Paterson council considers "state of ...

Paterson council considers "state of emergency" because of city crime

There are 9 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Sep 21, 2012, titled Paterson council considers "state of emergency" because of city crime. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

PATERSON How bad is Paterson 's crime problem? The City Council is considering a resolution that would ask Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#1 Sep 21, 2012
Crime has definitely spiked in Paterson.
jillian

Islip Terrace, NY

#2 Sep 21, 2012
i never saw it this bad!!!
newswatch

Clifton, NJ

#3 Sep 21, 2012
The PEOPLE must rise up and be the eyes and ears for the PD. The local government needs to get all the help it needs even if that means calling the Governor and asking for the National Guard for a few days. The cold blooded killings must stop.
jillian

Islip Terrace, NY

#4 Sep 21, 2012
(local government)sometimes i wonder what Side They're On
Killingstar

Union, NJ

#5 Sep 21, 2012
they need to give the green light and let the death angels clean paterson up until there is no more crime....
ed

New York, NY

#6 Sep 22, 2012
I think it's a good idea Paterson is bad put guards on the street
smh

East Orange, NJ

#7 Sep 22, 2012
Where are all these guns coming from
Why is it so easy for these young ppl to get guns. I'm pretty sure they can end this if they start tracing where these guns are coming from

I don't think they want to end crime in cities like Paterson that's the ugly truth

Notice all the white ppl hanging around begging for change? Theyre not from paterson their towns kick out losers Paterson keeps them and encourages it

This is why you see some towns with no crime because it's not tolerated like in certain cities it's allowed
Killingstar

Union, NJ

#8 Sep 22, 2012
I go for putting guards on the streets and having a curfew until 12:00 midnight and anybody that gets caught outside after 12:00 should get arrested and fined. Point blank
Felis74

East Orange, NJ

#9 Sep 23, 2012
Killingstar wrote:
I go for putting guards on the streets and having a curfew until 12:00 midnight and anybody that gets caught outside after 12:00 should get arrested and fined. Point blank
I feel that your earlier "death angels" comment was over the top, however, I am in agreement with you about the curfew and fines.

I'm also in agreement with an earlier post about tracing the origin point of the guns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr coon dogs 20,695
Donald Trump & Arab GCC Sheikhs differences Nov 29 long island city 2
News My Music: Doo Wop Love Songs (Dec '07) Nov 18 Kid Blast 30
Dysfunctional Indians Nov 16 Anonymous 1
News Beloved street performer Eric 'Uggie' Bowens fa... Nov 12 khalif-herbert-108 1
News With Riverfront Park, Newark reacquaints itself... (Aug '13) Nov 11 Steven Adler 62
News Construction underway for Newark's new Military... (May '13) Nov 11 Tom Waits 41

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages