Man shot to death in Elizabeth City, NC

Full story: 13 WVEC.com

A 28-year-old North Carolina man was shot to death Wednesday night. Authorities in Elizabeth City found Ryan Shaw Dodge around 10:00 p.m. in the area of Herrington Road and White Street.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2011
Ryan was a great friend

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2006

Ryan was one of my husbands best friends. his heart was broken by his marrige falling apart. He fell into the wrong corwd and we tried to bring him back to the good people because we feared for his safety. His death has impacted many lives including those of his two beautiful daughters.
Ryan Dodge was NOT a bad person in any way and people should know that.
Sherry

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2006

Ryan was my boyfriends brother and this has taken a toll on him, I pray that this person is caught and Ryans family can be there to see him get exactly whats coming to him or her.
Sherry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2006

Tom and I do not live in Roanoke we live in Port Republic, Va.
The Marks

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2006

We were neighbors of the Dodges and are very saddened by this tragedy. Ryan loved his girls and had just planted a small garden with them. We often saw him with them at the pool or boat launch. Our condolences to his entire family.
Bill and Marcella

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Ryan and Bill were like brothers. We have lost someone so very dear to us for so many years. We were around to see both of Ryans girls come into this world and it devistates us to know we had to see Ryan leave.
I hope the killer is found and Ryan can rest in peace.
Punker and Sissy , know your daddy loved you more than anything.
Bill and Marcella

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Bill and Marcella wrote:
Ryan and Bill were like brothers. We have lost someone so very dear to us for so many years. We were around to see both of Ryans girls come into this world and it devistates us to know we had to see Ryan leave.
I hope the killer is found and Ryan can rest in peace.
Punker and Sissy , know your daddy loved you more than anything.
We live in Kill Devil Hills NC
SayNoToDrugs

Kitty Hawk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Judged:

Crack Kills
Heather

Palmyra, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I knew Ryan when he was a teenager. He was a great person. I'm sure he was a great father too. The world is a better place because of the few short years he spent with us. I'll miss you always. Rest in Peace.

“Come with me if u wana live.”

Since: Oct 10

Matewan WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Did he used to have blond hair?
Cocaine

Kitty Hawk, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Judged:

Just say no to Crack Cocaine.
Anton Lee

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2011

Judged:

Ryan was a good person loving father hard worker / he had a disease.. Alot of us did not assume to tell him how to live his life. He was productive hard working and always seemed to have his stuff together it's tricky with functioning addicts.. It's not like the friend who lost his house car girl dog and is living in the woods....'

Ryan loved his little girls and we should respect his memory.....R.I.P
jac

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Anton Lee wrote:
Ryan was a good person loving father hard worker / he had a disease.. Alot of us did not assume to tell him how to live his life. He was productive hard working and always seemed to have his stuff together it's tricky with functioning addicts.. It's not like the friend who lost his house car girl dog and is living in the woods....'

Unfortunately none of those are symptoms of drug addiction. Play with fire get burnt. Hope it keeps his family away from the crack. But if I believed like you, they would be doomed also.
Ryan made a shitty decision that cost him his life, and while others suffered through HIS addictions, the selfish druggie has left an even worse legacy now that he can't change his ways.
Observer

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Judged:

Anton Lee wrote:
If you really wanted to respect his memory, you would not have brought this topic back up, on Topix anyway.

You are only making it easy for people that did not know Ryan, to talk Sh!t about him or his family. Not very smart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elizabeth City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 27 min TSF 58,171
Police arrest man who wins doughnut-eating contest Aug 10 reebie 9
the music thread (Mar '12) Aug 5 Musikologist 16
Eagle Creek Homes (Jun '07) Aug 4 C Thompson 40
Police seek help finding missing man Jul 30 yvonne 1
A good move for Currituck crossing (Feb '11) Jul '14 Yankee 4
Baltimore artist plays neosoul music to pursue ... Jul '14 Eileen 1

Search the Elizabeth City Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Elizabeth City Jobs

•••