Boy Scout from Edina, 14, dies on hik...

Boy Scout from Edina, 14, dies on hike in New Mexico

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 25, 2009, titled Boy Scout from Edina, 14, dies on hike in New Mexico. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Fourteen-year-old Timothy Nunn's trip to a "high-adventure" camp in New Mexico should have been one of the peak experiences of his life, as it's been for many a Boy Scout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 09

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jul 25, 2009
Perhaps the high altitude? My sympathies to the family at this tragic loss. Losing a child is the worst experience a parent can go through.
Catcher InTheRye

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 25, 2009
Must have been hot as hell there!
Ursula Gwendolyn Eve

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 25, 2009
I have to comment about the writing style. It is absolutely sophomoric at best. Save the second sentence..... like for E! or another inflated, over-the-top, sensationalized media outlet. Unbelievable.
George Jones

Ada, MN

#5 Jul 26, 2009
My sympathies to the family and friends of Timmy. To lose a child is unthinkable.
human too

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2009
When I was in Scouting years ago, the three weeks spent at Philmont was considered the ultimate summer adventure. Even then, it was very professionally run-- they've been hosting Scouts at Philmont every summer for well over fifty years now.(Back in the 1950s, special passenger trains would be chartered to bring Scouts to Philmont from all over the country.)

Young Mr. Nunn's death is very tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Since: Jul 08

Brooklyn Park

#7 Jul 26, 2009
Rest in peace young man. Our heartfelt sympathy to the family.
Fellow Scouter

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Jul 29, 2009
My Troop complpeted a Trek in June at Philmont. Words cannot describe the beauty of seeing thousands of boys loading their packs on their backs and heading out or the joy of finishing a 50 to 110 mile trek.
This is sad, very sad. What should have been a highlight of a young mans life ends in tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelican Rapids Music Thread (May '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 16
News Forest Lake / Downtown traffic circle opens early (Oct '10) Jul '11 stillwater gal 17
News Forest Lake / Broadway bridge set to come down (May '11) May '11 orlaeho 13
News Forest Lake / Broadway project contractor chosen (Apr '11) Apr '11 Open Mind 8
News Washington County / Board approves bond resolution (Mar '11) Mar '11 Rulers 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4
News Woodbury / Woman accused of tax evasion (Sep '10) Sep '10 WashCoSucks 7

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages