City CafA© - Elgin, TX

City CafA - Elgin, TX

There are 4 comments on the Roadfood.com Reviews story from Feb 28, 2008, titled City CafA - Elgin, TX. In it, Roadfood.com Reviews reports that:

“The crust supporting this lemon meringue pie is fine and flaky, and the meringue on top is a tender cloud. I love the extreme yin-yang of sweet and tart in the filling.”

"In our never-ending search for the perfect chicken-fried steak, we hit a high standard at a table in the City Cafe. via Roadfood.com Reviews

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roadfood.com Reviews.

Steve T

Austin, TX

#1 Mar 1, 2008
Try the carrot cake at The City Cafe.
Anonymous

Cedar Park, TX

#2 Aug 30, 2008
Ok maybe the pies are good, if they ever have any when you go there. But don't expect any quality service or healthy items on the menu.
hereforgood

Orinda, CA

#3 Sep 7, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
Ok maybe the pies are good, if they ever have any when you go there. But don't expect any quality service or healthy items on the menu.
I don't live in Elgin anymore, but the service there was really starting to go down hill.
yuck

United States

#4 Feb 26, 2009
hereforgood wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Elgin anymore, but the service there was really starting to go down hill.
Yes, I still live in Elgin. City Cafe is going, going, GONE! Yuck! Have you ever seen their rolls? Oh my gosh, they are pretty much burnt EVERY time we get them. So we quit going about a one ago. Nasty!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pics Of Red Rock Jul 22 jim thompson 1
Childhood bully today? Jun 29 Sunnyb 1
Bastrop Sucks (Sep '09) Jun 29 Hostile Honeybun 33
Angela Birdwell Watson omg Jun 28 Kristin C 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
Old friends Jun '16 Bogard 1
Anyone know Jacqueline Porter? (Jan '16) May '16 Wooah 6

Elgin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages