Maine Democratic caucus schedule

Maine Democratic caucus schedule

There are 6 comments on the Seacoast Online story from Feb 6, 2008, titled Maine Democratic caucus schedule. In it, Seacoast Online reports that:

The Seacoast Democrats remind all registered Democrats to participate in the party's presidential Maine caucuses on Sunday. via Seacoast Online

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seacoast Online.

#1 Feb 9, 2008
Yes, my vote is for Hillary clinton. As a Senator she continues to be an advocate for children and families and a national leader on homeland security and national security issues.

1. After 9/11, she worked diligently to secure funds to recover and rebuild. She fought to provide compensation to families of the victims, small businesses and front line workers at Ground Zero and improve homeland security.

2. In her work on the Senate Armed Services Committee, she has been working to see that our military has the necessary resources. She has visited Iraq and Afghanistan to learn first hand the challenges our combat forces are facing.

3. Hillary passed legislation to track the health status of our troops so that conditions like Gulf War Syndrome would not be misdiagnosed.

4. She is an original sponsor of legislation to expand health benefits to members of the National Guard and Reserves.

5. She has introduced legislation to tie the Congressional salary increases to increases in the minimum wage.

6. She has supported a variety of middle-class tax cuts: marriage penalty tax, property tax relief, reduction of the Alternative Minimum Tax

7. She passed legislation to create jobs in struggling communities through the Renewal Communities program.

8. She has championed legislation to bring broadband internet access to rural America which helps support the economic growth of the community.

9. She continues to strengthen the Children’s Health Insurance Program which she developed to help low income and working families.

10. She has authored legislation that has been enacted to improve the quality and lower the cost of prescription drugs.

11. She has sponsored legislation in the global fight against HIV/AIDS

12. She has passed legislation that will bring more qualified teachers into the classroom

13. She is one of the original sponsors of the Prevention First Act to increase access to family planning.

14. She introduced the Count Every Vote Act in 2005

I could go on, but suffice it to say, Hillary’s hard work has touched all of our lives.
Thank you, Hillary

Anaheim, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2008
Alright Hillary is that you behind this post?
Go Obama!!

New Orleans, LA

#3 Feb 10, 2008
OBAMA 08 Baby. Who dat? Who dat? Who dat gonna beat Obama?
Informed Voter

Long Beach, CA

#4 Feb 10, 2008
Thank you, Noelle, for informing people who clearly have been listening to Obama without doing their homework on what he's saying. I'm tired of Obama saying that he was against the Iraq war from the start when he wasn't in the Senate, and wasn't privy to the intelligence info that was presented to the Senate at the time, when the Iraq war vote occurred.

Obama is a dynamic speaker, and his PR machine has done a great job at touting him as the voice of change, but there is no substance behind what he says. I challenge any Obama supporter to show me something substantively wrong with any of Clinton's plans. Obama, on the other hand has no plan that will actually support any of his rhetoric.

Someone who knows both personally said that Obama, for the past several years, has done nothing to change society yet now claims he is the voice of change. He has no plans that will allow him to actually carry out any of his grandiose claims, and has missed many key senate votes.

Obama has received many of his endorsements because, unlike Clinton, he's willing to play ball and do favors for other senators. Is this really the anti-politician??!! All we have with Obama is another stereotypical politician who is all rhetoric and no plan.

Marlboro, VT

#5 Feb 10, 2008

On Obama's website he outlines many plans for many, many aspects of American life from the fate of Rural America to his commitment to Net Neutrality.

Obama has vehemently spoken out against manipulative lobbying practices and pledges to clean up our House and Senate; I dont think that doing this is stereotypical at all.

Im not sure if you are intentionally slandering Obama with unjustified accusations, but for the sake of us all please actually stay as informed as your name states.
Frank in WA

Seattle, WA

#6 Feb 10, 2008
I cannot forgive Clinton her vote for the Iraq war, nor for the changing excuses and justifications that she has given for it. At the time of the vote, she claimed her experience at the White House gave her inside information on how dangerous Saddam was. As the war slowly turned into the mess that it is today, Clinton said that she had been personally reassured by the White House before the vote that the new law would be used to pressure Saddam into negotiations and not to go to war. Either Clinton is lying or she has less political acumen than the hundreds of thousands who were protesting in the streets. Now she says that if she knew then what she knows now, she would not have voted to authorize the war. I guess this makes her smarter than John Kerry was, but I'm not satisfied. There should have been admission that she was wrong and major apologies long before now. We've had eight years of a president who cannot admit that he's made a mistake, do we want four more? And now Clinton has voted for the Kyl-Lieberman measure that threatens Iran!
I am dismayed at the cowardliness of most democratic politicians in Congress. The Bush Administration has gotten much of what it wants through fear mongering, and the democrats do not stand up to him for fear of being labelled "soft on terror" or "not supporting our troops". I am disgusted. I came to support Obama principally because he could beat Clinton. I became excited about him when I learned that he wants to have direct talks with Iran and Syria without preconditions. Excellent! Someone who has the courage not to sabre-rattle. And he has introduced a resolution stating that no act of Congress, including Kyl-Lieberman, should be viewed as authorizing an attack on Iran. No doubt he will be called naive and soft on defense, but I agree with him and admire the fact that he has the courage to say these things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eliot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: South Berwick Dental - Robert J Orendor... (Jul '11) Wed Heather 6
Part Time Job Jul '16 Hallmark 1
News Guy Jumps From Brooklyn Bridge, Lives (Apr '16) Apr '16 wichita-rick 12
Alexis Barrios (Jun '15) Apr '16 Samsbella 3
News Portland artist's latest project turning heads ... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Jessie 1973 1
News Dona t overlook details of solar power contracts (Sep '15) Sep '15 Solarman 1
News Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck (Dec '14) Jun '15 Tired of paying 2

Eliot Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eliot Mortgages