First Prev
of 9
Next Last
someone who cares

Austin, TX

#167 Dec 17, 2010
I do get it. And, they were at someone's else home
and from what I heard through reading alot on
facebook pages, etc, that they were already inebreated before they arrived there. This happens
all too often these days with divorced families.
Both of these girls appeared to need way more adult
supervision since they had the propensity to abuse
alcohol and had way too much freedom that allowed them to get into trouble. Case in point! I have so
many friends with intact families and their kids
aren't running around all night on school nights drinking and getting into trouble. I have seen it
doesn't have to be that way. I would not have wanted the liablity of a bunch of drunken teens
staying the night at my home (can think of alot of
things to get you in trouble with that, even death
by alcohol poisioning) They SHOULD have called the
law on those kids and had them all hauled off to jail that night to make a BIG impression on them
for breaking the law. But, we know that was not gonna happen since their son was underage drinking, too. What happened happened and can't
be undone. It is just sad...sad that a young girl will never grow up, and that so many people
have been left hurting and scarred from this awful
trajedy. These are certainly different times we live in.
someone who cares

Austin, TX

#168 Dec 17, 2010
Back when we were growing up, our parents KNEW
where we were and knew what kind of people we
were hanging out with.Mom and dad were both there
to discipline together. Society today has developed this mentality
that the schools, and everybody should be
watching out over their children. It starts at home! Being a parent is tough, and unfortunately
too many people today with broken families and mom's trying to do it all themselves - can't handle it all effectively. We really as a society,
have done a huge disservice to our nation's children.
you are hateful

Dallas, TX

#169 Dec 17, 2010
Blah, Blah, Blah....whatever. Being you are so perfect and righteous. Broken homes....seriously? You have a bone to pick, go do it somewhere eles. What Would Jesus Do? Not get online and talk smack to a grieving Grandmother.

Show some respect.

And let's not even get into the fact you are some kinda stalker....getting online and reading teenagers facebook pages...Freak!

Done with you. Don't bother to reply.
Darin Hardy

Plano, TX

#170 Jan 2, 2011
Fault lies in many people; Family members who knew she was drinking. Those adults who supplied the alcohol. Those adults who did not call the police to make sure everyone returned home safe after the party. While my heart goes out to Amanda and Audrey. My heart also goes out to the 10's of thousands of people who suffer each year when a sober driver is murdered by a drunk driver. May everyone recognize the fault they had. May the law suits disapear. May the love return to the hearts. Last but not least, may these ignorant unproperly controled teenagers recognize that drinking has real consequences. Those involved in this crime will suffer damnation unless they come clean.
Darin Hardy

Plano, TX

#171 Jan 2, 2011
you are hateful wrote:
Blah, Blah, Blah....whatever. Being you are so perfect and righteous. Broken homes....seriously? You have a bone to pick, go do it somewhere eles. What Would Jesus Do? Not get online and talk smack to a grieving Grandmother.
Show some respect.
And let's not even get into the fact you are some kinda stalker....getting online and reading teenagers facebook pages...Freak!
Done with you. Don't bother to reply.
Jesus would stop hurling law suits. Jesus would not drink and drive. Jesus would not buy alcohol for teens. Jesus would not deflect blame. Jesus would not grieve in one hand and drink alcohol in the other like many of these teenage friends of Audrey are still doing. Jesus will however make sure everyone in charge of this incident pays by fire unless they atone for their sins.
With love from paige

United States

#172 Jan 26, 2011
Divorced..Broken home come on people are you serious? What about the Phillips son he was drinking also right? Look the fact is kids are going to do stuff without their parents knowlege divorced or not. I know I did.(and my parents stayed together until they passed away)She may of made a bad choice and paid the ultimate price but who hasnt at one time or another.The thing is the Phillips should be held responsible along with the others. I am grown and we had a party it made alot of people mad but we took all the keys away from ADULTS! Mom, grandmother and rest of the family I am so sorry for your loss I could not imagine the pain of losing a child. Audrey looked like she was a very sweet,loving,and smart girl. I am sorry I didnt get the chance to meet her. I know this late but I didnt know until I came across this web page I been out of touch for a long time. TO the Mom you are by far the strongest person I have ever met keep your head held high and dont listen to the stupid people or comments. I will keep you in my prayers love you shirley.
anonymous

San Marcos, TX

#173 Feb 6, 2011
I did not know Audrey but I knew Amanda. Amanda makes odd decisions but she is a great girl at heart. My best friend (a completely different girl) died last March from an alcohol-related death as well, and one thing I have learned is the last thing to do is place blame. I know my best friend would want no one to have to suffer legal or emotional blame, and from what I've heard Audrey sounds like that same type of girl who would want the same thing. It is so sad and I am so sorry to everyone that loved her and everyone that was involved. I just know what's done is done and the best thing everyone can do is love Audrey for who she was and not cause more trouble related to her death because she seems like the type of girl who would not want that. Drugs and alcohol are so scary and if people can learn from this that is some justice in itself. I can understand Audrey's family's pain and frustration though and I am so so sorry. <3 Love always
some who cares

Austin, TX

#174 Feb 7, 2011
Darin Hardy wrote:
Fault lies in many people; Family members who knew she was drinking. Those adults who supplied the alcohol. Those adults who did not call the police to make sure everyone returned home safe after the party. While my heart goes out to Amanda and Audrey. My heart also goes out to the 10's of thousands of people who suffer each year when a sober driver is murdered by a drunk driver. May everyone recognize the fault they had. May the law suits disapear. May the love return to the hearts. Last but not least, may these ignorant unproperly controled teenagers recognize that drinking has real consequences. Those involved in this crime will suffer damnation unless they come clean.
Amen to "may these ignorant, unproperly controlled teens finally
recognize that drinking underage has REAL painful consequences that
will affect everyone for the rest of their earthly lives!
None

Spring, TX

#175 May 10, 2011
There's alot of suing being done over an accident I dont see how money can bring back a life 2 ppl are being sued over this I dont see how they are responsible
God heals

Austin, TX

#176 May 11, 2011
Have not looked at this site in awhile. Just
wanted to say I surely hope and pray that
Audrey's family and friends have begun to try and
heal their broken hearts and move on....... Life
does go on for the living, and my wish is that
they can find peace and happiness again.
So many bad things happening in the world all around all of the time...... focus on doing good
and making a postive difference. The world is begging for it.
Austin TX

Round Rock, TX

#177 May 18, 2011
The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday (05/17/11)that the lawsuit was settled last week. No terms were released.
Patty

Missouri City, TX

#178 Apr 16, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
First, let us acquaint ourselves with some alarming statistics: 250,000 people have died in alcohol-related accidents in the past 10 years; 25,000 people die each year in alcohol related accidents; 500 people are killed weekly and 71 people daily in alcohol-related accidents; one American life is lost every 20 minutes in an alcohol-related car crash; and one out of every two Americans is likely to be involved in an alcohol-related accident in his lifetime. Every year, 708,000 persons are injured, 74,000 of them seriously, in alcohol-related crashes. About 2,000 people receive injuries each day in alcohol-related accidents.
What a ass you are to post this stupid comment. We know statistics, this does not prove you are smart...just stupid.
The grandmother wants information, not statistics!
Patty

Missouri City, TX

#179 Apr 16, 2012
You are an idiot.The grandmother was asing for information, not your statistics. Do you think this makes you smarter than everyone else?
mallorye

San Antonio, TX

#180 Jul 30, 2012
gramddaugher death is me there for all the accidents remember that like car accidents pretty
hard to the best right now is bad for me to rush to the hospital all lots of friends there for ne to the god the angel all the time to the waste to time there from me i feeling scared about nightmares to my dreams about it this is scary myself heartattack scares me out with the bleed yo my heart from breaking is so harder and harder all my life to do this to me it was easley i was crying i was little girl i hate to do this makes us trying goodbye from mallory mallory born in 1995 sweet sister name is sophie her born in 1993
mallorye

San Antonio, TX

#181 Aug 2, 2012
im grandduagher is me is me because everything makes me wanna crying so much harder and harde my real death for car accident and lost being killed then kidnapped and murder me so much harder then me then ever because somebody who cares about her im letting pass by this is it is time to go we are gonna miss her real life to me impartant to all the us to me what happend to me what happend to us the people this family im sorry all this all to me i wasint there too along i thinking im so scared of this for my own for my tears all the pains what is the point i need somebody i know for what to them
Always remember

Euless, TX

#182 Sep 11, 2013
Years later and I'm just now coming across this. Audrey was the best friend anyone could ask for. When we were in middle school I remember she would 'miss the bus' so she could come to my house and we would get my mom to drop her off. She was funny and there was never a dull moment. As we got into high school we kinda grew apart, but every time I saw her I always huged her! The week before this happened I remmeber running into her and taking and catching up. My mom is strict and always use to call us when we weren't home, but that didn't stop me from doing things I shouldn't do. When your young that's exactly what you are... Young. You make stupid mistakes. Like mine. When I first got my license and I got into a car accident. I failed to yield the right of way. When your young you don't think everything through. You think you know everything. You don't think of the future consequence, you just think of the now. Your suppose to be able to laugh about it later, learn from it, grow from it. It just so happened that this time the outcome was far to unfair and tragic. To this day I still find me hating Amanda. When I see her I roll my eyes. I pray one day God gives me the strength to let go. "Only the good die young". I've lost way to many friends, who were far to young. God clearly has a plan for Audrey and to this day, although its been years, I still can't make sense of it. May Audrey rest in peace and I believe karma will come to those who never faced justice. I can't believe that some of you can be so hateful and rude. Audrey is only guilty of being young. I love you Audrey. And I promise her family her legacy will live on in my member. Whenever I can I will take time to reflect on her beautiful life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 16 Farts 779
chainsaw massacre gas station Feb 13 freethinkradio do... 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Farts 614
BigBellyWomen Jan '15 bigdogbigweenie 1
Glen Clark - baseball player for the Austin Braves Jan '15 pgustaf249 1
john wesley mcree anyone knw Jan '15 bigboota 15
Woman Dies in Bastrop Camper Fire (Jul '09) Jan '15 reddyred 29
Elgin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web