My Music: Doo Wop Love Songs

Nov 30, 2007 Full story: KQED-TV San Francisco 28

Duration: 1:58:53 CC Stereo The 1950s and Doo Wop love songs go hand in hand like two straws and a shake. via KQED-TV San Francisco

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keith Wright

Rock Hill, SC

#21 Feb 7, 2010
Lion Sleeps Tonite, probably one of my all-time favorites and a song I can listen to over and over especially when the female backup singer hits those high notes.

The lady who does the song on Doo-Wop (with the Tokens) is Donna Groom, right? She sounds so good and looks so classy on stage.
Whiz Kid

Edison, NJ

#22 Apr 9, 2010
TJ Lubinsky is doing another PBS show on May 23.2010 in Pittsburgh PA.Announcement will be made in the next couple of weeks.
layout29

Melville, NY

#23 Apr 27, 2010
Kenny Vance and the Planotones' website ( www.planotones.com ) lists this appearance on their 2010 schedule: May 23, Taping PBS Special, Pittsburgh ..... you have to figure TJL is invovled ... anyone have any additional info????
Bill

Boise, ID

#24 Apr 27, 2010
Keith Wright wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonite, probably one of my all-time favorites and a song I can listen to over and over especially when the female backup singer hits those high notes.
The lady who does the song on Doo-Wop (with the Tokens) is Donna Groom, right? She sounds so good and looks so classy on stage.
Yes, Donna Groom is the young lady singing with the Tokens. Isn't she absolutely fabulous !?!
NLS

United States

#25 May 4, 2010
Here's the info on the upcoming taping:
http://wqed.com/support/partner_events.php
BlazerGirl

Florence, SC

#26 Feb 24, 2011
Louie contact me. Phone died and lost all contacts. If you have problems call Gypsy! You know who this is..remember "Lady In Red" and Stinky LOL

Love2U

02/24/2011
Jim Easton

Miami, FL

#27 May 30, 2012
Lou Esposito wrote:
Hi Jim...Yeah, I do know what you mean..Didn't think about that...I remember doing one of the last shows Tony Williams of the Platters ever did, and even though he couldn't hit all the notes of his hits it didn't matter..We all knew we were watching a legend..That was more then good enough...
Lou
was this concert at the orange county convetnion center in Orlando--it was taped by eagle productions nyc--do you havw a copy?

Also do you have DVD --DOO WOP LOVE SONGS LIVE --RITZ THEATER--ELIZABETH--NJ

THANKS--Jeaston999@yahoo.com
Debby Holloway

Hiawatha, KS

#28 Aug 31, 2012
Hi Linda did you ever get an answer to this??? I would be very interested in joining your group. deb@slinkcom.net thanks
Linda Williams wrote:
Does anyone have any information as to whether or not T.J. Lubinsky will be making any more "live" Doo Wop productions for PBS? There's a group of us that travel to different states just to see live Doo Wop shows and to be able to attend one of Lubinsky's productions would be fantastic. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Horrific details emerge in Sayreville football ... 11 hr no moleste el gato 11
Radio Stations in Union County NJ Tue FLIPITYFLOP 1
Immigrant families torn by detentions Oct 20 ronnie 10
Fury is a War Movie That's is War on Culture Oct 20 Culture Auditor 1
Review: Tiger Supplies Inc. (Jan '14) Oct 20 Daniel Garcia 10
Prudential real challenge Oct 19 Mary Anne 3

Elizabeth News Video

Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match

Elizabeth Jobs

Elizabeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE