Bill would let N.J. police search cel...

Bill would let N.J. police search cellphones

There are 1 comment on the Courier-Post story from Jun 10, 2013, titled Bill would let N.J. police search cellphones. In it, Courier-Post reports that:

Police in New Jersey might be allowed to search cellphones without a warrant after a motor vehicle crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier-Post.

sheepleloveroya lty

Pottstown, PA

#1 Jun 11, 2013
This is one of those give them an inch they WILL take a mile scnerios. I can't stand distracted drivers but I also cannot stand the slippery slope of slowly and incrementaly giving away rights. This will set a very dangerous precedent to warrantless searches.

More than likely a distracted driver will cause an accident anyway so they will be charged with insurance responsibility and possibly points by the police as is.

But any law giving the police the ability to perform a warrantless search set a very dangerous precedent and should be avoided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ding-Ding! 'Don King Way' may become permanent ... 54 min Go Blue Forever 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr New york 20,648
News Grammy winner Mario Winans pleads guilty in inc... 21 hr Ryles 1
Pimps are slave owners right now still in Thu Mini mouse 2
Union County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests Records Sep 28 Ellie 2
SECTION 8..UNFAIR for the working class (Oct '09) Sep 27 Ann kukelski 30
News Rahami called 'friendly,' but he changed after ... Sep 22 Mark 22

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages