just wondering if anyone here on topix has been affected from this situation? My mother-in-law is in terrible condition and now she is w/o any doctor. She is 77 yrs old and cannot get another dr to see her. I am really worried about her and the condition she is in.
Big Papa

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Mar 21, 2010
I know Bob Reynolds really well he is a GREAT person...
Dogs deserved better

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2010
no big surprise here.oxycontin is big business
Fred

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Mar 23, 2010
Dogs deserved better wrote:
no big surprise here.oxycontin is big business
They handed them out like candy, a family member went there and they got 90 oxycontin, 90 lortabs and 90 xanax every month.
lost

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 21, 2010
i seen reynolds since i moved here from nc 9 years ago,i had just settled with workers comp and i was a mess,they had me on so many meds i had 2 take meds for cogestive heart failuar whe i was 30,reyonalds got me off of alot of meds,now i dont know what went on there,i just know im no part of it but it has affected me to were no dr. will see me at all,even though without my meds,if i run out i end up in icu,its not fair that drs. can descrimiante against whoever they want and can choice no 2 c u at all.seems 2 me the state should stop the descrimination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 8 min _Zoey_ 2,356
Eddie witten 56 min dtrema 4
2 dudes gaming! 2 hr A Girl 2
POS Panhandlers, Beggars, Scammers (Sep '14) 5 hr indeed 13
April Lyons (Mar '12) 6 hr Geo 16
Mapes Piano String Co. (Aug '13) 7 hr Upset and tired 131
Etown pizza 9 hr Gina 8

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance