Dating an unhappily married man

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rainbowsprinkles

Poughkeepsie, NY

#2 Mar 30, 2010
Don't let him get away with it ,He is just using you,I am sure he gave you the same old story about how his wife is a bitch and he cant afford a divorce right now etc. It's all B.S <I have never personally been involved with a married man however I know a few Woman who have and guess what all the men have the same story and not one has ever actually left his wife.
Wondering

Johnson City, TN

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Why the hell do you mess with a married man in the first place. You "FEEL" used??? Because you ARE!!!
Dog lover

United States

#4 Mar 30, 2010
Tawnya with a T wrote:
I've been dating a married man for two years now and his wife doesn't know . He keeps telling me he's going to leave her but I think he's lying to me . My friends keep telling me when they see him and his wife together they are always cuddling . I feel used and broken . He swears he can't stand her but I know the truth . What should I do now ?
forget him!If he did leave her, he would cheat on you
Norma Jean

Fort Campbell, TN

#5 Mar 30, 2010
Married men are a waste of time. He is cheating on his wife-- so he is a CHEAT! Raise above this and let him go because he is really not yours anyway. Don't believe anything he says because your whole reationship with him is a lie-- he is a CHEAT. Married men have to lie to cheat-- so he is also a lier. How could you believe anything he says? Stay away from the lier and cheat and move on with your life. Most of all, you are cheating yourself if you keep seeing this married man.
correct

Johnson City, TN

#6 Mar 30, 2010
Any person who is married should not get involved with another person outside their marriage until it is legally over. Think of the times right here in this county that these types of situations have ended really bad. If you are single then right away if you are attracted to someone and they to you just say "When your divorce is final,we will talk." Act like an adult and think ahead. There is no future with a married person.

“You lose a lot of time, hating”

Since: Jan 10

Roan Mountain

#7 Mar 30, 2010
reality check ~ if he was THAT unhappy.... He would have left 2 years ago. The only thing he's using you for besides a piece is an ego stroker. Honestly while he's out an about with his wifey...you're sitting by the phone waiting for whatever crumb of attention he'll throw your way...The best thing for YOU would be to drop him, tell his wife, then move on with yours and find someone who's worth your time...and then hope that karma doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 30, 2010
This is coming from a man that is closing in on 25 years. Somoe of it has been good, some hasnt. It's part of life.

Are you ready for this?

DITCH HIM!!!!

*smiles like a gentle old codger*

Since: Jan 10

Ringgold, GA

#9 Mar 30, 2010
Tawnya with a T wrote:
I've been dating a married man for two years now and his wife doesn't know . He keeps telling me he's going to leave her but I think he's lying to me . My friends keep telling me when they see him and his wife together they are always cuddling . I feel used and broken . He swears he can't stand her but I know the truth . What should I do now ?
The way you feel is how his wife will feel when she finds out. Find a single man and stop being the other woman. Usually a married man that wants to cheat will try and cheat with another married woman. The reason is another married woman would not tell about her secret affair to other people.
trustissues

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 30, 2010
If you are the other woman , you already kno he is a cheat.. you are obviously not prepared to leave him, and he is obviously not prepared to leave his wife for you so.. the only answer here is to hope the wife finds out and gets rid of his sorry cheating ass, and you should hope she dont kick yours!! you are as bad as he is, im not saying men..or women dont look, or maybe even have thoughts but if eithier way you act on them you dont know what love is so move on and hope to find it elsewhere. And b4 u say it, if u are with some1 who cheats, its not because you aint given them something at home its simply they have insecurities within themselves and need that lil power boost..dont charge their batteries, hell put em in something at your own house and please urself..seems like itd be the same satisfaction eithier way!
overit

Spruce Pine, NC

#11 Mar 30, 2010
Take the high road--get out of the relationship now. There's no future for you with this guy, or for any married man for that matter, so don't do it again. And here's a thought....I just saw where an "other woman" in North Carolina has been sued by the ex-wife because the other woman broke up the marriage and now the other woman has been ordered to pay $9 million to the ex-wife. Put that thought in your coffee pot and let it perk for awhile.
Its about time

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Mar 30, 2010
overit wrote:
Take the high road--get out of the relationship now. There's no future for you with this guy, or for any married man for that matter, so don't do it again. And here's a thought....I just saw where an "other woman" in North Carolina has been sued by the ex-wife because the other woman broke up the marriage and now the other woman has been ordered to pay $9 million to the ex-wife. Put that thought in your coffee pot and let it perk for awhile.
It tickles me pink to think there is a law that can stick it to some bag of trash for messing with married woman's family! Maybe this will stop alot of children from living in the HELL of homes being broken up because of CHEATING! I hope every woman that finds her spouse cheating on her will be able to make his mistress really pay$$$$$, then maybe they will learn the word NO!!
better

United States

#13 Mar 30, 2010
Roan Mountain Resident wrote:
reality check ~ if he was THAT unhappy.... He would have left 2 years ago. The only thing he's using you for besides a piece is an ego stroker. Honestly while he's out an about with his wifey...you're sitting by the phone waiting for whatever crumb of attention he'll throw your way...The best thing for YOU would be to drop him, tell his wife, then move on with yours and find someone who's worth your time...and then hope that karma doesn't come back to bite you in the ass.
well put
jusmyhumbleopini on

Johnson City, TN

#14 Mar 31, 2010
Just post his name here...we'll make sure his wife knows. And I'd almost guarantee he's "hittin' it" wherever he can, with whomever he can, leaving his wife in the dark concerning STD's, and who knows what.
Duh

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Mar 31, 2010
Gawd! You wonder about HIS lying, cheating ways. What about you? Can you face children or the wife who is being deceived by your contribution to this sordid state of affairs? Cheats are cheats, bottom line. I have no patience for such shenanigans. Get yourself in touch with your maker; then you will know what's right. Or are you also already ensconced in a Sunday pew? You are just as guilty and WILL carry this for the rest of your life. Think on that a bit!
Justice for Yoris

United States

#16 Mar 31, 2010
holidays must suck for mistresses.
New York

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2010
He's a liar and you bought it. You're a cheater too so you have that in common. I think you make a wonderful pair. I hope his wife takes every penny he has in the divorce settlement. Then not only will you have to watch him day and night and play second fiddle to his children, you'll have to support him as well. Doesn't that sound like something you'd enjoy. Move on and stay away from married men. How would you feel if you found out your husband was telling another woman he was unhappily married but wasn't telling you which is probably the case.
Been There Too

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Mar 31, 2010
Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. Ditch him and his poor pitifuls story and move on, sweetie. Otherwise you will live your life hiding and hating your self. The deeper you get in the harder it will be to leave. Falling in love with a cheat is easy, leaving is more difficult. Turn around and walk away now, and don't look back. Change your phone number, do what ever it takes. Don't let him contact you. And, for goodness sakes, stop feeling sorry for him.
Lawyer

Ashland City, TN

#19 Mar 31, 2010
there's only 7 states that still have this law... TN is NOT one of them. But you need to check your own moral compass.
overit

Spruce Pine, NC

#20 Mar 31, 2010
It's true that only 7 or so states still have the alienation of affection law, but.....I can't help but feel that there ways to address the issue through a civil law suit, i.e. damages for emotional distress, threat to one's personal health, violation of the right to pursue happiness. I mean, isn't that what lawyers do...find ways to accommodate particular circumstances in a court of law? Is that called torte law? Personally, I think it should be commonplace to sue the person who interferes with a marital relationship. We prosecute for "aiding and abetting" a crime, don't we?
New York

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Mar 31, 2010
overit wrote:
It's true that only 7 or so states still have the alienation of affection law, but.....I can't help but feel that there ways to address the issue through a civil law suit, i.e. damages for emotional distress, threat to one's personal health, violation of the right to pursue happiness. I mean, isn't that what lawyers do...find ways to accommodate particular circumstances in a court of law? Is that called torte law? Personally, I think it should be commonplace to sue the person who interferes with a marital relationship. We prosecute for "aiding and abetting" a crime, don't we?
Lawyers just make money and divorce lawyers should be prosecuted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lori Turner (Aug '11) 2 hr Tammy Lynn 21
girls that have had a threesome (Jun '13) 3 hr bobby 91
What is going in Ingles shopping plaza? 6 hr Mistyblue0351 15
Tara Collins 11 hr Lucys pal 11
INSIDE CARTER COUNTY JAIL(the things you dont k... (Dec '12) 11 hr Bunkmate 347
Heather Taylor (Sep '12) 11 hr Smh 12
flood of 1998 (Jul '11) Mon Curious 27

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance