Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds: D...

Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds: Dr. Paul Shrode's out, but his ...

There are 86 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 5, 2010, titled Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds: Dr. Paul Shrode's out, but his .... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

For three years, our county officials knew that former El Paso Medical Examiner Dr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Political morons

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Jun 6, 2010
The politicians who fought the fight to keep this quack on board need to be expelled.

Why is it , in a target rich environment, no really big drug cases are prosecuted by the state.

The "gang" injunction sure did get muffled didn't it!

Where is MEANINGFUL prosecution, transnational gangs and drug thugs when the region is abundant with targets!!??
VoteTC

United States

#2 Jun 6, 2010
Go TC and Stuart! Kick the bums out! Why are there no comments allowed on the article written by the incompetent "Welfare Cheese" Escobar? I guess the Times just wants to give her a chance to praise herself without comments from the readers. They have done all theay can to get her elected, after all. I can't vote for the weirdo Jaime Perez for county judge, so I'm going to write-in TC!
Pickle Dick

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 6, 2010
There's not enough people in El Paso who care about this issue. There's no leadership in the County that are in line with the authors of this article. A wrong has been done and has been exposed, but there will be no affect because the majority don't think this is a big deal. That's just the way it is.....
Just Me

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2010
You're so right, Pickle Dick! The elected officials will continue to be elected no matter how many of us don't vote for them. Great article Theresaand Stuart!
El Paso Citizen

El Paso, TX

#5 Jun 6, 2010
Thank you Theresa Caballero.
righton

El Paso, TX

#6 Jun 6, 2010
Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds are the voice of conscience of this community. The article was well put and right on.

Veronica Escobar, and Ana Perez and Esparza should be embararrased.
Haiduc

United States

#7 Jun 6, 2010
This "guest Editorial' is another eye opener of El Paso politics...and not a pretty but petty one. In the legal judicial world there are accusers and excusers. If the legal team Caballero & Leeds (Chair of the EP ETHICS Committee appointed by Judge Cobos?) had Dr. Schrode as a client, he would be Saint Schrode M.D. They would shout in their shrill singular voice of "he is innocent!" during their many press conferences.

The fact of the matter is: who would want the post to be a medical examiner (plus low take-home pay) of El Paso County??? It is a very messy and smelly job inside and outside of the El Paso County morgue. There are very few Forensic Pathologists in the USA and they deserve to be paid a commensurate salary of his/her education and very tedious training.
Any county morgue is not the Ducky C.S.I/ N.C.I.S. building as seen on TV but packed with the end of human lives by natural or unnatural causes. Therefore, it is not the scheme of certain local commissioners who hire/fire but more of a doctor that submits a resume to provide this most vital & necessary position.

Sadly, as El Paso does, El Paso gets. We have plenty of legals but in the case of illness or death who are you going to call?
righton

El Paso, TX

#9 Jun 6, 2010
The facts are the facts. Shrode is bad. The lawyers, Caballero and Leeds got hhim good. If he were smart Shrode would hire them.
crazy fool

Santa Teresa, NM

#10 Jun 6, 2010
" these officials continue to cover up their coverup, endangering lives, freedom and the sanctity of the courts."

LOL! It's lawyers who take criminals out of the jail cell and into the city who "endanger lives, freedom and the sanctity of the courts."

Because there are fools who believe her crazy rhetoric, she thinks she's the new sarah palin.
40s upgrade

United States

#11 Jun 6, 2010
i still think mrs caballero is hot
churchgoer

El Paso, TX

#12 Jun 6, 2010
Without an aggressive defense attorney, the innocent get convicted and the government runs amok.

I guess according to the above logic, there should be no defense attorneys and only prosecutors. But if you think about it, why bother having prosecutors if you don't have defense attorneys. Really you would only need the police making the accusation.

Victor Jimenez was not beeaten to death. He is alive and well and about to get out of prison because of Shrode's false testimony. Everyone in his neighborhood loves him.
outrage

Santa Teresa, NM

#13 Jun 6, 2010
I meant to say Victor Jimenez BEAT LORENZO FAVELA TO DEATH. wHERE IS THE SYMPATHY FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES? VICTOR JIMENEZ COMMITTED A CRIME AND A BOY IS DEAD AND HIS FAMILY AND NEIGHBORHOOD MOURNS HIM.
Just Me

United States

#15 Jun 6, 2010
outrage wrote:
I meant to say Victor Jimenez BEAT LORENZO FAVELA TO DEATH. wHERE IS THE SYMPATHY FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES? VICTOR JIMENEZ COMMITTED A CRIME AND A BOY IS DEAD AND HIS FAMILY AND NEIGHBORHOOD MOURNS HIM.
Are you sure THIS is what you're trying to say?
StarLight

United States

#18 Jun 6, 2010
Haiduc wrote:
This "guest Editorial' is another eye opener of El Paso politics...and not a pretty but petty one. In the legal judicial world there are accusers and excusers. If the legal team Caballero & Leeds (Chair of the EP ETHICS Committee appointed by Judge Cobos?) had Dr. Schrode as a client, he would be Saint Schrode M.D. They would shout in their shrill singular voice of "he is innocent!" during their many press conferences.
The fact of the matter is: who would want the post to be a medical examiner (plus low take-home pay) of El Paso County??? It is a very messy and smelly job inside and outside of the El Paso County morgue. There are very few Forensic Pathologists in the USA and they deserve to be paid a commensurate salary of his/her education and very tedious training.
Any county morgue is not the Ducky C.S.I/ N.C.I.S. building as seen on TV but packed with the end of human lives by natural or unnatural causes. Therefore, it is not the scheme of certain local commissioners who hire/fire but more of a doctor that submits a resume to provide this most vital & necessary position.
Sadly, as El Paso does, El Paso gets. We have plenty of legals but in the case of illness or death who are you going to call?
"They would shout in their shrill singular voice of "he is innocent!" during their many press conferences"
Not likely. Why does the messenger mean more to you than the truth in the message?
thinking

El Paso, TX

#20 Jun 6, 2010
I have been thinking out loud. For many years the coverage at the Times has been obviously slanted toward those in power via the Shapleigh, Caballero (Ray) group. Jaime Esparza gets lots of passes too.

Management at the Times has changed and with that change we have seen more responsible, un-baised, meaty reporting. For once, in many years, I feel like I know what is going on at the courthouse, the trials, the verdicts, etc. When trials are covered the paper follows through to the end. The paper appears to have covered whatevery murder trial regardless of the the attorneys are. It's no longer just Joe Spencer, Mary Stillinger, etc.

With the expanded, unbiased coverage I am reading a lot about Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds. Why just now do I know about all the good things they are doing and have done? But I know the answer. It is only now that the Times has decided it is going to play straight and porperly inform us on important matters.

I also see that there are many people who are angry that the truth is coming out. I would teach my children that people who don't like the truth and who fight against good, are bad people. Therefore these people are bad people.I see that they are angry that Caballero and Leeds are getting their proper mention.

I hope this policy at the Times continues. With this changed policy, will come goood change for El Paso.
Teresa Caballero problem

United States

#21 Jun 6, 2010
The self proclaimed hound from he88 needs to stay out of public affairs . SHE IS the worst thing here since toxic politics of Cobos, Luther Jones, Wardy ,Jobe,Asarco pollutors, Bush, Lozano has beens and other self serving power hungry weirdos try to work the system for their own cronies.
StarLight

Pea Ridge, AR

#22 Jun 6, 2010
Teresa Caballero problem wrote:
The self proclaimed hound from he88 needs to stay out of public affairs . SHE IS the worst thing here since toxic politics of Cobos, Luther Jones, Wardy ,Jobe,Asarco pollutors, Bush, Lozano has beens and other self serving power hungry weirdos try to work the system for their own cronies.
Pray tell, what about the Shrode story do you not like? Theresa Caballero? Figures. Good grief. I can hear the evil dripping from your eyes. To tell someone to stay out of "public" affairs means you want the government to run wild....and corruption is okay with you. Citizen watchdogs have long been a part of this wonderful country. Most people can't get people to listen. People seeking office, hoping to clean out corruption, are what keeps our government safe. It always turns out this way. Always.
StarLight

Newcastle, CA

#24 Jun 6, 2010
CV for TC wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop thinking and start “crying” out loud. Caballero has never met a judge, state or federal, whose orders she saw fit to obey.
Here’s an example of real “expanded, unbiased, proper mention” of Theresa Caballero:
REFERRING TO CABALLERO’S ABSENCE,[THE JUDGE] SAID,“IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, WHERE I KNOW FOR A FACT, NOTICES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED TO HER IN WRITING MANY TIMES. AND IN SPITE OF THAT, MANY TIMES, SHE HAS NOT BEEN PRESENT. AND WE HAVEN’T HAD A REASON.”
CABALLERO COULD NOT BE REACHED BY TELEPHONE ABOUT WHY SHE MISSED THE HEARING, BUT SHE RESPONDED IN AN E-MAIL LATE FRIDAY.
http://elpasoinc.com/ReadArticleSearch.aspx...
TC is like a permanent BP oil spill…she gushes and spews nothing but toxic, cancer-causing tar balls. Want to teach your children the difference between good and bad? Don’t bother. Caballero has no children, and she doesn’t know the difference either.
This is hash and re-hash!!!! She's already taken a beating on this and admitted responsibility. What do you want.

Let me tell you what bothers me. We each see her in such totally different light and I don't think she's a perfect person because no one person is. But you, you have an axe to grind and it's obvious. It sounds suspiciously like pure jealousy. I wonder why, that's all.
off topic

El Paso, TX

#28 Jun 6, 2010
More crazy Deborah Da'Vincent getting everyone off topic. Shrode is bad and the question is why did TC have to work so hard to make everyone see it? The elected officials should have done in their own.

Deborah crazy. This is what shut-ins do. They have no life of their own. She has become as withered in her mind as she is in limb.
La Policia

AOL

#32 Jun 6, 2010
thinking wrote:
I have been thinking out loud. For many years the coverage at the Times has been obviously slanted toward those in power via the Shapleigh, Caballero (Ray) group. Jaime Esparza gets lots of passes too.
Management at the Times has changed and with that change we have seen more responsible, un-baised, meaty reporting. For once, in many years, I feel like I know what is going on at the courthouse, the trials, the verdicts, etc. When trials are covered the paper follows through to the end. The paper appears to have covered whatevery murder trial regardless of the the attorneys are. It's no longer just Joe Spencer, Mary Stillinger, etc.
With the expanded, unbiased coverage I am reading a lot about Theresa Caballero and Stuart Leeds. Why just now do I know about all the good things they are doing and have done? But I know the answer. It is only now that the Times has decided it is going to play straight and porperly inform us on important matters.
I also see that there are many people who are angry that the truth is coming out. I would teach my children that people who don't like the truth and who fight against good, are bad people. Therefore these people are bad people.I see that they are angry that Caballero and Leeds are getting their proper mention.
I hope this policy at the Times continues. With this changed policy, will come goood change for El Paso.
Yes, the truth seems to finally be coming out. People's image of TC and Leeds as also beginning to improve. But there is still much to be uncovered at that courthouse. I am very familiar with many of the things that go on there. Recently, a judges son was arrested with a DWI and with unlawful carrying a concealed weapon. So what happened to that case? The DWI case was dismissed on a Pre Trial Diversion. I've heard that PTD are no longer given on DWI's. Well Maybe he was just a little drunk...hic. But, get this, the concealed weapon charge was also dismissed, and that one was because of insufficient evidence. I know one thing for sure, our Police know what a gun looks like. Oh, oh, do you think it could have just been a water gun? Get tnis, this guy just appeared on the Strelz radio talk show, explaing what DRO's are. He is the head of this department, a job that was made up special for him so he could have a job, no qualifications mind you...but his dad is a judge. These cases were dismissed by Judge Robert Anchondo, who just happens to be a close friend of the Judge. Now, do you know how things work?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone seen Mark Castro anymore (Mar '11) May '17 Xoxox 2
Dan Hisey Married A Man Apr '17 Jenny Craig 1
Investigator Randy McMillan (Jan '16) Mar '17 jallen5894 2
News Woman Dies in Bastrop Camper Fire (Jul '09) Mar '17 Taz5961 31
Elgin Music Thread (Mar '16) Feb '17 Musikologist 2
Review: Crossroads Animal Hospital - Greg Mayna... (Feb '09) Dec '16 Stands Behind Him 23
Johnathan Lee Hamilton is missing (Dec '16) Dec '16 AngieSH 1

Elgin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages