pagan/wiccan thread
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
seeker

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Feb 25, 2010
i know this will cause must unnecessary drama, but are there any pagan/wiccan groups, shops or meetings anywhere in the tricities area? i understand the need to be discreet and not publish those things in an area christian dominated area such as this, and can understand if you dont want to make the announcement on this forum, but i am seeking other "seekers." any advise or direction would be welcome.

dont tell me to go to church. been there. done that.
Diana

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2010
seeker wrote:
i know this will cause must unnecessary drama, but are there any pagan/wiccan groups, shops or meetings anywhere in the tricities area? i understand the need to be discreet and not publish those things in an area christian dominated area such as this, and can understand if you dont want to make the announcement on this forum, but i am seeking other "seekers." any advise or direction would be welcome.
dont tell me to go to church. been there. done that.
There is a pagan/wiccan forum on Topix
ex creeker

Johnson City, TN

#3 Feb 25, 2010
I am not a participant but their creed seems to be "Respect yourself, Respect your planet, Respect your fellow man, Do no harm if it can be avoided"

No wonder the Baptists hate em
Diana

United States

#4 Feb 25, 2010
ex creeker wrote:
I am not a participant but their creed seems to be "Respect yourself, Respect your planet, Respect your fellow man, Do no harm if it can be avoided"
No wonder the Baptists hate em
LOL-I seem to remember a sect from a forum in the East Tenn area while I was circulating the Michael Vick petition but I can't remember what county or city it was. but i do know it was East Tenn. Wiccan runs on my mothers side in East Tenn for sure!Pretty cool people!
Age

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 25, 2010
seeker wrote:
i know this will cause must unnecessary drama, but are there any pagan/wiccan groups, shops or meetings anywhere in the tricities area? i understand the need to be discreet and not publish those things in an area christian dominated area such as this, and can understand if you dont want to make the announcement on this forum, but i am seeking other "seekers." any advise or direction would be welcome.
dont tell me to go to church. been there. done that.
I know they exist in south eastern Kentucky. Several years ago a group murdered a family at the rest stop on the interstate going toward Knoxville.

Since: Jan 10

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 25, 2010
I would trust a Wiccan a lot more than a preacher or lawyer
wiccagirl

Rogersville, TN

#7 Feb 28, 2010
as far as stores or shops there is a lovely shop in down town johnson city called atlantis, it isn't strictly a wiccan shop but has great stuff, and if she doesn't have it, she will. as far as groups I haven't found one that isn't serious or teens "just playing"
Youre Dumb

Kingsport, TN

#8 Feb 28, 2010
ex creeker wrote:
I am not a participant but their creed seems to be "Respect yourself, Respect your planet, Respect your fellow man, Do no harm if it can be avoided"
No wonder the Baptists hate em
There is nothing wrong with being a good steward to the planet. However, there is only one way to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ. Saying Baptists or any other christian denomination hates others is just dumb. Disagree with their doctrine? Yes. Pray that their eyes are opened to the truth? Yes. Hate them? Definitely not. In fact, we love them because Christ died for them as well.
New York

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 1, 2010
Independent_in_eliz wrote:
I would trust a Wiccan a lot more than a preacher or lawyer
I would trust just about anything a lot more than a lawyer!

Since: Jan 10

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 1, 2010
Youre Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with being a good steward to the planet. However, there is only one way to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ. Saying Baptists or any other christian denomination hates others is just dumb. Disagree with their doctrine? Yes. Pray that their eyes are opened to the truth? Yes. Hate them? Definitely not. In fact, we love them because Christ died for them as well.
So that is why Eric Rudolph was setting bombs outside abortion clinics and in Atlanta. The really doabolical part of it was that he usually set a second bomb to go off a couple of hours later to kill cops. that was done in the name of Christianity. what about the "Christian"
that walked up to a doctor and blew his head off in CHURCH in Kansas? I guess that was out of love too?
New York

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Mar 1, 2010
Committing crimes in the name of Christianity is just sick. My God would be terribly offended.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#12 Mar 1, 2010
My point exactly, New York.

“Namaste :)”

Since: Nov 09

Elizabethton

#13 Mar 1, 2010
I have met one other Pagan/Wiccan in the Elizabethton area that wasn't just a rebellious teen playing at being in a cult. I wish this area had a Pagan group to celebrate the Sabbats together, but I know I for one would be terrified of the public reaction to us.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#14 Mar 1, 2010
Pagan, I have a friend who was "croned" about 3 years ago. with her permission ( I talk to her once a week or sd) I will put her email addy here so you can contact her. she is in roan mtn now.

Excuse My ignorance to the religion as "croned" is the closest I could come to what she told me.

Since: Jan 10

Johnson City, TN

#15 Mar 2, 2010
Just walk in Wal-Mart in Elizabethton and ask in there, they have quite a few devil worshippers working for them.

Since: Jan 10

Johnson City, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2010
You seem to mistake devil worshipers "satanists" for wiccans. Totally different. In fact, about as close to opposite as you can get if you think about it.
doglover

Ringgold, GA

#17 Mar 2, 2010
well actually any religion other than a relationship with Jesus Christ is satanic whether it is acknowledged or not.

But as to the presence of a wiccan group in tri-cities area, I used to know of at least one group that met in Carter County. But I do not know if they continue. Some of them were friends of mine even tho they knew how I felt about their religious views. But those of the group who were my friends have moved on to other states etc. So I have no clue as to whether others continue to meet.
independent

Johnson City, TN

#18 Mar 2, 2010
doglover wrote:
well actually any religion other than a relationship with Jesus Christ is satanic whether it is acknowledged or not.
But as to the presence of a wiccan group in tri-cities area, I used to know of at least one group that met in Carter County. But I do not know if they continue. Some of them were friends of mine even tho they knew how I felt about their religious views. But those of the group who were my friends have moved on to other states etc. So I have no clue as to whether others continue to meet.
Are you saying Jews are satanic?
read and study

Jonesborough, TN

#19 Mar 2, 2010
If you will read about the pagan religion, you would see that much of the christian symbolisim comes from paganism. NO religion is pure. They have been twisted to suite the needs of those in charge over the centuries that they now can't be really believed. Paganism isn't bad. It was deemed so by the invading christion faith so their faith could be validated. The Bible itself was in the hands of the catholic church for many years. They decided what could be put in and what could be left out. King James had it translated to suite his needs. So I don't believe anyone should look down on anyone else because of their spiritual beliefs or lack thereof. Take care of your own and leave eveyone to take care of theirs. Everyone doesn't have to think alike. If it means a bad afterlife then it's theirs not yours.
wiccagirl

Rogersville, TN

#20 Mar 3, 2010
People are afraid of what they do not understand, they judge without taking others into consideration. It sickens me every time I am judged for wearing a pentacle around my neck. They "assume" that it's a pentagram, and that I worship satan. Call me what you will, I am to the point I don't care anymore. But just remember,(if you are one of the judgemental people), Paganism is the oldest religion. And the next time you use or even say, "an old wives tale", you yourself are "worshipping satan" ,if thats what you believe paganism and wicca to be.

Blessed be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Information Needed 47 min Kermit the frog 3
Busted 1 hr Busted 1
Beggers on corners 4 hr News Reviews 26
Carter Co. Jailhouse 4 hr News Reviews 3
Terry Montgomery worst landlord in Carter county 11 hr Harold 5
Woman that walks thru town. (May '15) 11 hr Kelly 107
Casey Chambers (Sep '15) 16 hr FUPUNK 21

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabethton Mortgages