First Prev
of 5
Next Last
toby

Johnson City, TN

#1 Nov 27, 2011
I want to see what people think of resident place on 19E,,It has a big sign next to highway that says devils inn,,I think it is awful and not a good thing for a teen agers to see,,What are they trying to prove??Alot of people dont like it,,but how do we stop it,,,
cold times

Kingsport, TN

#2 Nov 27, 2011
You cant, that's the sad part. Nothing can be done, not by the state anyway.
I've noticed Valley Forge has become a rough little area lately.
ghostman

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2011
The guy is a weirdo and wants to be seen and thats the eay he does it and to do that next. To two churchs aweful
Sunny D

Lenoir City, TN

#4 Nov 27, 2011
My husband and I drove past it this morning and it turned my stomach! At night the guy has it lit up so people can see it to. He is clealy not right in the head!!!!! He calls his cars devil rides and on the sign it does say devils inn rules closed until judgement day. I think it says some other stuff on the sign to thats all I could make out as we were driving by. SICK!!!!!
durrr

Nashville, TN

#5 Nov 27, 2011
He wants attention so best thing to do is not give it to him and ignore it. By the way I live in Valley Forge and not sure what was meant by it becoming a rough area..lol
polly

Johnson City, TN

#6 Nov 27, 2011
what happened to raven vines and steve scott? I thought they would get married.Raven thought every one wanted her.Poor Steve.What happened to Robin? I thought they get marrried.
Music-And-TV

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Nov 27, 2011
It's a sad sight to see that horrid sign of red lights and that some people have beliefs such as that. Teens seeing that devilish sign isn't any worse than the garbage so called music some of them listen to and also what they watch on network television.
Demonic hints and suggestions are almost everywhere you turn these days.
Forger

Nashville, TN

#8 Nov 29, 2011
From what I've seen it is nothing to worry about. Like someone said before, he likes attention. As for Valley Forge becoming a ruff place, I have yet to see it and I've lived here all my life.
Hill1

Johnson City, TN

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Why is someone on here talking about Raven ! Thank god she didn't marry Steve . He got on drugs and just about ruined his parents life !! "Purr" stop trying to start things on this forum . You are prob one of those VF gossiping women that like to start forums about everyone. Take a good long look in the mirror your as fake as they come.
Hill1

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 29, 2011
I meant Polly not purr
cc r us

Kingsport, TN

#11 Nov 29, 2011
Forger wrote:
From what I've seen it is nothing to worry about. Like someone said before, he likes attention. As for Valley Forge becoming a ruff place, I have yet to see it and I've lived here all my life.
Did you forget the teenage drive by shooting in the Jenkins Hollow area less than a year ago? Not to mention, the paper is always reporting crimes in Long Hollow, Mill Pond, and that's not a large area.
Some beautiful churches and some wonderful people live in that community, but I'm concerned with some of the things going on around the place I've always called home myself. From the four lane to the back hollows, in my opinion....it's drawing in some scary thugs.
Forger

Nashville, TN

#12 Dec 1, 2011
cc r us wrote:
<quoted text> Did you forget the teenage drive by shooting in the Jenkins Hollow area less than a year ago? Not to mention, the paper is always reporting crimes in Long Hollow, Mill Pond, and that's not a large area.
Some beautiful churches and some wonderful people live in that community, but I'm concerned with some of the things going on around the place I've always called home myself. From the four lane to the back hollows, in my opinion....it's drawing in some scary thugs.
Haven't forgot the murder at the now torn down market a few years back. Look around at the areas around us. In perspective the world is going to hell in a handbag. Hampton is much worse off than VF. Stoney Creek is nothing to brag about. VF is not perfect but there are worse places in CC to live. Click on the "Crime" link to the left and check out Elizabethton!!!
Angelsamongus

Cookeville, TN

#13 Dec 1, 2011
You know, maybe I'm weird. I go to church all the time and I believe in the Lord 1000%, but I looked at that sign as a warning that hell would be waiting for some come judgement, and the cars as the way to get there fast. By that, i.e. drunk drivers, drug dealers and speeders. There are two ways of looking at it. I pulled over and looked at it because of what people were saying. Right smack dab in front of the sign. I took it to represent hell as the devil's inn, which it is. So, I guess he lost out with me, trying to stir me up. I took the message differently. But then, I try to find good in everything. Think I'll take another trip up there and read again. Oh, by my name, I believe there are angels among us and sometimes, they are called friends, but I am not claiming to be an angel, though it would be easier than living in this world, wouldn't you think?
thinker

Kingsport, TN

#14 Dec 1, 2011
Angelsamongus wrote:
You know, maybe I'm weird. I go to church all the time and I believe in the Lord 1000%, but I looked at that sign as a warning that hell would be waiting for some come judgement, and the cars as the way to get there fast. By that, i.e. drunk drivers, drug dealers and speeders. There are two ways of looking at it. I pulled over and looked at it because of what people were saying. Right smack dab in front of the sign. I took it to represent hell as the devil's inn, which it is. So, I guess he lost out with me, trying to stir me up. I took the message differently. But then, I try to find good in everything. Think I'll take another trip up there and read again. Oh, by my name, I believe there are angels among us and sometimes, they are called friends, but I am not claiming to be an angel, though it would be easier than living in this world, wouldn't you think?
The sign does get you to thinking.That is a positive side of it .
Almost

Lenoir City, TN

#15 Dec 1, 2011
Angelsamongus wrote:
Nothing wrong with being positive, but you have to read the ENTIRE sign and understand "hell" biblically. First, the entire sign reads "The devil's inn, closed til judgement day. Satan, satan, hear my plea. Satan, satan come to me." Even if you put a positive spin on the first part, he is obviously asking satan for something. Secondly, hell is NOT the devil's inn. He's never been there, he doesn't rule it and he never will. It was created by God solely as a place of punishment for satan. It was never even intended for us, but if we reject God, then we are following satan, and therefore, following him into his punishment. Satan will not be on a throne with pitchforks poking people back into the fire. He will be IN the fire, experiencing the agonizing, horrible torture that he has earned. His only hope is that he can lure as many of us into the fire with him. He does this with empty promises and temptations. He is called the "Father of Lies" for a reason. Worshiping or admiring satan gains you nothing other than a seat beside him in the lake of fire. NOT as a helper or demon ruling hell along side him. If people could get past the myth that satan rules hell, a lot of eyes would be opened.
rightwinger

Johnson City, TN

#16 Dec 1, 2011
SAD SIGHT I SURE HOPE THIS GUY GETS THINGS RIGHT WITH GOD ,WHEN THE devil GETS THRU WITH HIM HE'LL KILL HIM satans JOB IS TO KILL STEAL AND DESTROY.THIS GUY DEFINATELY NEEDS PRAYER,ITS SO SAD TO SEE ANYONE SO DECIEVED
angelsamongus

Cookeville, TN

#17 Dec 1, 2011
Almost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with being positive, but you have to read the ENTIRE sign and understand "hell" biblically. First, the entire sign reads "The devil's inn, closed til judgement day. Satan, satan, hear my plea. Satan, satan come to me." Even if you put a positive spin on the first part, he is obviously asking satan for something. Secondly, hell is NOT the devil's inn. He's never been there, he doesn't rule it and he never will. It was created by God solely as a place of punishment for satan. It was never even intended for us, but if we reject God, then we are following satan, and therefore, following him into his punishment. Satan will not be on a throne with pitchforks poking people back into the fire. He will be IN the fire, experiencing the agonizing, horrible torture that he has earned. His only hope is that he can lure as many of us into the fire with him. He does this with empty promises and temptations. He is called the "Father of Lies" for a reason. Worshiping or admiring satan gains you nothing other than a seat beside him in the lake of fire. NOT as a helper or demon ruling hell along side him. If people could get past the myth that satan rules hell, a lot of eyes would be opened.
I apologise profusely. I didn't read the whole sign. And you are right, satan will be cast into the lake of fire, along with his followers. Thank you for the blood of Jesus Christ, so that we all have a chance. And, God forbid, I hope it's not too late for this person, but I have my doubts. I WILL pray for him, and just have faith. I don't want to see anyone go to hell. Thank you for setting me straight about the sign.
cc r us

Kingsport, TN

#18 Dec 1, 2011
Forger wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't forgot the murder at the now torn down market a few years back. Look around at the areas around us. In perspective the world is going to hell in a handbag. Hampton is much worse off than VF. Stoney Creek is nothing to brag about. VF is not perfect but there are worse places in CC to live. Click on the "Crime" link to the left and check out Elizabethton!!!
I'm not denying that crime is bad in this county. You can find the most troubling people anywhere. I agree the areas of Hampton, Stoney Creek, and Elizabethton have problems...no doubt. Although, this is a small area to have, this much trouble, in such a short period. VF doesn't compare to the size of Elizabethon.... by no means. Hey, this is the area I reside myself and have all my life.
I wouldn't feel anymore safe walking on the top of Buck Mnt. in the middle of the night, as I would, some of these areas in this small community. This is sad, because I never thought I would say that about the forge.
Times have changed, that's very apparent, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade....when it's right in front of your eyes. I wish this area the best, and I will probably never leave the Forge, but I just hope somethings gets worked out and things gets cleaned up on all sides of the fence.
Almost

Lenoir City, TN

#19 Dec 2, 2011
angelsamongus wrote:
<quoted text> I apologise profusely. I didn't read the whole sign. And you are right, satan will be cast into the lake of fire, along with his followers. Thank you for the blood of Jesus Christ, so that we all have a chance. And, God forbid, I hope it's not too late for this person, but I have my doubts. I WILL pray for him, and just have faith. I don't want to see anyone go to hell. Thank you for setting me straight about the sign.
No. It's fine. It's great to look for the best in people. I don't know the gentleman at all. However, I have heard he is actually a very nice guy who may have some other things going on. I even heard that he can quote some Bible verses and has "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" on one side of his car. But he is obviously confused or reaching out about something. I have been praying about witnessing to him myself without being critical. It's possible that he has some psychiatric disabality as well. The main thing is that we just pray for him.
Just saying

Cleveland, TN

#20 Dec 2, 2011
I drive by this and you know what I think not a thing. This person is entiltled to his beliefs and should not be labled with mental issues just because he doesn't believe as you or I. Is this not judging? I don't think its our job to judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many people in Carter County have had thing... (Sep '16) 2 hr Business 6
Hometown heros! 14 hr Home hero 2
Shirley's 17 hr Yep 5
Old Textile Mills, North American, Bemberg (Jan '10) 20 hr Big John 73
Anyone know Chris Shockley? Thu Concerned 3
Is Terri Musil a informant now? Thu pervxsherr 4
Memorial Funeral Home gave wrong cremated remai... (Jul '12) Thu Jenett 30

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance