Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 9, 2010
He doesn't work for CCSO anymore

Lebanon, TN

#4 Jan 10, 2010

Nashville, TN

#5 Jan 10, 2010
FBL FAN wrote:
He went to ETSU to make more money and better himself..
Yeah Right

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jan 10, 2010
mary wrote:
<quoted text> He went to ETSU to make more money and better himself..
So he used his education for a low paying deputies job?

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jan 10, 2010
He went to work for ETSU... he is an officer at ETSU for those of you whoe are slowly catching on and I wish him the best!

Johnson City, TN

#8 Jan 20, 2010
HE was my pastor a couple of years ago ,good guy, i also wish him the best

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jan 20, 2010
not working for the county anymore.

West Point, GA

#10 Jan 23, 2010
There's no money to be made in the "depp-i-di" business, I know one who uses those pay-day loan companies to hold his post dated check till payday. Being a depp-i-di is about deep seated childhood inferiority complexes and the need for power and control through intimidation. These types of personalities need this mental food for their own survival. Many are deranged and seek out these types of jobs (cops, prison guards, etc) to exercise their need for perceived power over others.

That's the main reason these types of jobs pay so low, top psychologists have concluded that the types of people who apply for these types of jobs will gladly sacrafice money for perceived power over others and the system is more than happy to oblige.
been around

Johnson City, TN

#11 Feb 1, 2010
Hey Chcektocheck, it is not always the reasons you are spouting off about. Sometimes situations make you take a job that you don't really care for but you have to take them for the necessities of life. I worked at the prison for 5 yrs. Not because I wanted to but because I NEEDED to. So don't try to push your pscyhco-babble or rhetoric without knowing all the details. As far a Timmy is concerned he is a fine man and those without sin cast the first stone!!

Kingsport, TN

#12 Feb 1, 2010
Timmy is a good guy. I do have to wonder though. If you are truly called to preach, you should preach, not be playing cop. I'll pray that he answers his true calling and wish him the best.

Johnson City, TN

#13 Feb 1, 2010
Hey Preach ... 1st of all ... Timmy isn't "playing" cop , he IS a cop and second... I would be careful what you question when it comes to those types of things. I'm not trying to be snotty, just stating the facts :)

Kingsport, TN

#14 Feb 1, 2010
O.k. fine, he's a cop. Was he called to preach or not? I am very careful of those things. If I felt like God was calling me to preach, I'd preach joyfully. I wouldn't be testing other occupations. I'm not judging him, I'm simply stating that if he felt called to preach, he should follow that calling. Why isn't he?

Johnson City, TN

#15 Feb 1, 2010
As far as I know, he isn't preaching ... I guess he could have been called to preach for the short time he did ... I don't know .. God does things for reasons I don't question. Judge not lest you be judge right ...

Kingsport, TN

#16 Feb 1, 2010
The only thing God doesn't do for sure is change His mind. We do. That verse is the most misquoted verse in the Bible. Christians are to judge other christians. The verse is only stating that the standards you use will also be used on you. The word judge should actually be translated as encourage. In other words, when a fellow christian veers off the right path, we should encourage them back to the path. The only way to do that is to carefully judge what caused them to go astray.

With that said, I can't speak for Timmy. But if God called him to preach, the only person that can change his mind on that is Timmy. Maybe he hasn't found a church, maybe he doesn't feel he is in the right standing with God, I don't know. But if he is called to preach, he should seek the will God has laid out for him. That's between Timmy and God. I am simply stating my concerns with the other occupation persuits.

Since: Aug 09

Paducah, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2010
Preacher wrote:
Timmy is a good guy. I do have to wonder though. If you are truly called to preach, you should preach, not be playing cop. I'll pray that he answers his true calling and wish him the best.
Are you for real? You are saying that if you are called to preach, you can't do anything else?? What Bible are you reading??Some would starve if that was the case.

Kingsport, TN

#18 Feb 2, 2010
If you are called to preach, it should be your priority. If you do work on the side, it should be a job that you can drop what your doing at any moment to attend to your ministry duties if needed. I doubt police officer is one of those. It's about trusting God. If you trust God to provide for your needs, then dedicating your time to your calling will result in God meeting your needs.

You people need to grow up. Like I said, it's between Timmy and God. Just remember, God said throw down your nets and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. He said this to his disciples and future preachers of the word. I don't recall the part where he said. But if you don't make enough money, you can come back and work your nets on the side.
talks to idiots

Antioch, TN

#19 Feb 7, 2010
so, preacher, if it's between Timmy and God, what the hell are you doing sticking your holy nose in it? And, are you SURE God doesn't change His mind? Are you speaking for God now days?
Whatever chruch you are from.... I hope noone I know darkens your doors.

Kingsport, TN

#20 Feb 7, 2010
The Bible is clear. God is the same today as he was in the beginning. So yes, I am positive. God doesn't change his mind. I simply provided insight. Obviously, who ever started this thread also wondered why a man who was called to preach decided not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Oct '12) 6 hr winner 8
Word Association Game (Aug '12) 6 hr winner 17
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word**** (May '10) 6 hr winner 2,444
New covered bridge cafe owners 7 hr Too shay 14
Leon Humped 7 hr Jenett 10
Mike Little to be Dexters chief 8 hr Farmboy 5
Sheriffs office vehicles being used 8 hr Farmboy 11
Gary Hicks sycamore drivein 17 hr Cat 74

Elizabethton Jobs

Personal Finance