EISD?Board members survey football fi...

EISD?Board members survey football field, explore options

There are 2 comments on the The Elgin Courier story from Oct 17, 2008, titled EISD?Board members survey football field, explore options. In it, The Elgin Courier reports that:

Some of the Elgin Independent School District School Board members, Superintendent Bill Graves, Athletic Director Danny Lauve, Girls Coordinator Sherry Pfister, High School Principal Bobby Vasquez, Band ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Elgin Courier.

Sick

Pflugerville, TX

#1 Oct 17, 2008
Sick. That's what this idea is.

Elgin has a horrible education reputation.

Schools are bursting at the seams.

Children are in portable classrooms.

There are no sidewalks on 1100 or County Line road.

but hey, on the bright side,

There are 11 football coaches for 100 players, if only education had the same teacher student ratio.

Only one bid has been received? Someones family company is about to get a huge contract eh?

Sidewalks? Who needs them until someone gets hit and killed by a car right?

Sports are an integral part of school, no doubt. But how many kids out of every school make it to where they can have a career from sports? 1 or 2 every 5-10 years? Education is something every student needs, for the rest of their lives. Wake up and get your priorities straight! Spend the money where it benefits everyone, not just the glorified football players.

The residents have already spoken, they DONT WANT THE TURF!
cajun5

Cedar Park, TX

#2 Nov 12, 2008
I agree with Sick! I live here and hate it!

The school system really DOES NOT have its priorities in order! We need school books, good teachers, and an administration that will make a difference, not Astroturf!

Oh, and I guess that the sidewalks will become a hot priority when one of the students gets hit and injured or killed by a car! In my opinion, that will be a day late and a dollar short!

EISD really needs a complete overhaul!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did the Vitalogy Dermatology building star... Aug '17 Chestnut 1
Has anyone seen Mark Castro anymore (Mar '11) May '17 Xoxox 2
Dan Hisey Married A Man Apr '17 Jenny Craig 1
Investigator Randy McMillan (Jan '16) Mar '17 jallen5894 2
News Woman Dies in Bastrop Camper Fire (Jul '09) Mar '17 Taz5961 31
Elgin Music Thread (Mar '16) Feb '17 Musikologist 2
Review: Crossroads Animal Hospital - Greg Mayna... (Feb '09) Dec '16 Stands Behind Him 23

Elgin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages