First, she said sorry ... then she ro...

First, she said sorry ... then she robbed the bank

There are 36 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 22, 2008, titled First, she said sorry ... then she robbed the bank. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

At least she apologized in advance. A woman walked into a Brooklyn Center bank, waited her turn in line and after striding up to a teller, handed her a note that read, "Give me all your money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hopeful Outlook

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 22, 2008
well, this is refreshing. We don't see much courtesy amongst the criminal classes anymore. Perhaps a return to civility is begun?

When they catch her, undoubtedly her "please" and "thank you" will serve her well among the other convicts.
Mad Jack

Victoria, MN

#2 Jul 23, 2008
"FBI Special Agent Paul McCabe said that while female bank robbers aren't unheard of in Minnesota (some witnesses placed Bonnie and Clyde at a bank robbery in Okabena in 1933), they are the minority.

"We see normally only one or two female bank robbers a year in the District of Minnesota"

So, there have actually been at least 70 female bank robbers since the '30s and Bonnie gets a mention for possibly being involved?

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 23, 2008
Miss Manners would be so proud...

Since: Apr 08

Currently in MN. Orig. from NJ

#4 Jul 23, 2008
At least she made it easy for the police.

"One-Adam-12 The robber is female. Check the closest mall for the suspect..."

A couple years ago there were the college girls with sunglasses that were robbing banks. One of the first places they went to afterwards was the mall. There was also the girl who robbed banks while talking to her boyfriend on the cell phone.

Those Coach purses are expensive!
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 23, 2008
Hopeful Outlook wrote:
well, this is refreshing. We don't see much courtesy amongst the criminal classes anymore. Perhaps a return to civility is begun?...

That is good news indeed. Perhaps if she robs enough banks, the surly tellers will learn manners from her example.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 23, 2008
Rylyn A wrote:
27-CV-HC-07-7075
Eviction (UD)
Sumner Field Phase II LP vs Kristine Lacy, John Doe and Jane Doe...

Is this the sort of thing anyone can look up, and if so, where?
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jul 23, 2008
Do they realize they will be caught? No one is that desparate!
Phylis

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#12 Jul 23, 2008
Well at least her mom taught her manners.

“Winter”

Since: Mar 08

SLP

#13 Jul 23, 2008
"Sorry" first then robbed the bank?? Does it say any where in the article that she said "sorry" then "give me your money?" NO! Nice to see the PP can keep track of details these days and articulate them properly.
Now we know

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 23, 2008
Why she "needed" to rob the bank. Obviously she has had financial troubles for some time. The eviction hearings from the same complex clearly show she was behind, almost evicted, caught up or made a deal, got behind and almost evicted again- caught up and made a deal, then got almost evicted,missed or reshceduled her court appearance and was then finally evicted. It's not her fault, let's all blame Bush......But give her a break on the class and education judgements. She's only a 22 year old dummy- who knows what they think???
Bill

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jul 23, 2008
Talk about Minnesota Nice.
Joseph Donaldson

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jul 23, 2008
I'm shocked she was able to write a note!
Really

San Pablo, CA

#17 Jul 23, 2008
That is pretty funny though, I know the area, and she literally drove 5 minutes away. What a flippin genius. Now she'll go to jail, for probably 5 years.

Wonder if she had a job....
my goodness

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jul 23, 2008
Gorgeous. And brilliant. Her career is really starting to take off.
Rich lady

Capron, IL

#19 Jul 23, 2008
GLOCK wrote:
Obviously (from the picture and story) a well educated, upper class person who unwittingly fell on hard times and made a mistake!!! I am surprised that someone this smart was caught this quickly, good detective work!!!!
That's the most disturbing thing about this crime spree we've been seeing for, what, 2,000 years -- it is always poor people. Why?

With each wave of ethnic immigration, starting with those grave-robbing gold-hunting pilgrims, the poorest people have been behind a lot of the crime. Be it Italians, or Irish, or Germans, or Cubans, or whatever -- these poor folks are always behind the crimes.

Whatever should we do? It gives me the vapors just thinking about it. I'm going to sit on the Veranda and read Oliver Twist while I try to figure things out.
pride

United States

#21 Jul 23, 2008
dum n
Well well well

Maple Plain, MN

#23 Jul 23, 2008
Robbing banks a bad thing, she is surly troubled and was at wits end, Economy is crushing under the Bush that sprang from hell, Where does the world turn now with these times and the times ahead?

I judge her to be troubled and scared, as many are in the mess that has befallen America.
Laurie

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jul 23, 2008
Don't these robbers watch TV, no disguise, no get away plan, no brain. Everything can be traced. She must have woke up that morning and thought "I don't have an education or job, I rob a bank and then go shopping." I guess she did have a plan.
Sarcasm

United States

#25 Jul 23, 2008
The Cleaner wrote:
Put this women out of her and society's misery!!
She will never amount to anything!!
Should probably off the boyfreind as well!! I am sure he is a real winner.
I'm glad to see someone so well educated can finally see what's going on. Woman like these need to be shipped off with their no-good boyfriend. I bet they can't even handle plurals or mature punctuation!!
Bravo.
When the revolution comes, I'm on you're side.
lrg

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Jul 23, 2008
Well well well wrote:
Robbing banks a bad thing, she is surly troubled and was at wits end, Economy is crushing under the Bush that sprang from hell, Where does the world turn now with these times and the times ahead?
I judge her to be troubled and scared, as many are in the mess that has befallen America.
That's a "sorry' excuse to commit a robbery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pelican Rapids Music Thread (May '12) Feb '16 Musikologist 16
News Forest Lake / Downtown traffic circle opens early (Oct '10) Jul '11 stillwater gal 17
News Forest Lake / Broadway bridge set to come down (May '11) May '11 orlaeho 13
News Forest Lake / Broadway project contractor chosen (Apr '11) Apr '11 Open Mind 8
News Washington County / Board approves bond resolution (Mar '11) Mar '11 Rulers 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DJ 4
News Woodbury / Woman accused of tax evasion (Sep '10) Sep '10 WashCoSucks 7

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth Mortgages