Civil unions clear Colo. Legislature, head to gov

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SavannahNow

Civil unions for gay couples was a rallying cry for Democrats who took control of the Colorado House in last year's elections and vowed an early vote on the proposal.

Comments (Page 11)

Showing posts 201 - 210 of210
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#209
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
Changing marriage law changes the law for everyone, not just the tiny minority of same sex couples who would 'marry'. Keeping marriage one man and one woman protects marriage for everyone, especially for the homosexuals who would be harmed most.
Again Brian.......what is harming Gay and Lesbian couples is folks like you who would deny them the simple right to marry the person of their choosing!!!

Oh and just because some Gays or Lesbians have married the opposite-sex, doesn't mean that all have done it and it doesn't mean ANYONE should have been basically forced to do that just because of the time in which they grew up!!!

Now, either all AMERICANS should have the right to vote on who is allowed to marry who, or no one should have the right to vote on whether Gays and Lesbians should have the right to marry!!!

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#210
Mar 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
Changing marriage law changes the law for everyone, not just the tiny minority of same sex couples who would 'marry'. Keeping marriage one man and one woman protects marriage for everyone, especially for the homosexuals who would be harmed most.
Sure... Making a series of baseless assertions does not constitute proving a point. I should not have to ask you in response, "why?". Please clarify your remarks.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#211
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Here's another argument for male/female marriage:

If same sex marriage is licensed, then any gay involved in a casual sex might become financially liable during a divorce.

If you care about gay people, keep marriage one man and one woman.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#212
Mar 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
Here's another argument for male/female marriage:
If same sex marriage is licensed, then any gay involved in a casual sex might become financially liable during a divorce.
If you care about gay people, keep marriage one man and one woman.
I can say the exact same thing about casual hetero sex then.

A casual hook up is NOT a legal contract, you tool. One can NOT get divorced unless he or she is married first. Is that SO complicated?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#216
Mar 25, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
Here's another argument for male/female marriage:
If same sex marriage is licensed, then any gay involved in a casual sex might become financially liable during a divorce.
If you care about gay people, keep marriage one man and one woman.
This post makes absolutely NO SENSE, but then......most of your posts usually don't!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#217
Mar 25, 2013
 
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
This post makes absolutely NO SENSE, but then......most of your posts usually don't!!!
Uh, yeah. Hey, darling. Is it too late for the cookies? Sorry I lost track, but another art show is looming and you know I get nutsy at those times. Let me know.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#218
Mar 25, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
Here's another argument for male/female marriage:
If same sex marriage is licensed, then any gay involved in a casual sex might become financially liable during a divorce.
If you care about gay people, keep marriage one man and one woman.
Really? Seriously? That is your argument? Lol!

Anyone married quite obviously should not be having casual sex. That's cheating. Common now, you're making this too easy.
No Way

Commerce City, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#219
Mar 25, 2013
 
So all you gay marriage proponents would have no problem with me marrying my dad or uncle or whatever in their later years so they can take advantage of my health benefits? We do love each other.

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#220
Mar 25, 2013
 
Brian_G wrote:
Here's another argument for male/female marriage:
If same sex marriage is licensed, then any gay involved in a casual sex might become financially liable during a divorce.
If you care about gay people, keep marriage one man and one woman.


Yes Financially liability could come into play but unlike a Divorce between a man & woman there is a 99.9% chance children will not be dragged into it, resulting in some poor woman's damaged self esteem than brings home some dirt-bag step father that rapes the 4 year old step daughter.
Brian are you one of those dirt bags rapists

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#221
Mar 25, 2013
 
No Way wrote:
So all you gay marriage proponents would have no problem with me marrying my dad or uncle or whatever in their later years so they can take advantage of my health benefits? We do love each other.
Invalid argument. "Marrying" a relative in legal terms is granting familial status where it already exists. However, I don't see any reason why family members should be blocked from sharing health care benefits, finances, etc... What about twins? Many care so deeply about each other that they are hardly ever separate. I think enhancing familial rights would be a good thing, but let's focus on the marriage equality issue first, okay?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 210 of210
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elizabeth Discussions

Search the Elizabeth Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Respect71 2,409
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 11 min KarlVIIIII 12,140
Anyone tryed www.mystic-box.com 2 hr Domka 1
last post wins! (Feb '11) 3 hr Sally Brown 24,625
transgender sex 4 hr Thick Head 1
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) 8 hr Sara Smith 35
Pegging Sun Guy12 1
•••
•••
•••
Elizabeth Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elizabeth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elizabeth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Elizabeth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Elizabeth
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••