First Newark homicide for 2013 is a shooting death in South Ward

Jan 4, 2013 Full story: The Jersey Journal

NEWARK - The shooting death of a male about 8 p.m. on the 500 block of Hawthorne Avenue in Newark's South Ward marks the city's first homicide of the year, officials from the Essex County Prosecutor's Office said.

Full Story
Newark

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jan 5, 2013
A starte for a new year
Ywain

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 5, 2013
This City needs to ceasefire, this is to close to home, 2 blocks from Mayor Corey Booker 5 houses from me....
Marc_69

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Its crazy i was born n raise there n wow did it change..wat happened to playing n bragaw ave. School playground..we use to play tops n raising pigeons but this generation they to kool..but they killing each other for what n why??
DCCP DYFS Kidnap Children

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jan 18, 2013
RIP beyond sad. i am from newark,irvington,east orange,still violent.i do not get HOW some 1 can shoot and kill your OWN people.beyond frighten and sad over here in U.S.A. happen more per month it seem
thanks to EASY LAW on murder,rape. this is why.any 1 who do this should simply be as in other smart countries,after being found GUILTY DEATH ROW,behead, and or stoned,anything else will NOT deter the guy who kill this poor victim....adios.
glad i move to a nicer section of Elizabeth NJ now.
near residential borderline of quiet Linden/Roselle area.way better than newark.anyday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559
Possible Coyote Sighting Sat linsabode 2
Friends Sat Jack 2
Any gay teens in bergen county nj? (May '14) Dec 17 El dominicano 7
Diabetic Foot Care Dec 16 William Walker 1
Let all Religions of the world come together.... Dec 16 peace on earth 1
'A Seussified Christmas Carol' at the Union Cou... Dec 16 marie 1

Elizabeth News Video

Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match