Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling

Jul 23, 2014 Full story: Bellingham Herald 22

Judge Raymond P. Moore's ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed July 1 by six gay couples who asked the court for an injunction ordering that the state's ban no longer be enforced.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not Friendly

Beverly, MA

#2 Jul 24, 2014
LRDII wrote:
We're still waiting on the Dear Leader's "summer of recovery", gasoline STILL is way over $3 a gallon, food prices are skyrocketing, illegal aliens are pouring through our porous southern border, we're 100 trillion dollars in debt, the country is more divided than its been since the civil war, our government is being run by thugs, crooks, liars and leftist loons. But, hey! An unelected black robed tyrant is concerned that poofters can't get "married?" There's nothing like a good, old fashioned partisan, closeted judge.
If you do not want to marry someone of the same sex, then you do not have to.

This has no bearing on your life.

And all the other stuff you mentioned has been going on for a very long time.

And the Judges seem to be equal opportunity offenders. Their job is not one to be popular or well-liked. They are just trying to apply the rule of law.
SnuffAGlobalist

Harviell, MO

#4 Jul 29, 2014
Homosexuals getting married.... no wonder that this country is in the toilet.

God dealt with Sodom and Ghomorrah, and now, He is dealing with the perverted homosexuals and those who support their degenerate life-style.

Homosexuality is a perversion. It is a sickness. Some are recruited into the life-style at a vulnerable point in their lives, others are born homosexual. While we shouldn't beat them up, nor, kill them, as was done in the past, neither should we allow them to force their perversions on the rest of society.
SnuffAGlobalist

Harviell, MO

#5 Jul 29, 2014
If homosexuals can marry, then, why cannot a 12 year old girl and a 65 year old man get married? At least, they would be in natural and correct sexual gender base.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#6 Jul 29, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Homosexuals getting married.... no wonder that this country is in the toilet.
God dealt with Sodom and Ghomorrah, and now,.........
What did the Bible say was the sin of Sodom?
Hint:

It wasn't marriage OR sexual orientation.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#7 Jul 29, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
If homosexuals can marry, then, why cannot a 12 year old girl and a 65 year old man get married? At least, they would be in natural and correct sexual gender base.
Only irrational bigots don't understand the concept of consent, and spend time thinking about marrying children. Normal folks don't.

A child cannot legally consent to a lifetime contract, because they don't have the experience and brain development to completely understand it.

Try again, silly one.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#8 Jul 29, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>The "very long time" in your world must mean half a decade. But then, when you are dealing with deadly homosexual viruses, five years IS a long time. May the earth goddess bless you and heal your sickness.
Aren't most of those with AIDS worldwide heterosexual? And how does a virus have a sexual orientation.
Pride Parade Step 1

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jul 29, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
If homosexuals can marry, then, why cannot a 12 year old girl and a 65 year old man get married? At least, they would be in natural and correct sexual gender base.
GAYS had to work to get it; and so will you
.
Your first step is to have a Geezer and Kiddie Picnic and then stage a Geezer and Kiddie Pride Parade down main street
.
We'll rent you some of our parade floats until you can afford to buy your own

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 Jul 29, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
If homosexuals can marry, then, why cannot a 12 year old girl and a 65 year old man get married? At least, they would be in natural and correct sexual gender base.
Well, fight to lower the age of consent, and you can marry as many of your granddaughters as you wish.
SnuffAGlobalist

Harviell, MO

#11 Jul 29, 2014
Pride Parade and NE Jade,

Thank you for your understanding and willingness to lower the age of consent so that a 12 year old can marry a 65 year old man.

However, my question about same, was not for my benefit. I was thinking of marrying my horse. I read several years ago, that a homosexual visited a ranch in Washington state to have sex with a horse, and he died while doing so.

Oddly, the Attorney General for the State of Washington, said that there was NO CRIME COMMITTED, because there was no evidence that the horse was harmed.
SnuffAGlobalist

Harviell, MO

#12 Jul 29, 2014
Quest....

YES, the "Sin of Sodom" was SODOMY, or, homosexuality, or, more accurately, the practice of perverted sex.

You were attempting to focus on EZEKIEL. when the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, is detailed in Genesis 19, and it clearly states... in their wording that the sin of Sodom was homosexual behaviour, as in for when the crowd of homosexuals called out to Lott to have the handsome angels come out of Lotts house so that they could lay with them.

That's Genesis Chapter 19... verses 4 through 7

My point is, if we now have homosexuals marrying, why shouldn't a 9 or 12 year old child be allowed to marry the man of her dreams, whether he be 23.38, 45. 67, or , 90? For that matter, why are we forbidden to marry a chicken, horse, cow, or, antelope who catches our fancy if both parties consent, as you say?

What about marrying inanimate objects, like a rifle, the dump truck that she has her eye on, or, the statue of David?

Why not? Because it is ridiculous. So is homosexual marriage ridiculous. Even so, it is when you take a private business, such as a wedding photographer, or, cake decorator to court because they don't want to be part of your scheme. That is what REALLY pisses us off.

We are under no obligation to bake your cake, or, take your wedding photos, no matter how many homosexual Jew judges rule otherwise.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#13 Jul 30, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Homosexuals getting married.... no wonder that this country is in the toilet.
God dealt with Sodom and Ghomorrah, and now, He is dealing with the perverted homosexuals and those who support their degenerate life-style.
Homosexuality is a perversion. It is a sickness. Some are recruited into the life-style at a vulnerable point in their lives, others are born homosexual. While we shouldn't beat them up, nor, kill them, as was done in the past, neither should we allow them to force their perversions on the rest of society.
Name one person who has been FORCED to marry a member of their own sex.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Jul 30, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
If homosexuals can marry, then, why cannot a 12 year old girl and a 65 year old man get married? At least, they would be in natural and correct sexual gender base.
Show me one instance where a 12 year old is allowed to enter into a legally-binding contract.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 30, 2014
Belle Sexton wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one instance where a 12 year old is allowed to enter into a legally-binding contract.
He is busy with his horse. He ran out of grandchildren.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#16 Jul 30, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Quest....
YES, the "Sin of Sodom" was SODOMY, or, homosexuality, or, more accurately, the practice of perverted sex.
You were attempting to focus on EZEKIEL. when the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, is detailed in Genesis 19, and it clearly states... in their wording that the sin of Sodom was homosexual behaviour, as in for when the crowd of homosexuals called out to Lott to have the handsome angels come out of Lotts house so that they could lay with them.
That's Genesis Chapter 19... verses 4 through 7
My point is, if we now have homosexuals marrying, why shouldn't a 9 or 12 year old child be allowed to marry the man of her dreams, whether he be 23.38, 45. 67, or , 90? For that matter, why are we forbidden to marry a chicken, horse, cow, or, antelope who catches our fancy if both parties consent, as you say?
What about marrying inanimate objects, like a rifle, the dump truck that she has her eye on, or, the statue of David?
Why not? Because it is ridiculous. So is homosexual marriage ridiculous. Even so, it is when you take a private business, such as a wedding photographer, or, cake decorator to court because they don't want to be part of your scheme. That is what REALLY pisses us off.
We are under no obligation to bake your cake, or, take your wedding photos, no matter how many homosexual Jew judges rule otherwise.
and SODOMY includes your everyday BJ! Look it up. Oral sex!

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#18 Aug 3, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Quest....
YES, the "Sin of Sodom" was SODOMY, or, homosexuality, or, more accurately, the practice of perverted sex.
You were attempting to focus on EZEKIEL. when the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, is detailed in Genesis 19, and it clearly states... in their wording that the sin of Sodom was homosexual behaviour, as in for when the crowd of homosexuals called out to Lott to have the handsome angels come out of Lotts house so that they could lay with them.
...
Hardly.

Genesis 19:5

"Yada, Yada, Yada" is a phrase popularized on the Jerry Seinfeld comedy show to imply sexual activity among unmarried persons. It may be related to the "ya,da'(know) which appears in Genesis 19:5.

According to the King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 19:5 says: "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them." (KJV)

"Ya,da" is a Hebrew verb which is commonly translated as "know." Its meaning is ambiguous. It appears 943 times elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). Usually it means "to know a fact." In only about a dozen of these cases does it refers to sexual activity; in these instances, the sexual meaning is always obvious. The text generally talks about a man "knowing" a woman and of her conceiving a child as a result of the "knowing." With the possible exception of this verse, All such references involve heterosexual relationships.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#19 Aug 3, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Quest....
.... in their wording that the sin of Sodom was homosexual behaviour, as in for when the crowd of homosexuals called out to Lott to have the handsome angels come out of Lotts house so that they could lay with them.
That's Genesis Chapter 19... verses 4 through 7
.......
No, there is NO mention of folks that can only be attracted to the same gender - i.e gay. And, if you want to believe that every single male in town was gay, where did the women and children come from?

It's tough to prove your "homosexual" theory, based on the evidence in the older translations of the Bible.

First, you would need to prove that anyone in town was actually gay. Then, you would need to show that being attracted to the same gender is the same as raping a stranger to put them in their place.

Hint - It's not.

And of course, you would also have to prove that NO heterosexual has ever raped someone of the same gender in a show of dominance.

And on top of that you would have to disregard Ezekiel, and have a complete understanding of the context in which every line was written, and the exact meanings of some very ambiguous words.

If I were you, I would just admit that I wasn't sure, and would leave it up to God to sort out.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#20 Aug 3, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Quest....
.......
My point is, if we now have homosexuals marrying, why shouldn't a 9 or 12 year old child be allowed to marry the man of her dreams, whether he be 23.38, 45. 67, or , 90? For that matter, why are we forbidden to marry a chicken, horse, cow, or, antelope who catches our fancy if both parties consent, as you say?
........
In reality, only irrational anti-gay bigots seem to have difficulty understanding both the mental abilities and legal standing of children. You never hear this argument form regular folks.

But, it's very very simple. Children cannot legally consent, and that's for a good reason. Children are not developmentally ready to understand complex legal commitments, contracts, or even the lifelong consequences of their choices.

I'm guessing that you have never raised kids, since you seem to be completely unaware of the pace and stages of their development.

Do you have a more logical argument against gay folks legally marring?

And I'm not even going to address the animal thing. No one in their right mind would make that argument. Well, unless you have a secret fear of being sued by your pets. I wouldn't worry, though. Most of them don't have the digital control to dial a lawyer from your cell phone.

Since: Mar 07

Cartersville, VA

#21 Aug 3, 2014
SnuffAGlobalist wrote:
Quest....
..
What about marrying inanimate objects, like a rifle, the dump truck that she has her eye on, or, the statue of David?
Why not? Because it is ridiculous. So is homosexual marriage ridiculous........
Why, because two adult humans marrying and forming a family is ridiculous? Don't straight people do it all the time, and even teach their children to value marriage?

You can't go teaching your kids about love, commitment and marriage without the gay one's listening too. If you want gay folks to stop valuing the institution, you are going to have to stop teaching ALL kids to value it.

The gay ones are listening too, you know.
passing by

Salina, KS

#23 Aug 4, 2014
LRDII wrote:
Two pooper poppers or two rug munchers do not make a marriage. A marriage is between two members of the opposite sex. Glad I could help. Hope you sodomites are listening.
We are dear, but all we are hearing are the impotent whinings of yet another immature, irrational bigot. It's wastes of human potential like your esteemed self who are bringing about this change so quickly. Your choice of derangements has been your own undoing. We really should thank you as a useful idiot for our cause.
passing by

Salina, KS

#25 Aug 6, 2014
LRDII wrote:
Have fun at the clinic. What size adult diaper do you use? You do realize you lose in the end, don't you?
What an sad little fantasy world you live in dear. Do you feel better about yourself now? You shouldn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr zzz 13,727
Denver tar 9 hr LuvH 1
Denver tar? (Aug '11) 9 hr Blackeee 5
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr Reverend Alan 4,400
last post wins! (Feb '11) 14 hr mr goodwrench 24,749
Internet Marketing Benefits 19 hr Scambo Mc C note 1
Review: Weekly Home Buyers List, Inc. 20 hr Madam Kelly Brooker 6
Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match

Elizabeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabeth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabeth

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:05 am PST

CBS Sports10:05AM
Eric Berry: 'Enjoy the day and don't worry, we're #BERRYSTRONG'
NBC Sports12:53 PM
Julius Thomas practices, Fox dubs tight end "day to day"
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Anderson's arrival, Green's return keys Broncos - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:08 PM
With Ron Parker moving to safety, Chiefs look at cornerbacks
Bleacher Report 5:22 PM
Cowboys Offense Must Find Groove to Make Playoff Push