THe Sheriff still dating felon Meliss...

THe Sheriff still dating felon Melissa sutphin

Posted in the Elizabethton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wake up carter county

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2012
I know this is a subject that he the sheriff gets to keep hidden or pretend it isn't an issue but when when u are in Jus position as sheriff u would think u wouldn't associate yourself and your child around a former cocaine dealer but guess what he still does and the commisioners need to do something about it!there's such a thing called code of ethics !
wow

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 22, 2012
why do u care, you live in SC.
Wondering

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 22, 2012
wake up carter county wrote:
I know this is a subject that he the sheriff gets to keep hidden or pretend it isn't an issue but when when u are in Jus position as sheriff u would think u wouldn't associate yourself and your child around a former cocaine dealer but guess what he still does and the commisioners need to do something about it!there's such a thing called code of ethics !
I hate this but the code of ethics don't always apply. Take a look at Erwin topixs and see what all there sheriff is accused of doing and they elected him to office anyway....some of the people over here I swear thinks he can walk on water....trying to say he don't do stuff unethical anymore...well I guess they don't know him as good as they should.....code of ethics don't always work...people are laughing at them all over this country even on the west coast they think they are a joke...
wake up carter county

United States

#4 Aug 22, 2012
Well I k.ow for a fact she was saleing cocaine along w several others Including her black drug dealer boyfriend Leco....lol ! This went on a few years !! The county commisioners need or the county to look Into what the public figure associates them selves with !!
What

Johnson City, TN

#5 Aug 22, 2012
I don't have a clue about any of this, but he was elected to office. If he is single, I don't think you or any of the commissioners can tell him who he can or cannot date. How does who he dates violate the code of ethics anyway?
Seems to me the County has a lot bigger problems to sift through than who the sheriff dates.
He could be dating Lady GAGA or Boy George for all I care. What is your point??
Or did you just want to gossip??
wake up carter county

United States

#6 Aug 22, 2012
First of all its not gossip and yes it does matter when u are the sheriff !!! Common sence tells u that and yes there is a code of ethics and to male it short and sweet it means u don't involve yourself with felons and convicts on a personal basis !!!
Hmmmm

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Aug 22, 2012
What wrote:
I don't have a clue about any of this, but he was elected to office. If he is single, I don't think you or any of the commissioners can tell him who he can or cannot date. How does who he dates violate the code of ethics anyway?
Seems to me the County has a lot bigger problems to sift through than who the sheriff dates.
Amen...sounds like someone has had some run-ins with the law and is now out to cause a stir over nothing. If she was currently selling drugs I would have an issue. But if she did something in her past and has paid her debt to society and moved on to a legal and drug free life good for her.
Politically Correct

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 22, 2012
What wrote:
It very well does violate the code if ethics, if you are the sheriff of this county then it us your job to keep the county as lawful as you possibly can, including the inmates/felons (not shack up with them!) How can you enforce the law if you associate yourself with felons and drug dealers?? HELLO!
Becca

Jefferson, GA

#9 Oct 23, 2012
I don't know the sheriff but I know melissa and her brother very well. They were both drug dealers for years. And they are both still paying their debts to society. Melissa has been on parole for as long as I've known her (about 10 years). I don't like her at all, but I don't feel that she is doing anything immoral now.
Elmer Gantry

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 24, 2012
wake up carter county wrote:
Are you stuck in some sort of seventh grade mentality? This matter between the sheriff and his friend is none of your business and I think that you should extend these two people the benefit of the doubt.
wake up

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2012
U must be stuck in the 7 th grade not anyone that realizes that when your in his position as sheriff you don't have romantic or relaahionships period with dope dealers ! You dont ride them around in the county vehicle to there probation appts and ETC !!!! There's a code of ETHICS which mathes dosent go by nor do you know about evidently!! Oh and moat 7 th graders I know has enuff since not to do what our so called low life sheriff does ...so wake up !!!
OkeeDokie

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 24, 2012
I'm leaving the topix forum for good, but just had a comment here also before I get off here...I don't know any of these people..I mean, I know who the sheriff is, but that's it.
IF this girl has paid her debt and served her sentence for whatever she has done..then...specfically....ho w is he violating the code of ethics?? Do you have an exact portion of the code of ethics you can refer to that he is in violation of?? If so, post it so others can see exactly (specifically) what allegation you are making.
If he is dating this girl, and she has already served and paid for whatever she has done in the past...I don't see that he is doing anything "legally" wrong.
It might look kind of odd for him to be dating someone with a prior record..it may not reflect him in the best light..but I don't think it's actually breaking a specific law or code that would get him booted from his job or anything.
Since this keeps popping up on here, I wish somebody would just post the exact legal or ethical violation that you think is being violated and quit being so "general" about it.
Just because you don't like it really doesn't mean anything. There has to be some actual enforceable misconduct..I would think the County Commissioners would have taken some type of action by now if this were the case.
If it really concerns you so much, contact the county commissioners or go to the next meeting and ask for an investigation to see if there is a true violation of code that needs to be addressed.
Otherwise, not sure why all of this keeps going and going and going?????
Just don't vote for him next time if this really bothers you.
OkeeDokie

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 24, 2012
There is one more thing I would like to say..I don't know this girl you are talking about..never heard of her..but this is one of the main things about this topix forum that really bothers me....
I know a couple of people who really went down the wrong path early in life..drugs, jail, drinking, etc.
who ended up totally turning their lives around. I know this doesn't always happen..but I know some where it has..One of these people is now an older gentleman who went back to school, got his degree and is now a successful businessman and volunteers with charities that help those with addiction problems.

I wonder, if he opened up a business here in Carter County, if people would get on here and start bringing all of his past back up again, even though it was several years ago..and he is now a totally different person than he was back then....in this County, is it really possible to ever truly live down you "past" or will people here let you???

I have become of the opinion that..if you have something you are not proud of in your past that you have done wrong and you want to turn your life around...I'm not sure you can stay here...unless you are really thick-skinned..because people here have long memories and will not hesitate to hold things against you that happened 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago no matter what you do. I have decided this is a place where you can never outlive or atone for anything you have ever done wrong...

And, since this forum has become so popular, don't be surprised, if somebody you might have even accidently rubbed the wrong way, comes on here and drudges something up from when you were 18 years old to try and embarrass you just because they can.

That's why I am leaving this forum for good..it's nothing but negative energy and life is too short.
wake up

United States

#14 Oct 24, 2012
You haven't a clue about this situation! He dosent only date a former lol cocaine dealer but on top of that uses his job to Harris his ex that had the baby and threaten her constantly with his job....once she take him back to court it Will all come out ! There buddy the judge Wont be hearing it this time ....!!
what tha

Greeneville, TN

#15 Oct 25, 2012
OkeeDokie wrote:
There is one more thing I would like to say..I don't know this girl you are talking about..never heard of her..but this is one of the main things about this topix forum that really bothers me....
I know a couple of people who really went down the wrong path early in life..drugs, jail, drinking, etc.
who ended up totally turning their lives around. I know this doesn't always happen..but I know some where it has..One of these people is now an older gentleman who went back to school, got his degree and is now a successful businessman and volunteers with charities that help those with addiction problems.
I wonder, if he opened up a business here in Carter County, if people would get on here and start bringing all of his past back up again, even though it was several years ago..and he is now a totally different person than he was back then....in this County, is it really possible to ever truly live down you "past" or will people here let you???
I have become of the opinion that..if you have something you are not proud of in your past that you have done wrong and you want to turn your life around...I'm not sure you can stay here...unless you are really thick-skinned..because people here have long memories and will not hesitate to hold things against you that happened 10, 20, 30, 40 years ago no matter what you do. I have decided this is a place where you can never outlive or atone for anything you have ever done wrong...
And, since this forum has become so popular, don't be surprised, if somebody you might have even accidently rubbed the wrong way, comes on here and drudges something up from when you were 18 years old to try and embarrass you just because they can.
That's why I am leaving this forum for good..it's nothing but negative energy and life is too short.
NOPE! MATTER WHAT YOU'VE EVER DONE IN THIS TOWN ALL THE HENS GOSSIPS AND JUST PLAIN TROUBLEMAKERS WILL MAKE SURE THE FLAME NEVER GOES OUT ON A FIRE LIKE THAT! BUT,!!!, IF YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUSLY FANTASTIC IT WILL BE FORGOTTEN IN SOME MINUTES! To the topic at hand, everyone....i mean EVERYONE has talked about mathis' personal life since he's been sheriff if you don't like the way he lives or the example he sets, why vote him in AGAIN, AND very possibly another term??!! Code of ethics if there are many left in THIS TOWN, quit talking and take action!
judge not

Marion, NC

#16 Nov 5, 2012
OkeeDokie wrote:

That's why I am leaving this forum for good..it's

nothing but negative energy and life is too short.
i agree..weve all made mistakes i dont think this female should be judged for the rest of her life for her past actions..people can change..most for the better when they have been in a situation like this..why people want to down others,be nosey,gossip i will never know..im sure that you must have a very interesting life to have nothing else to do
In on

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2012
Okeedokie. You are correct. I have lived in a lot of places but none do bad as carter county . This bible belt is a cover up . They never forgive people even if they do turn their lives around. I know I have been there. Wish I could leave. If someone does do good for themselves they r jealous and want to talk about. them and if they have had problems they never forgive . I would never recommend this place to anyone. Those who do the most talking jave skeletons in their closets as well but can never admit it. I never write on here anymore but I had to do this time because you hit the nail on the head . Wish there were more people like u here in cc.
what tha

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2012
In on wrote:
Okeedokie. You are correct. I have lived in a lot of places but none do bad as carter county . This bible belt is a cover up . They never forgive people even if they do turn their lives around. I know I have been there. Wish I could leave. If someone does do good for themselves they r jealous and want to talk about. them and if they have had problems they never forgive . I would never recommend this place to anyone. Those who do the most talking jave skeletons in their closets as well but can never admit it. I never write on here anymore but I had to do this time because you hit the nail on the head . Wish there were more people like u here in cc.
YOU COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!!!!
Youth

Winnsboro, SC

#19 Nov 6, 2012
Gossip little busy bodies need to mind there own . code of ethics is how u conduct your business or represent yourself. Our sheriff works for a community that endorses re abilitation . So if she did in the past . That is the past. Isnt that the entire reason for our justice system. You do wrong and then u pay the price . Its not like our sheriff is on probation . He can mingle with who he pleases. Just as long its legal mingleing....hahaha!
Knows

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Nov 6, 2012
In on wrote:
But how can that be, these are good church-going folk around here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it right to let a dog poop in someone's yard... 1 hr red 1
Confederate 'Peckerwood Pride' Parade in Elizab... 1 hr ben e king 7
Joe Holsclaw cop 7 hr Sabersix6 11
Woman that walks thru town. 12 hr mary1979 27
shoppes on hudson 15 hr olman 8
can u buy fireworks with foodstamps? Mon Jerry T 1
Old and outdated Topic subjects Mon Covered Bridge 15 1
More from around the web

Elizabethton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE