Report: Appointment By Newark Mayor, Allies Leads To Melee In City Council Chambers

Nov 20, 2012 Full story: CBS Local

An appointment to a vacant City Council seat in Newark, N.J., led to a melee in council chambers that prompted police to use pepper spray on some spectators, according to a published report.

Full Story
ruth

Bronx, NY

#1 Nov 21, 2012
This was not caused by the unruly crowd. This was caused because Mayor Booker refused to allow the Council to raise the issue of a Newark Council resolution that said all vacant seats should be filled by the next highest vote getter in the previous municiple election. By not allowing any discussion on this issue he disenfranschised 5000 Newark voters who had voted for the second runner up in the the previous election. People were outraged becasue of his trampling on Democracy and discounting their votes.

Cory could not accept the fact the second runner up was John James so he decided the hell with 5000 voters I will do what I want to do.
The resoultion was passed by the previous council to ensure that what Mayor Booker did would not happen in Newark. Instead of politics and shady deals filling a vacant seat the votes of the people would do so.

THe fact john James was the second runner up was irrelevent. Mayor Booker decided since it was John James the votesrs be dammed and by his act of placing one vote for his person he disenfrancised 5000 Newark voters.
Mayor Booker said what he did was legal. Well the Germans killed Jews becasue they said it was legal but it was immoral and it was wrong. Blacks were denied the right to vote in many states and it was legal but it was immoral and wrong. What mayor Booker did was not slick politics. It was immoral and wrong. As a Democrat I was going o vote for him when he ran for office. I thought he was a new kind of politicain. But no more. I will be voting for Chris Cristy for GOvernor. At least with him what you see is what you get. I hope many blacks in Newark will consider doing the same. Cory Booker has disrespected the voters and disenfrancished you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri FOX knews 19,466
Community Solar Park Begins Producing Power In ... Nov 17 DanM_in_Newark_DE 1
Hey Thieves the 428 Chestnut St apartment buld... Nov 15 yo-bro 2
How Many People Got Kilt In The Hurricane (Aug '11) Nov 13 Redneck 4
Immigrant families torn by detentions Nov 12 Dee Dee Dee 22
Bayonne man charged with beating woman; smashin... Nov 12 Frances Barbosa 6
Union NJ BOE Counseling Dept chooses College D... Nov 11 Nana 1

Elizabeth News Video

Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match

Elizabeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabeth News, Events & Info