First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Deacon

Kingsport, TN

#1 Jul 4, 2011
Has anybody been cheated by them lately ?I've been buying HD & HB from them ever since Doran had the store beside Nick Carter's furn. store & Richard & his brother Pete did the cooking.I was overcharged the last 2 times I was there.(W. Elk store)I've had friends & family members tell me they have been cheated.They have lost me as a customer.Been patronizing them for over 50 yrs.No more.
positive polly

Hermitage, TN

#2 Jul 4, 2011
I hate to hear that. I have always liked them. I try to support "mom & pops" over chains.
sallysue

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jul 4, 2011
love their food
One who knows

Piney Flats, TN

#4 Jul 4, 2011
Well, duh! Here's a novel idea....count your change before you leave! If you were cheated out of money then it was your own fault!
chicken

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jul 5, 2011
I always check my change. I have had the dollar store short change me and mcdonalds. You can bet your butt I will sit and wait for them to count their drawer out if need be. I work hard for my money and no ones ripping me off. Just sayin....5
Deacon

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jul 5, 2011
3 big cheif hb @ 1.69 & 2 sm.hb @.80 = 11.49.bullshit.I called them when i got home & they said i must have forgot to add the tax.bullshit.
chicken

Johnson City, TN

#7 Jul 5, 2011
Try and catch it before you leave that way they can't deny it.

That is bull, tax ain't that much! Its high but not that high.....
LOL

Antioch, TN

#8 Jul 8, 2011
The food there is really expensive. During Sammons 60th anniversary celebration they sold the hotdogs for 60 cents...and still made a profit. Besides, the customer is the only one who gets cheated try talking to the employees. LOL there have been forums on here about Sammons and you wouldn't believe the number of previous and current employees that come out of the wood work to say their part.
not amused

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jul 12, 2011
They'll cut corners at any cost....believe me!
hot dog holly r

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 13, 2011
I use to work there and me and the manager had a game we loved to play. Hide the weiner, I would put hot dogs in his pooper and he would put em in my snatch and we would serve em up to you and laugh like kids about it. So do you want some chili sauce with that? we peed in it too
john paul

United States

#11 Jul 18, 2011
theirs a queer works at the one on 4lane that rips you off
Birdie

Elgin, TX

#12 Jul 19, 2011
Deacon wrote:
3 big cheif hb @ 1.69 & 2 sm.hb @.80 = 11.49.bullshit.I called them when i got home & they said i must have forgot to add the tax.bullshit.
If you got all the way home before you realized that wasn't right, you deserve to get ripped off.
JMO

Piney Flats, TN

#13 Jul 19, 2011
Ya know, Hot Dog Holly R....I sure hope the Owners of Sammoms petitions Topix and finds out who you are. Whether this is true or not, what you have said is disgusting and I hope they sue you for all you are worth!
Independent

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Jul 20, 2011
Sammons hot dogs has gone WAY down hill the last several years. I don't like em any more. J's is a lot better and cheaper.

Heck, almost anyone's dogs are better.
Nina

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jul 22, 2011
john paul wrote:
Is his last name Blevins ?
buster

United States

#16 Jul 22, 2011
One of my friends used to work at Sammons. She said that when the hotdogs went bad and got all slimy, the boss would tell them to make corndogs out of them. This was a long time ago and I don't know if that's still what they do, but it's something to think about next time you're waiting at the window.

Their fries are awesome though.
yuck

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jul 24, 2011
these are the nastiest hot dogs I have ever had
facedown

United States

#18 Jul 24, 2011
john paul wrote:
How do you know he's gay? Personal experience?
Betsy Blogger

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Jul 24, 2011
I have had better hot dogs !
yuck

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Jul 25, 2011
you mean puke dogs, don't you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PING TEST vs SUBOXONE (Jan '13) 29 min lizziemae 6
day never came 1 hr Charlene 6
Scott Oliver 3 hr Rebel1990 3
The truth hurts 7 hr EHSparent 4
Carter County Youth Basketball (Nov '11) 23 hr SPUD 316
Anyone know Scott Rasnick?? Dec 24 Idunno 2
Review: Sammons Hot Dogs Dec 23 lazsisdaz 11
Elizabethton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web