Bank of Currituck says no hats, no ho...

Bank of Currituck says no hats, no hoods, no sunglasses

There are 26 comments on the WVEC-TV Norfolk story from Feb 2, 2009, titled Bank of Currituck says no hats, no hoods, no sunglasses. In it, WVEC-TV Norfolk reports that:

In response to the rising number of bank robberies, a Currituck County bank's "no hats, no hoods, no sunglasses" policy for customers begins today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVEC-TV Norfolk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
byebyegoodoleboy z

Dunn, NC

#1 Mar 9, 2009
The top management sucks at this bank!!
Heywhatsup

Louisburg, NC

#2 Mar 9, 2009
Top management sucks at all the banks on the OBX. They only look out for themselves.
getalife

Streator, IL

#3 Mar 15, 2009
C'mon folks - Surely you have better things to do with your time than to post empty, unsubstantiated blogs about something you obviously know little to nothing about. If you are a customer of this bank - and don't like something...tell someone who can address your concerns - or leave. If you are not a customer, then why bother blogging about something that doesn't concern you????

Since: Mar 09

kill devil hills, nc

#4 Mar 16, 2009
I love the BOC, they are pleasant, have a great staff, management is better than most other banks, and they do try to look out for you. Depending on which branch you go to, they do strive to meet your expectations. I know, bc I do bank there and have worked for them before. NO COMPLAINTS HERE!
byebyegoodoleboy z

Dunn, NC

#5 Mar 17, 2009
getalife wrote:
C'mon folks - Surely you have better things to do with your time than to post empty, unsubstantiated blogs about something you obviously know little to nothing about. If you are a customer of this bank - and don't like something...tell someone who can address your concerns - or leave. If you are not a customer, then why bother blogging about something that doesn't concern you????
WHAT AN OXYMORON STATEMENT read your own crap what a idiot
getalife

Streator, IL

#6 Mar 17, 2009
WHAT AN OXYMORON STATEMENT read your own crap what a idiot

Ok - obviously education was not a part of your upbringing - sorry, didn't mean to be talking above your head, you inbred.
byebyegoodoleboy z

Dunn, NC

#7 Mar 19, 2009
O wow do we suffer from a really bad case of very LOW SELF ESTEEM ??? GET HELP QUICK! Look up oxymoron and you will see it discribes you to a TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. To help you understand I"ll go slow......the very thing you bitched about....is what you are doing .....get it?? Now go get help and tell your mom i said hello baby cakes
byebyegoodoleboy z

Dunn, NC

#8 Mar 19, 2009
I thought twice might help you!!!!!!!!! lmao
getalife

Rocky Mount, NC

#9 Mar 20, 2009
Ahh....that's where you're wrong, grasshopper.....perhaps it DOES concern me!
byebyegoodoleboy z

Dunn, NC

#10 Mar 26, 2009
Ahhh but i too have great concerns about this bank and its sorry ass TOP management! I will do everything to spread the word about them!! You are probally one of them ( i mean getalife) If so hate it for your sorry life. I will keep yapping away , till i get in their pockets trust me. Not that their FORECLOSURE rate as of the moment is helping! You get what you deserve
Irritated in Currituck

Springfield, MO

#11 Mar 26, 2009
Anyone other than myself know that Bank of Currituck received TARP funds to the tune of 4,021,000.? Yet they refuse to work with homeowners who are falling behind on their mortgage due to the economy. Some small community bank!

"bank of currituck" tarp funds <------google this!
Concerned

Cameron, NC

#12 Jun 2, 2009
They suck as a bank.
locolocal

Staley, NC

#13 Jun 3, 2009
maybe a name change might help, how 'bout Bank of Currisuck..
selenakyle nags head

Wake Forest, NC

#14 Jun 4, 2009
I think it's a very good idea not letting people inside a bank who could be hiding their physical identities. Sounds like common sense to me.

If you bank there, it would be YOUR money the a$$hole robbers are trying to steal--think about it.

If you are doing nothing wrong, who cares if you have to pull your hood down, take your hat off or prop your shades on your head.

What's the big deal?
Concerned

Cameron, NC

#15 Jun 4, 2009
selenakyle nags head wrote:
I think it's a very good idea not letting people inside a bank who could be hiding their physical identities. Sounds like common sense to me.
If you bank there, it would be YOUR money the a$$hole robbers are trying to steal--think about it.
If you are doing nothing wrong, who cares if you have to pull your hood down, take your hat off or prop your shades on your head.
What's the big deal?
It's about the sorry ass top management!!! Not the hoods,hats or sunglasses.....maybe you should read all comments before posting one
selenakyle nags head

Wake Forest, NC

#16 Jun 5, 2009
"Concerned"-- I DID read all the posts and the title of the ENTIRE THREAD is "BOC says No hats, no hoods, no sunglasses."

So perhaps YOU should read the title of the damn thing yourself before getting smart about it. My comment was therefore quite relevant.

Take your $ somewhere else if you hate them so much.
concerned

Cameron, NC

#17 Jun 5, 2009
Smart nahhhh not me. But not dumb enuff to let that bank have a penny of my $$$$$$$$ They suck
over

Aulander, NC

#18 Jun 6, 2009
They are unprofessional in many ways.
Female Driver

AOL

#19 Jun 8, 2009
Can you still wear a hat and sunglasses at the drive-thru?
Angered

King George, VA

#20 Dec 15, 2010
over wrote:
They are unprofessional in many ways.
That's the truth! Bunch of morons..especially in Camden

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Private School in Elizabeth City (May '17) Jan '18 MrsKrisp94 2
moving to the area (Jun '15) Nov '17 Helpful neighbor 2
New young couple to the area (Aug '17) Nov '17 Young couple 5
popeyes in E city Nov '17 hoss 1
News Thrift Store 'Thriller' Nov '17 Jake 3
Army Recruiting Nov '17 Anonymous 1
News Search Ongoing For Missing Kayaker In Albemarle... (Apr '14) Oct '17 Bradley gunners pal 23

Elizabeth City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elizabeth City Mortgages