First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“America's future is bright!”

Since: Dec 07

Aurora, CO

#24 Feb 6, 2008
Mike Snyder wrote:
What part of CRIMINAL do people not get? I mean... making guns illegal for non-criminals... DOESN'T STOP CRIMINALS from getting them. A vast majority of the illegal use of handguns was.... GUESS WHAT!!! ILLEGAL!!!
Archie Bunker had a great line when arguing this point with Gloria:
"would it make you feel any better little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?"
Taking away guns from responsible people really don't prevent most of the issues, but creates a tremendous amount of other issues.
Many types of crimes are much lower in Texas specifically because whereever you go, there is likely to be someone packing heat. If you walk into a 7-11, Burger King, or any Mall for CERTAIN in Texas with a gun and try to conduct an obvious robbery or hold up, the first thing you will hear is the sound of a dozen or more guns cocking behind you. AND THEY KNOW IT!!!!
Taking away guns from responsible people is like taking away toys from kids because some have choked on parts, or taking away cars from people because they sometimes crash, or taking away beer from people, because they sometimes drink too much, or shutting down amusement parks, because sometimes people get hurt.
People who are for banning guns, ought to go live in Baghdad for a while with their family without a gun. Heck... South-central LA or Camden, NJ would be just fine too!
ANOTHER great comment! Keep up the good work my friend.

“All for my son.......”

Since: Oct 07

Hamburg, NJ

#25 Feb 6, 2008
Thanks... HEY!! Would you be willing to come up to Denver for a get-together?
Nurse Ratched

Denver, CO

#26 Feb 6, 2008
Here in the Nanny States of America, I think motor vehicles kill more people than guns.
With that statistic shouldn't we ban motor vehicles?
MountainMan

Englewood, CO

#27 Feb 6, 2008
At what point do liberals believe that someone breaking into your house will stand their and wait for the police to show up?
"Excuse me, but could you please wait to kill us for at least 15 minutes before the police show up? Great, thanks, appreciate that."
Hitler and Stalin were strong anti-gun leaders. Their countries only killed several million. Heck, it's not like the liberal elite's were getting murdered; it was just us peon working men.

“All for my son.......”

Hamburg, NJ

#28 Feb 6, 2008
MountainMan wrote:
At what point do liberals believe that someone breaking into your house will stand their and wait for the police to show up?
"Excuse me, but could you please wait to kill us for at least 15 minutes before the police show up? Great, thanks, appreciate that."
Hitler and Stalin were strong anti-gun leaders. Their countries only killed several million. Heck, it's not like the liberal elite's were getting murdered; it was just us peon working men.
Try more like 45 minutes MM. 15 is if you live on the same block as the Police Station in many places.
Tony Spickerman

Littleton, CO

#30 Feb 7, 2008
Onitram wrote:
Its just easy to shoot, cowards are always armed and ready. look at the vice president, he just pulled the trigger and shot his hunting friend. too easy,, guns are to kill, nothing else....
Right in the FACE, baby...

“America's future is bright!”

Since: Dec 07

Aurora, CO

#31 Feb 7, 2008
Mike Snyder wrote:
Thanks... HEY!! Would you be willing to come up to Denver for a get-together?
I would like to, any chance of making it a weekend day like a saturday? I work very late on weekdays but I get off early on saturday afternoon making it a lot easier to do something. Always happy to make some new friends.
spaulding

Denver, CO

#32 Feb 7, 2008
larry wrote:
guns don't kill people, people kill people.
what if I killed somebody with a spoon, are you
gonna ban all spoons from the local cafe?
That's a tired argument. People with guns kill people, and let's face it there are a lot of people out there that can't be trusted with their own children. Most people aren't bright enough to own guns.

“All for my son.......”

Hamburg, NJ

#33 Feb 7, 2008
If we operated on the theory of "are you bright enough"... 95% of the population would have to be uethanized!

I would be inclined to say it might be a good thing... but... well... it would also be just wrong.

“All for my son.......”

Hamburg, NJ

#34 Feb 7, 2008
Colorado Ray wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to, any chance of making it a weekend day like a saturday? I work very late on weekdays but I get off early on saturday afternoon making it a lot easier to do something. Always happy to make some new friends.
Maybe not this time around, but probably can in the future.
WTF

United States

#35 Feb 7, 2008
spaulding wrote:
<quoted text>That's a tired argument. People with guns kill people, and let's face it there are a lot of people out there that can't be trusted with their own children. Most people aren't bright enough to own guns.
That is where you are wrong, there is no IQ test for purchasing a firearm.

Since: Dec 06

Denver, CO

#36 Feb 7, 2008
Siting the Vice president as an example to gun control is ludricus.
You need a license to carry a gun. You need to display your knowlege and safety.
I think it's a great thing to have the right to own a gun. Personally they scare me so no gun for me. I would be dangerous if I owned a gun.
But there are others that are skilled enough to handle a gun that it would actually become an asset to the family.
It's not fair for one gunowner to ruin it for others. They make a mistake by not locking it up so junior can take it to show and tell that should be a felony to the gunowner.
You should treat your gun like your prized car. Don't loan it out and don't let your kid drive it. Lock it up out of harms way. And yet we have drunk drivers and soccer moms on the cell phone driving the left lane in the highway.
Heck! We even have non licensed drivers with stolen plates and no insurance on the road! OH MY!!
Maybe we should ban cars too.
You know why there's such a gun ban thing going around?
Cause most are afraid of them so that gives them justification to dictate how someone else should live.
Ugh

Denver, CO

#37 Feb 7, 2008
spaulding wrote:
<quoted text>That's a tired argument. People with guns kill people, and let's face it there are a lot of people out there that can't be trusted with their own children. Most people aren't bright enough to own guns.
Accidental gun deaths are in the mere hundreds, and a tiny fraction of that is children. Conversely, between ond and two million crimes are stopped every year due to private gun ownership. Libs never seem to relize, in this issue or any other, you do not succed with a position of weakness. A position of strength is ALWAYS better in nearly any realm. Yes, guns kill people, thank god. They kill murders and rapists. They protect more than they harm. What is the only think that ever stops a murderous rampage, a bullet. But for some reason libs want to hand over the power to protect themselves to the well oiled machine of government, and live thier lives at the pleasure of others. And yes, statistically and worldwide, more guns equals less crime, indeed even less gun crime. Living without the means to defend yourself INVITES attack.
Ugh

Denver, CO

#38 Feb 7, 2008
Yeah, sorry for the gross amount of typing/spelling errors. :)
lige lawrence

AOL

#39 Apr 12, 2008
if guns cause crime, then do pencils cause misspelled words? do matches cause arson? you do the math. and in the 80's when cuba emptied thier prisons into the streets of miami the murder rate went up 115%, then the right to carry law was invoked, yeah...the murder rate went down some incredible number from the original statistic. if criminals know they are not the only ones carrieng they are less likely to pull one

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#40 Apr 12, 2008
With the amount of sick people out there, we should all be armed...
To not be is ignorant...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 min Poof1 6,016
Legit pain n anxiety meds 3 hr Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar 3 hr Reyna lokita 4
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr tbird19482 14,350
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed Sniper II 24,872
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Tue zombiegentelman 22
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) Tue Extrollanator- 68

Winter Storm Warning for Elbert County was issued at December 24 at 8:07PM MST

Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elizabeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Elizabeth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabeth

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Peyton intent on playing for Broncos in 2015
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?