Most popular president
Posted in the Elizabeth Forum
#1 Feb 23, 2011
The latest poll shows that whoever was included in the poll voted Ronald Reagan as the best president in the United States beginning with George Washington. That poll result is unbelievable. Reagan is worshiped by Republicans as if he were a god, the epitome of conservatism. But consider just what kind of president he was while in office.
(1) While ranting about lowering taxes , he RAISED taxes 11 times as president.“Reagan as an anti-tax zealot is false mythology”, according to the historian Douglas Binkley.
(2) Reagan nearly tripled the federal budget, and the national debt increased to nearly three trillion dollars.
(3) During his presidency, unemployment increased to 10.8 percent after his tax cut (which pleased the millionaires and billionaires). His tax cut went primarily to the wealthy and their income tripled and quadrupled. Meanwhile, the middle class income only increased by 30 percent.
(4) Reagan attempted to privatize Social Security but finally had to bail it out.
(5) Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million illegal invading aliens and helped 3 million people gain American residency. The purpose was to give the wealthy a large supply of cheap labor.
(6) Reagan secretly funneled weapons to officials in Iran as well as Nicaragua.
(7) Reagan vetoed a comprehensive anti-Apartheid act which was overridden by Congress.
(8) Reagan was much in favor of union busting and that was demonstrated by his busting of the air controllers strike.
(9) Countless battles were fought in Congress to stop Reagan from overturning vital pregnancy prevention and maternal health programs that increased the birth of healthy, wanted children. Early in his tenure, he proposed to cut all funding to the Federal Family planning program, which provided free or low cost contraceptives, basic health care and counseling to millions of low-income couples. The program also provided basic health care including screening for breast and cervical cancer among other routine exams that undoubtedly saved countless lives.
On top of his union-busting, the racist-baiting welfare mythology, the Iran-Contra impeachment-deserving LYING, the supporting of nun murdering "freedom fighters," the SOARING national deficit and the AIDS deaths Reagan proudly, in an effort to make his rich buddies richer, even as many sounded an alarm, provided pen to paper to create the savings and loan disaster, the effects of which we are still feeling today.
One of the greatest problems today is uncontrolled exponential population growth of the human species. As the population grows, resources are reduced per person that makes labor for the wealthy become cheaper and cheaper. So this is the legacy of Ronald Reagan, voted the most popular president of the United States. It is beyond sad. The whole Reagan presidency is totally disgusting beyond the pale. There is only one president worse than Ronald Reagan, and that is George W. Bush.
Add your comments below
|Looking for a jason troy (Jul '13)||3 hr||hatesdeadbeats||7|
|Groomer Updates||4 hr||Caravan||1|
|Dave and Busters allowed to build in New Jersey||Jul 29||WackAMole||1|
|The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10)||Jul 28||Samuel-7g-Jackson||20,089|
|NPD Compares Mayor To An Ape In Facebook Message||Jul 27||Rebound||1|
|Scott Leahy, 37, Avenel (Jul '07)||Jul 26||Steve_TN||74|
|Review: El Pico De ORO Restaurant||Jul 26||Chulita||1|
Find what you want!
Search Elizabeth Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC