Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Apr 12, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Onitram

United States

#2 Feb 18, 2006
They are right. guns are to kill people, more guns more killings, more chance of your children getting killed by accident, wisen up people, we have police, be kind and respect and you wont need to carry that sissy gun!!
larry

Sacramento, CA

#3 Feb 25, 2006
guns don't kill people, people kill people.
what if I killed somebody with a spoon, are you
gonna ban all spoons from the local cafe?
Onitram

United States

#4 Feb 26, 2006
Its just easy to shoot, cowards are always armed and ready. look at the vice president, he just pulled the trigger and shot his hunting friend. too easy,, guns are to kill, nothing else....
Milena Amit

Delray Beach, FL

#5 Mar 1, 2006
I think Onitram would ban spoons, and bats, and everything in between! Anyway, about the whole "We have the police" - a few weeks ago I was coming home at night when a drunk guy strated picking fights with my neighbors and myself (when we were trying to get into our building)- mind you - he was drunk, over six feet tall and we were all girls - the tallest being 5'7! It took the police 15 minutes to get there! Now imagine being the father of any othese 3 girls - is waiting for that 15 minutes without any protection from a drunk goon good enough for your daughters!!!!!!!!
lzach stateline nv

Sparks, NV

#8 Mar 11, 2006
a cop told me once that they are there,"just to clean up the mess",so you must protect yourself. We must protect ourselves. Abide by all laws, but always be ready for anything to happen.

P.S. If you want to find out about sexual predators in your area, get on the web site, www.familywatchdog.us and follow the instructions. It will show you who lives near you that is of great concern.
Bryan Brown

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Mar 29, 2007
Police aren't going to be able to do much if you are broken into and shot in the middle of the night - except call the corroner and maybe catch your killer. I think it is important for anyone who has a family to be protected. My wife was against guns when she first got here from Peru because they are not allowed ANY protection there and the police really can't do anything. She was stabbed on a bus for her camera and held at knife point once and also had an attempted rape once when she was there. She now understands the importance of protection and with a house an three dogs I am ready to protect. If you are properly trained and are a RESPONSIBLE gun owner than you shouldn't have a problem with ACCIDENTALLY discharging a weapon. I grew up in Florida where guns are protected and grew up with over 30 guns in my house from rifles to shotguns to handguns and never once did I access the safe where they were kept. I couldn't if I wanted to nor did I want to because I was taught from a VERY early age to respect them. Stop relying on everyone else to take responsibility and take some for yourself and teach yourself and your kids because like it or not sooner or later your or your family is going to face a gun. And for the record Cheney shot that guy in the face because he made a cardinal mistake in quail hunting and was in FRONT of the shooter -0 when you track a bird to shoot you get tunnel vision to your target - that is why you should never be infront of anyone while hunting only parrellel
Iben Had

Bessemer, AL

#10 May 12, 2007
Onitram wrote:
Its just easy to shoot, cowards are always armed and ready. look at the vice president, he just pulled the trigger and shot his hunting friend. too easy,, guns are to kill, nothing else....
Bush is an Idiot and anyone who voted for him shouldn't have a gun, because they have poor judgment.
Check national newspapers and see how many times a woman who had a gun was able to scare off an attacker or defend herself.
The @ 1 thing Inmates would like to know is that thjey can break into your home with no fear of you harming them.
Iben Had

Bessemer, AL

#11 May 12, 2007
My generation had more guns than any generation and:
Fewer murders
Less violence against women
We respected each other rather than tolerated each other. I.E. Playing Rap Crap louder than necessary.
"Granma, Gramma, aren't you proud
From Womans Lib to Girls gone wild."

“Waiting for the "Rapture"”

Since: Apr 07

Orefield

#12 May 16, 2007
Bryan B. is right---- it's a birthright to have the means of protecting ones-self or ones family, not one given by any politician, supreme justice, or anyone else. A person is responsible for his own safety ---- the policeman arrives on the crime scene after the damage is done.
pissed off at the world

Groveport, OH

#13 Jun 13, 2007
Onitram wrote:
yes they are. i love them, but i would never shoot a person.
zeke1312

United States

#14 Jun 17, 2007
Let's draw some parallels here. In the 1920s booze was banned. Even today, drugs such as cocaine, etc. are banned. Guess what, booze was easily available as drugs are today. Now it is estimated there are from 70 to over 250 MILLION guns in the US today. Do you think banning guns will take them from criminals? HELLO, knock, konck, "it ain't gonna happen".
jasmine

Miami, FL

#15 Jun 27, 2007
u should never keep a gun any where

“Waiting for the "Rapture"”

Since: Apr 07

Orefield

#16 Jun 28, 2007
zeke1312 wrote:
Let's draw some parallels here. In the 1920s booze was banned. Even today, drugs such as cocaine, etc. are banned. Guess what, booze was easily available as drugs are today. Now it is estimated there are from 70 to over 250 MILLION guns in the US today. Do you think banning guns will take them from criminals? HELLO, knock, konck, "it ain't gonna happen".
Ten-four on that zeke --- not only are drugs available on the street, but even in prisons --- behind bars.
One Who Loves America

AOL

#17 Jul 3, 2007
Onitram wrote:
They are right. guns are to kill people, more guns more killings, more chance of your children getting killed by accident, wisen up people, we have police, be kind and respect and you wont need to carry that sissy gun!!
Don't ever publicize the fact that you don't approve of people owning or carring guns in their cars. Hopefully,you will never experience a forced entry to your home while you and your familt are at home...Home invaders rush you and you will never get a chance to call police....You must protect yourself and your family from violent and fearless thugs...
Good Luck....
BE easy

Georgetown, SC

#18 Jul 9, 2007
yall don't know what yall are talking about because guns they save life of some people what if somebody tries to ride up on you when you are on tha street what u going to do I not like some people i kill before i get kill that why i keep a ak-47 in tha back seat of my chevy and all come of guns at tha crib.
OKIE1

Muskogee, OK

#19 Jul 10, 2007
BE easy wrote:
yall don't know what yall are talking about because guns they save life of some people what if somebody tries to ride up on you when you are on tha street what u going to do I not like some people i kill before i get kill that why i keep a ak-47 in tha back seat of my chevy and all come of guns at tha crib.
I don't believe you. Your lack of grammar, poor spelling skills, lack of punctuation, and your poor communications skills tells us all that you haven't passed 2nd grade yet. Do your parents know you are on the internet???

“I don't get it....”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#20 Jul 12, 2007
after thinking about american history:

if you tell americans not to do something - they will always do it to excess.

ban guns then the next day granny's riding dirty with a colt in her purse.
TAKE IT FROM ME

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2008
They passed a law against robbing banks and it hasn't seemed to stop bank robbers. If you bunch of do gooders think it's smart to take away law abiding citizens guns just ask the people in Australia how wellit works. If they ever do pass a law against owning firearms do you think the criminals il turn their guns? Just remember an armed society is a polite society.
Onitram wrote:

“America's future is bright!”

Since: Dec 07

Aurora, CO

#22 Feb 6, 2008
I think this not really a good idea due to the large amount of vehicle theft and vehicle break ins. Love my guns but most people really don't keep them very secure. If a handgun is in a vehicle, it should be in a strong box bolted down so it can't be easily taken. Still not a good idea. I am more in favor of concealed carry permits and wearing them so they are ready if needed.

“All for my son.......”

Since: Oct 07

Hamburg, NJ

#23 Feb 6, 2008
What part of CRIMINAL do people not get? I mean... making guns illegal for non-criminals... DOESN'T STOP CRIMINALS from getting them. A vast majority of the illegal use of handguns was.... GUESS WHAT!!! ILLEGAL!!!

Archie Bunker had a great line when arguing this point with Gloria:

"would it make you feel any better little girl, if they was pushed out of windows?"

Taking away guns from responsible people really don't prevent most of the issues, but creates a tremendous amount of other issues.

Many types of crimes are much lower in Texas specifically because whereever you go, there is likely to be someone packing heat. If you walk into a 7-11, Burger King, or any Mall for CERTAIN in Texas with a gun and try to conduct an obvious robbery or hold up, the first thing you will hear is the sound of a dozen or more guns cocking behind you. AND THEY KNOW IT!!!!

Taking away guns from responsible people is like taking away toys from kids because some have choked on parts, or taking away cars from people because they sometimes crash, or taking away beer from people, because they sometimes drink too much, or shutting down amusement parks, because sometimes people get hurt.

People who are for banning guns, ought to go live in Baghdad for a while with their family without a gun. Heck... South-central LA or Camden, NJ would be just fine too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Wondering 2,961
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) 9 hr curious 37
annette marion tortures w/cpms yvette handfield... 9 hr ANNETTE MARION KI... 1
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 11 hr Jammercolo 1,298
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 14 hr Hannah V 4,211
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 15 hr joanNYadoptees 2,787
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed AmyFaith 24,645
•••
•••
•••

Elizabeth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elizabeth People Search