Hudson immigration rights groups to m...

Hudson immigration rights groups to march to Elizabeth Detention Center

There are 19 comments on the www.nj.com story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Hudson immigration rights groups to march to Elizabeth Detention Center. In it, www.nj.com reports that:

More than 70 people representing 25 groups from across New Jersey plan to mark International Human Rights Day today at noon by marching 6.5 miles from the Federal Immigration Building in Newark to Elizabeth Detention Center .

Tuesday December 9th www.n.j.com Immigrant rights groups march at a detention center demanding immigration reform..

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nj.com.

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#1 Dec 9, 2009
How about the victims their assorted crimes against the citizens of this country?
Dee Dee Dee

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#2 Dec 9, 2009
Be sure to bring a very large flag from your home country to wave while you march and chant in your native tounge. Make sure to loudly demand your rights and demand free health care and education. It is a good time to piss off all of the unemployed and under employed Americans.
Glory

Moreno Valley, CA

#3 Dec 9, 2009
I have no problem with immigrants marching, but I definitely do with illegal aliens marching. What happened to the immigration law requiring them to pledge allegiance to the United States, learn English (read, write, & speak)?
SC redneck

Lexington, SC

#4 Dec 9, 2009
They could march right into the Hudson River . Now there would be a sight to see all of the illegal lovers and illegal in the freezing water LOL

Chicago IL

#5 Dec 9, 2009
Red
Nice weather here for a march -15 with wind chill...Tim
SC redneck

Lexington, SC

#6 Dec 9, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
Red
Nice weather here for a march -15 with wind chill...Tim
83 here man, sure and glad we moved .are you getting a snow storm?

Chicago IL

#7 Dec 9, 2009
SC redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
83 here man, sure and glad we moved .are you getting a snow storm?
In parts of the area any were from 2 to 12 inches. Winds off the lake Michigan ..Still great weather for immigration march.....Tim
SC redneck

Lexington, SC

#8 Dec 10, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
<quoted text>
In parts of the area any were from 2 to 12 inches. Winds off the lake Michigan ..Still great weather for immigration march.....Tim
BRRRR that is cold . Nothing will keepp the protesters form maarching unless y'all have a blizzard. How is the smoking coming along , Tim

Chicago IL

#9 Dec 10, 2009
SC redneck wrote:
<quoted text> BRRRR that is cold . Nothing will keepp the protesters form maarching unless y'all have a blizzard. How is the smoking coming along , Tim
Red
About a half pack a day speeding a lot of time researching new news articles.Working on one now click my image for newer articles.
So cold here some may be looking at other warmer sanctuary citys
..Tim

Chicago IL

#10 Dec 10, 2009
Glory wrote:
I have no problem with immigrants marching, but I definitely do with illegal aliens marching. What happened to the immigration law requiring them to pledge allegiance to the United States, learn English (read, write, & speak)?
Sorry that rarely apply 's some times. Look at the growth of E.S.L programs......Tim
illegal alien

Eatontown, NJ

#11 Dec 11, 2009
to all
the main problem of the U.S.A. economy is that all the big american companies are making the their products in cheap china. thats the real problem your own american companies are causing that now everithing is made in china so, china is your enemy not the inmigrants.
plopsdad

United States

#12 Dec 11, 2009
illegal alien wrote:
to all
the main problem of the U.S.A. economy is that all the big american companies are making the their products in cheap china. thats the real problem your own american companies are causing that now everithing is made in china so, china is your enemy not the inmigrants.
No one said immigrants are the problem, but illegal immigrants add to our problems, dont get the two confused, they are two totally different groups.
Pando

Mohave Valley, AZ

#13 Dec 11, 2009
A couple of choice quotes from the article:

1) The coalition supports a policy that would provide lawful permanent residence for undocumented individuals; fair and dignified treatment of immigrant workers; re-unification of families that have been separated; due process for all; and an end to the detention and deportation of immigrants.~~~~~~~~~

The coalition supports a policy that allows ILLEGAL ALIENS the right to do anything they want in defiance of our laws. Immigrant workers do have rights, they came here legally.
The U.S. already has "due process for all". ALL legal immigrants are welcomed and have fair and dignified treatment. ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS should be deported according to our laws. By the way exactly what is "fair and dignified" about sneaking into another country and stealing from it's citizens?

2) The main purpose for the walk is to show how current broken law has hurt human rights of immigrants and some citizens, and demand fair and humane immigration policy.~~~~~~~~~

To the contrary the U.S. has the fairest and most humane immigration policy on earth -- we allow more legal immigration per year than all other countries combined. The only thing "broken" about our immigration law is that it's not being enforced.

It's not the rights of immigrants they are marching for, it's rights of ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS.

Amazing that criminals think they can change our laws by breaking them. Even more amazing are citizens and politicians that agree with them.
Glory

Moreno Valley, CA

#14 Dec 11, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry that rarely apply 's some times. Look at the growth of E.S.L programs......Tim
It's too bad they don't learn there. Since I am one of the million+ Americans paying for this program I personally would like to see some results..........

Chicago IL

#15 Dec 12, 2009
Glory wrote:
<quoted text>It's too bad they don't learn there. Since I am one of the million+ Americans paying for this program I personally would like to see some results..........
Property taxes in this township went up eight hundred and fifty dollars last quarter..Most on education...Many homes are open here either foreclosed by banks or reposed by Cook County for taxes..
Tim
SC redneck

Lexington, SC

#16 Dec 13, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
<quoted text>
Red
About a half pack a day speeding a lot of time researching new news articles.Working on one now click my image for newer articles.
So cold here some may be looking at other warmer sanctuary citys
..Tim
I hear you there. You do know we are having a cold spell here it is around 45 high which is 20 degrees below normal. Keep up trying to quit the smokes. I did it so anyone can, but it sure is not easy You taste food more and your sense of smell comesback in about 6 months or so
SC redneck

Lexington, SC

#17 Dec 13, 2009
RadicalTim wrote:
<quoted text>
Property taxes in this township went up eight hundred and fifty dollars last quarter..Most on education...Many homes are open here eith er foreclosed by banks or reposed by Cook County for taxes..
Tim
Tim,
Last quarter or last year? A lot of people have moved out of the Chicago area because of the taxes. Same with New York. When we moved it was amazing how the taxes dropped . The increase for htis yr was $25.00 for county Police services

Chicago IL

#18 Dec 13, 2009
Red
Total property tax for last year 4,500 dollars. In part new police station here mufti million dollar.
This school district lines are crosses three other city's. in parts.....Tim
Klaus

Canada

#19 Dec 23, 2009
Filthy vermin!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr anybody Anywhere 21,256
a d d e r a l l , t a r, b l a c k, w e e d, c... Dec 2 Eloko 1
Fight Net Neutrality Nov 29 three blocks 1
News The Menendez mistrial proves that sleazy isn't ... Nov 17 SirPrize 1
Skype Nov 16 Hornyntatted92 1
Big Apple Nov 16 Sol Rosenberg 6
News Menendez jury resumes talks as judge mulls new ... Nov 16 CodeTalker 5

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages