Elizabeth police open fire while resp...

Elizabeth police open fire while responding to "disturbance"

There are 9 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from Sep 24, 2010, titled Elizabeth police open fire while responding to "disturbance". In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

The Union County Prosecutor's Office is investigating an Elizabeth incident that caused police officers to open fire tonight on Vine Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

kimbyluvspups

Lavallette, NJ

#1 Sep 25, 2010
I was there during the gunfire on vine street,I had just returned from work to police with guns out,then more and,more police ,i knew something was wrong when i saw EPD coming in with shields and telling everyone to get in the house.my poor superintendent got hit on the back of the head,buy the robbers and all i heard was his screaming,where is my son!!!The young couple has a young boy and the concern was that that he Pd was going in the building with guns drawn and he wanted his son out of the building first,That's how horrible accidents happen and innocent people get caught in the crossfire,Thank god the boy is ok and my super had to be taken in for stitches in the back of his head,he was lucky this time,also thank GOD the Elizabeth pd,responded as fast as they did or I am sure there would be more dead.I don't know who it was that passed in the ambulance but it was the result of a gunshot to the head,this was a good neighborhood and over the years things have been changing ,years ago they did back-round checks to get in these apartments,now they rent to anyone who has the money,and now look at the result,i look out my window and there is a crime scene yellow tape around our apt,There are mostly good people that have lived for a long time,alot have small kids,this is unacceptable,our kids need to feel safe,We do not live in the projects although it seems more like the Elmora section is going downhill everyday,well mayor Bollwage...do something to protect us instead of building new bridges!! This was never like this 15 -20 years ago We have a great park right across the street where most of us walk our dogs,now what !!??Will we be to afraid to go outside? something needs to be done!!!
pollie126

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2010
kimbyluvspups wrote:
I was there during the gunfire on vine street,I had just returned from work to police with guns out,then more and,more police ,i knew something was wrong when i saw EPD coming in with shields and telling everyone to get in the house.my poor superintendent got hit on the back of the head,buy the robbers and all i heard was his screaming,where is my son!!!The young couple has a young boy and the concern was that that he Pd was going in the building with guns drawn and he wanted his son out of the building first,That's how horrible accidents happen and innocent people get caught in the crossfire,Thank god the boy is ok and my super had to be taken in for stitches in the back of his head,he was lucky this time,also thank GOD the Elizabeth pd,responded as fast as they did or I am sure there would be more dead.I don't know who it was that passed in the ambulance but it was the result of a gunshot to the head,this was a good neighborhood and over the years things have been changing ,years ago they did back-round checks to get in these apartments,now they rent to anyone who has the money,and now look at the result,i look out my window and there is a crime scene yellow tape around our apt,There are mostly good people that have lived for a long time,alot have small kids,this is unacceptable,our kids need to feel safe,We do not live in the projects although it seems more like the Elmora section is going downhill everyday,well mayor Bollwage...do something to protect us instead of building new bridges!! This was never like this 15 -20 years ago We have a great park right across the street where most of us walk our dogs,now what !!??Will we be to afraid to go outside? something needs to be done!!!
I live here also in the front. This is my childhood neighborhood and I even went to Lincoln school. This area has a lot of memories for me and it's a shame how its getting. I'm going back 60 years and I have a myriad of memories. Things like this are happening everywhere but this is way too close to home. I agree with everything you posted.
sniffleznpunkie

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#3 Sep 25, 2010
I know the one person they brought into the EMT was the shooter. It was over drugs because the building they were in is "hot" for "leaky leak" aka angel dust. My friend had her daughter inside also and this is becoming a huge problem. I lived in Elizabeth my whole entire life (down the port) and it was just 2 months ago that i had moved back into Elmora. I couldnt believe what had happened. I thank God that everyone was safe and that I had a gut instinct to get inside with my kids asap. There was a creepy guy in a green tshirt walking up and down from Clover up to that building. He passed me 2 many times I knew I had to get up and leave. Im glad the police responded when they did. This was terrifying to watch and think of all the kids in the neighborhood. Caught a bad case of PTSS from my days living in the Port. Im moving to the country!! lol
sniffleznpunkie

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Oh and by the way- from what I understand is they wanted to shoot the landlord for his money and shoot at a drug dealer, but they caught the one suspect he was shot and was found with an Uzi.
Walkalone

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2010
All you people commenting on what happend don't know to much of anything the entire thing was unprovoked and unwarranted nobody knew the dudes or had any dealings with them either let's just be happy no one was seriously injured and that the 4 man party is where they need to be but as far as to speculate into why it happend let's just leave that to the police that's what they get paid for if you were a nice person to the people in your neighborhood then continue to be so these were outsiders that came in to cause friction and because of EPD's good response time they were apprehended!!!
lives in the real world

Union, NJ

#6 Sep 26, 2010
First and foremost thank God that none of the victims lost there life these people with all of the negative energy sound like some haters an its a lot of stool pigeons n that building yes drug dealing is illegal but drugs sell themselves help people that need jobs put the same energy u put out n2 being negative 2 be positive n ya neighborhood and rember if u r 30plus u should b a homeowner so I'm sure you'll were already miserable b4 this took place n your building Very Sad so called Adults an u have kid's get a house then kids lmao
lives in the bubble

Seaside Park, NJ

#7 Sep 26, 2010
homeowners are cool....
[email protected] pigeons....
EPD good job finally....
Rich

Atlanta, GA

#8 Sep 27, 2010
Time to move people..
BIG BROTHER

Ambler, PA

#9 Oct 5, 2010
lives in the real world wrote:
First and foremost thank God that none of the victims lost there life these people with all of the negative energy sound like some haters an its a lot of stool pigeons n that building yes drug dealing is illegal but drugs sell themselves help people that need jobs put the same energy u put out n2 being negative 2 be positive n ya neighborhood and rember if u r 30plus u should b a homeowner so I'm sure you'll were already miserable b4 this took place n your building Very Sad so called Adults an u have kid's get a house then kids lmao
IF U DNT KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT SHUT THE HELL UP B4 YOU ARE IN THE SAME PLACE BITCH *5

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 53 min New york 20,648
News Grammy winner Mario Winans pleads guilty in inc... 11 hr Ryles 1
Pimps are slave owners right now still in Thu Mini mouse 2
Union County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Sep 28 Ellie 2
SECTION 8..UNFAIR for the working class (Oct '09) Sep 27 Ann kukelski 30
News Rahami called 'friendly,' but he changed after ... Sep 22 Mark 22
Muslims coming into this country must be screened. Sep 21 Mark 3

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages