The weapon man

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Jan 31, 2013
Anyone ever had a problem with porters pawn like I have? These businesses around here to start holding theirself accountable for cheating customers. Very very sad
pastcustomer

Mountain Home, AR

#2 Jan 31, 2013
They weren't very friendly but no problems.

Bexar, AR

#3 Feb 11, 2013
its a pawn shop, kinda like the check cashing places they prey on the poor
The weapon man

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Feb 11, 2013
Yea it is a Pawn shop but when a business lies to you to get you to buy something. Thats just wrong. I can say one thing, I will never do business with them again and I will make sure everyone knows as well.

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Feb 12, 2013
took a pistol I had just cleaned in for a loan and when returned it had visible prints/soil in the grips and slide. havent been back, I don't like the idea of my property mishandled. probally passed around by the dumbasskids dry firing it
Haha

Mountain Home, AR

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Weapon Man, it is irresponsible to throw out comments like yours without any information to back it up. If you have a real complaint, state it so others can decide if it's valid or not. Just calling them liars and cheaters doesn't mean you had a valid problem.
The weapon man

Mountain Home, AR

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Haha wrote:
Weapon Man, it is irresponsible to throw out comments like yours without any information to back it up. If you have a real complaint, state it so others can decide if it's valid or not. Just calling them liars and cheaters doesn't mean you had a valid problem.
Ok so here it is...I was in there looking for something to buy when I had my eyes on something. A person looking there told me if I bought that item and decided to get rid of it down the road to come back and they will give me what I paid for this. I brought it back knowing I wouldnt get the full amount back more then likely but they were off my several hundreds of dollars. When I talk to the person and ask them to ask the guy if he told me I could get my money back he said I dont recall saying that. Well of course not but dont lie to me just to get me to leacve with the item and turn on your own words.
Business owner

Gassville, AR

#9 Feb 14, 2013
ALWAYS ALWAYS get things in writing. I don't care how reputable a business is, if it's not in writing, it could easily be forgotten or overlooked. When you deal with hundreds of people every week it is IMPOSSIBLE to remember everything you said to everyone. Don't be an idiot next time. GET IT IN WRITING and if you don't then shut your mouth because it's your fault if you don't!
The weapon man

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Business owner wrote:
ALWAYS ALWAYS get things in writing. I don't care how reputable a business is, if it's not in writing, it could easily be forgotten or overlooked. When you deal with hundreds of people every week it is IMPOSSIBLE to remember everything you said to everyone. Don't be an idiot next time. GET IT IN WRITING and if you don't then shut your mouth because it's your fault if you don't!
Get things in writing??? I take people for there word in a small town like mountain home. Trust me the gentlemen that helped me knows what he said and knows who I am. That's what's wrong with this world these days, someone's word has no meaning anymore. Why can't you have a debate without calling names. Ha it's ok little man I'm sure your pleasing yourself with that big talk out of that big mouth. Ps please write back soon yours truly
Bow hunter

United States

#11 Aug 31, 2013
Always get it in writing. I was a repeat customer and have always had good dealings with them until yesterday. I took my bow up there for a loan and when the time come for me to pay on it I didn't have the money to do it so I called them to ask if I could extend it until the following Friday and was told that would be fine. Went in yesterday to pick it up and was told they sold it. He acted like he never talked to me. I know I was late on my payment but thats why i called and the man told me I could come get it the next Friday so I took his word. Will never deal with them again. By the way this was the store in harrison ar not mt. Home.
Bow hunter

United States

#12 Aug 31, 2013
My father and I have bought and traded a lot with them and they still did this. That's why I just took the mans word.
trader

Branson, MO

#13 Aug 31, 2013
A pawn shop is never going to give much for anything much less give a good loan on whatever you have their out for their self I have bought several things from pawn shops they want as much or more for things then you can find new .I have taken a fiew things in to sale or get a loan on like a tom tom gps they ask me if I'd take 5 dollars for it they was trying to sale one just like it for 75 dollars
johnskin

Hardy, AR

#14 Sep 1, 2013
They feed off of the misery of the down and out.I have done work for them they are ass wipes.
steve-o

United States

#15 Sep 1, 2013
They try to get what they can out of people and lie or whatever to get what they want post this on the mountain home yard sale site 15000 people will be able to see there true colors.
Best Waitress

Mountain Home, AR

#16 Sep 1, 2013
What a bunch of losers. It's a pawn shop. If you was worthy of loaning money to, wouldn't use a pawn shop. So much of losers your own friends or family won't lend you money. Thought my town sucked until I read you whiners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ariel Williams 2 hr John Longrod 33
Cleared land at intersection 15 hr grease 15
blue dodge 15 hr grease 2
News Rebekah Gould's 2004 murder remains unsolved (Jan '14) 18 hr ws 97
John Farmer 18 hr John Longrod 10
Iron order mc 20 hr Just wondering 10
ashley j rego 23 hr Dee Dee 6

Elizabeth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance