Do Christians disapprove of weed generally?

Posted in the Elizabeth Forum

Agnostic

Cherokee Village, AR

#1 May 4, 2013
Lightin' it up. Just wondering.
Cotter mom

Ash Flat, AR

#2 May 5, 2013
Generally speaking, anything that results in intoxication, excess alcohol for example, is prohibited.
Huh

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 May 6, 2013
As a Christian and member of a big church, we drink...occasionally to an excess. Catholics drink, Episcopals too...I think. I personally am not opposed any more to weed than I am to alcohol. Should have the same rules.
Disagree

Cherokee Village, AR

#4 May 7, 2013
Weed is a WHOLE lot more mild than alcohol. It's not even in the same playing field as alcohol. Getting high on THC and getting intoxicated are completely different things. Yes, smoking is bad for your lungs, but THC doesn't cause any harm to the user or to others.
Thus, I disagree on the two having the same rules. Alcohol is quite lethal, and marijuana is quite the opposite of that.
Slickery Joseph

United States

#5 May 8, 2013
The Bible says...your body is a temple and shall do nothing to harm it..so if drinking and smoking is a health issue then I would say that Christians would frown on puffin!
MIRANDA

Mountain Home, AR

#6 May 8, 2013
Welp, vaporizing weed isn't harmful to your body.
Dixie Guy

Mountain Home, AR

#7 May 8, 2013
Genesis 1:29
God also told them, "Look! I have given you every seed-bearing plant that grows throughout the earth, along with every tree that grows seed-bearing fruit. They will produce your food.
Just Wondering

Mountain Home, AR

#8 May 8, 2013
Why do people follow an old book religiously? It's unhealthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elizabeth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beth Dickerson 2 min Guest 2 26
Shannon Sherrill 57 min CallyKo 6
Kristine Lester (Simmons) 1 hr CallyKo 7
Richest in Mtn Home..? 2 hr Guest 8
Billy Snyder 5 hr Question 1
News Sheriff: Man 'tazed' 4 times during arrest 14 hr HarpsWorker 15
Corrupt or Unethical Policemen (Mar '13) 15 hr post partum 30
Elizabeth Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web