Excessive spending may be part of HRS...

Excessive spending may be part of HRSD's water billing problem

There are 28 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Mar 19, 2008, titled Excessive spending may be part of HRSD's water billing problem. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Filed by Lori Crouch Excessive spending may be part of HRSD's water billing problem Posted: Updated: Airline tickets, hotels, rental cars, all adding up to thousands of dollars in cash may be part of the cost ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Diddy

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Apr 8, 2008
Seeker of the Truth wrote:
If Wavy TV 10 is really on the HRSD rate payers side, and is concerned about expenses; look at the new general managers expenses. Its amazing what you can learn.
Seeker, you sound like you are conspiracy theorist...either that or you like throwing rocks at bee hives to see what happens. In either case, you don't have any clue what you are doing or talking about. Kinda hard looking from the outside in, eh?
red

Norfolk, VA

#22 May 8, 2008
Diddy, Did you have hundreds of dollars in something you did not use or consume billed to you? If not then why are you even posting here?
As far as im concerned you do work for HRSD and you are monitoring these post.And from your responses sounds like you have a quilty contious.
red

Norfolk, VA

#23 May 8, 2008
and if HRSD got a 52 million dollar grant at the beggining of 2008 then why is the public paying for this new billing system?
Diddy

United States

#24 May 20, 2008
First off Red, I am posting on here because I actually did get a very high bill. But using a little common sense after knowing full well that I didn't get a bill for about 7 months prior, I knew I had to pay the high amount because I didn't pay anything previous to that bill for that extended period of time.

As far as working for HRSD, I had no clue what HRSD did until this whole news story cropped up. But after doing due diligence (something you should do), I was able to see the good that HRSD does for this region. No 'quilty contious'(guilty concience) here just a need to tell what is right.

Lastly, you mentioned a $52 million dollar grant...again, please state something you actually have knowledge on. If you look on HRSD's website, you'll notice that there are huge projects that need to be completed to not only comply with regulatory agencies but also to help the environment. Having a construction background, I know that $52 million dollars is barely enough to fund a treatment plant upgrade let alone probabably the hundreds of infrastructure projects that need to be done to the region's piping system. But why do you care, right? You just flush the toilet and believe your crap goes to never never land or some other imaginary place where our you don't have to worry about it.

“government sucks!”

Since: May 08

Bloomfield, NJ

#25 May 20, 2008
What exactly does HRSD do? Never heard of it. Is it some kind of state government program?
Former HRSD Employee

United States

#26 May 24, 2008
It breaks my heart to hear all the bad publicity that HRSD is getting now. Before the changes, HRSD was a proud company, took care of their customers. My opinion, more of the higher up should of and can still be punshished. More and more outsiders are coming in. Back then, it was the cities that wanted in HRSD. I always felt that they would destroy HRSD.. Why wasn't the new GM investigated????Look hard at who is working there now and look back when HRSD was in you thought highly of HRSD.. Think about it...You have the right to protest. Call your Commissioners and protest.....
Matt

Virginia Beach, VA

#27 Jun 10, 2009
Chris Everton wrote:
It's a shame that a company like HRSD, who does tons of stuff to protect the enviroment, help the community, and promote possitive growth, is being thrust into negative publicity. Whatever happened or did not happen, HRSD and the people who work here, would never take advantage of their position. I believe it is all a common case of human error, not deceit.
You have your eyes wide shut, their employees travel more than a circus, they should have to be accountable to the public and have their books scrutinized.
bolus

Virginia Beach, VA

#28 Jun 5, 2014
Why am I getting a monthly bill for $200 a month, instead of the quarterly bill. Could somebody explain it to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Vertelli 21,279
a d d e r a l l , t a r, b l a c k, w e e d, c... Dec 2 Eloko 1
Fight Net Neutrality Nov 29 three blocks 1
Skype Nov 16 Hornyntatted92 1
Any gay teens in bergen county nj? (May '14) Nov '17 Guy1234 11
Fifth Ward Council man (May '06) Sep '17 jfm2015 65
News Fewer refugees getting approval to come to N.J. Aug '17 WTF 1

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages