First Prev
of 4
Next Last
elizcitizen

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Aug 19, 2011
Sometimes I see cars of young people parked together in bunches late in the evening by the Ingles parking lot and/or the EHS parking lot. What are they doing? Just wondering.
The Fonz

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Aug 19, 2011
elizcitizen wrote:
Sometimes I see cars of young people parked together in bunches late in the evening by the Ingles parking lot and/or the EHS parking lot. What are they doing? Just wondering.
Just informally hanging out - being cool! Not causing any troubles or problems for anyone anywhere.

... would you rather they be out vandalizing or creating mischief?

.. stop by sometime and join in. They're cool!
metoo

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 20, 2011
The Fonz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just informally hanging out - being cool! Not causing any troubles or problems for anyone anywhere.
.. stop by sometime and join in. They're cool!
Dang fonz......got a little defensive there did you not? any particular reason?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 20, 2011
Probably because they were referred to as a "gang" in the header?
elizcitizen

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Aug 20, 2011
I called them a "gang" in the header because that's what they call themselves - an EHS student told me. Also, it's what they have named their facebook page - an EHS student also told me. It wasn't meant to be a derogatory label.
Elmer Gantry

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 20, 2011
Loafing and socializing --- during the days when Broad Street still had the traffic islands down the middle of the street and gasoline was much less expensive, you would see many more streams of teenagers endlessly "crusing" and parking with friends at various Broad Street locations.
Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 20, 2011
metoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang fonz......got a little defensive there did you not? any particular reason?
I read NOT the least bit of defensiveness in his remarks; just explanation. And I must agree with what he says; wholeheartedly. There are some very good youths about versus the troublemakers who sneak about.
Yahooo

Ringgold, GA

#8 Aug 20, 2011
elizcitizen wrote:
I was wondering about them to so I took a picture. Anybody you recognize?

http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 20, 2011
Yahooo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering about them to so I took a picture. Anybody you recognize?
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
What a bunch of LONG-TAILED ROGUES. I loved it.:):) Thanks for sharing. I bet they could make haste and waste in a real gang situation.
ingles shopper

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Aug 20, 2011
"Just informally hanging out - being cool! Not causing any troubles or problems for anyone anywhere.
.. stop by sometime and join in. They're cool!"

Okay. So it must be just a coincidence that when a police car cruises in the parking lot while they are there all the teenagers and their cars scatter and leave. Lol
just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#11 Aug 20, 2011
ingles shopper wrote:
"Just informally hanging out - being cool! Not causing any troubles or problems for anyone anywhere.
.. stop by sometime and join in. They're cool!"
Okay. So it must be just a coincidence that when a police car cruises in the parking lot while they are there all the teenagers and their cars scatter and leave. Lol
Unless things have changed over the years (this is Carter County, nothing ever changes) they all leave because the police car cruising in the lot is on his way to run them off.
adult time

Kingsport, TN

#12 Aug 20, 2011
WTH...Gangs a**. No real gang will ever hang out in a parking lot. Troubled kids or bored kids, maybe, but no gang.
Gangs don't cruise or hang out in parking lots..lol.
80s girl

Madison, TN

#13 Aug 20, 2011
Elmer Gantry wrote:
Loafing and socializing --- during the days when Broad Street still had the traffic islands down the middle of the street and gasoline was much less expensive, you would see many more streams of teenagers endlessly "crusing" and parking with friends at various Broad Street locations.
I miss those days!!!!
80s girl

Madison, TN

#14 Aug 20, 2011
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless things have changed over the years (this is Carter County, nothing ever changes) they all leave because the police car cruising in the lot is on his way to run them off.
You are absolutely right!
alive in CC

Kingsport, TN

#15 Aug 20, 2011
80s girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss those days!!!!
Me too! My teen years the "place" was the whites parking lot. Although, I remember it was McDonald's parking lot before I turned 16.
I never remember any problems, a fist fight once in a blue moon, but usually just a place to see and be seen.
Life, how it takes a zip into another direction after those cruising days.
Do you remember the AMC cruising? I would sneak and drive over there, because mom was a little strict..lol. With children of my own now....I realize why she was.
What If

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Aug 20, 2011
Elmer Gantry wrote:
I remember those days well, myself. I learned how to drive cruising Broad Street. My boyfriend had a 340 Plymouth Duster with white racing stripes. What a trip down memory lane...
Rose

Johnson City, TN

#17 Aug 20, 2011
I hung out at the Blue Circle under the covered shed, to the far end in a 1947 green chevy business coup.
Top songs--My friend the Witch Doctor---Green Door-At the Hop--Teen Angle--and Hot Rod Lincoln,,many more good songs.
Hamlet

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Aug 20, 2011
Quoted from the Fonz,
"Just informally hanging out - being cool! Not causing any troubles or problems for anyone anywhere."

I agree with you, metoo.

Me thinks the Fonz doth protest too much. Lol
Thankful

Union City, TN

#19 Sep 5, 2011
I recently was being harassed by someone at the car wash near ingles and thanks to several of the people hanging out at ingles who came up there to see what was going on something that could have been a bad situation was quietly resolved. The person harassing me got spooked by the number of people that was pulling up and he left. I am not bothered by the fact these people hang out in groups in town I am thankful.
Talk to Ingles

Pulaski, TN

#20 Sep 5, 2011
For those of you who have somewhat already started to bash the police and I'm sure there will be more , you should talk to the manager of Ingles before you blame EPD for "running them off" ... It is requested that they leave by the manager or employees at night due to vandalism that HAS occured and apparently some customers feeling uneasy coming out of the store at night because there are so many people hanging out. I personally don't see a problem with it, nor do most of the officers, however they have to do their job just like the rest of us so if it's requested to have someone removed from private property, they have no choice :/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabethton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are there so many homosexuals on this forum? 1 hr litenin 3
The good old days.... 1 hr litenin 12
Know it all 2 hr Just saying 18
Elizabethton Police Dept. (May '09) 4 hr Haditwithcity 188
Old Textile Mills, North American, Bemberg (Jan '10) 6 hr Bee Bop 71
Is there anywhere in carter county to get beer ... 16 hr Spiked_jimmy 10
Jacob Ollis murder allegations (Jan '12) 20 hr Jake 52

Elizabethton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance