Let voices be heard at Maine caucuses
“As Maine goes, so goes the nation.”
It's time to vote for president - in Maine, that is. After living in the shadow of the first-in-the-nation primary state for these many months, Mainers will finally have their turn starting this week. via Seacoast Online
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seacoast Online.
#1 Feb 9, 2008
Yes, my vote is for Hillary Clinton. As a Senator she continues to be an advocate for children and families and a national leader on homeland security and national security issues.
1. After 9/11, she worked diligently to secure funds to recover and rebuild. She fought to provide compensation to families of the victims, small businesses and front line workers at Ground Zero and improve homeland security.
2. In her work on the Senate Armed Services Committee, she has been working to see that our military has the necessary resources. She has visited Iraq and Afghanistan to learn first hand the challenges our combat forces are facing.
3. Hillary passed legislation to track the health status of our troops so that conditions like Gulf War Syndrome would not be misdiagnosed.
4. She is an original sponsor of legislation to expand health benefits to members of the National Guard and Reserves.
5. She has introduced legislation to tie the Congressional salary increases to increases in the minimum wage.
6. She has supported a variety of middle-class tax cuts: marriage penalty tax, property tax relief, reduction of the Alternative Minimum Tax
7. She passed legislation to create jobs in struggling communities through the Renewal Communities program.
8. She has championed legislation to bring broadband internet access to rural America which helps support the economic growth of the community.
9. She continues to strengthen the Childrens Health Insurance Program which she developed to help low income and working families.
10. She has authored legislation that has been enacted to improve the quality and lower the cost of prescription drugs.
11. She has sponsored legislation in the global fight against HIV/AIDS
12. She has passed legislation that will bring more qualified teachers into the classroom
13. She is one of the original sponsors of the Prevention First Act to increase access to family planning.
14. She introduced the Count Every Vote Act in 2005
I could go on, but suffice it to say, Hillarys hard work has touched all of our lives.
Thank you, Hillary
Add your comments below
|Part Time Job||Jul '16||Hallmark||1|
|Guy Jumps From Brooklyn Bridge, Lives||Apr '16||wichita-rick||12|
|Alexis Barrios (Jun '15)||Apr '16||Samsbella||3|
|Portland artist's latest project turning heads ... (Oct '15)||Oct '15||Jessie 1973||1|
|Dona t overlook details of solar power contracts (Sep '15)||Sep '15||Solarman||1|
|Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck (Dec '14)||Jun '15||Tired of paying||2|
|On This Day: Statue of Liberty Dedicated in New... (May '15)||May '15||Imwithstupid||1|
Find what you want!
Search Eliot Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC