trails end and brimstone

trails end and brimstone

Posted in the Elgin Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
info

Norfolk, VA

#1 Feb 9, 2013
Tell me whts goin on between them.....
Simple

Oakdale, TN

#2 Feb 9, 2013
info wrote:
Tell me whts goin on between them.....
Its very simple Mark Love is a prick
meee

United States

#3 Feb 10, 2013
You can tell this is Brimstone's way of trying to run Trails End out of business. That and greed. I've heard Mark and the Howard's haven't been getting along for a while now. I don't know whose fault it is, but this is a very immature way of settling it. Brimstone's image is ruined. Even if they try to go back to the old rules, the image is still there. This is a perfect example why nothing can exist in Scott Co. Greed and personal conflicts. It's all about the big shots wanting to get bigger.
info

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Dang certain and i have allways none what mark love really is.....say what you want but the county knows finally, i havent been up there in 3 years i had to quit giving em my money i grew up on that mountain now i don't want to be no weres near it
firsthand

Strunk, KY

#5 Feb 10, 2013
I know first hand how Mark Love is. I have a small business and Mr Mark wanted to buy a few things of mine he called me but then when I took it to him oh he had just paid somebody an didn't have the cash took me 2 weeks to get 300 dollars from him of stuff he wanted and from other people I have talked to they have had the same problem from him. He is a grade A prick and thinks he owns Huntsville who thinks we lowly poor people should now down and kiss his ass for bringing us the ability to ride on land that most of us have rode for free our whole lives anyway. Didn't take him long to pay me after I called and threaten to beat the money out of him to pay up lol.
It is so funny

Export, PA

#6 Feb 10, 2013
It seems that all anyone can do is blame Mark Maybe we should just blame all that are involved. There is two sides to this. Yes there has been trouble between the two businesses. But it is between them. I know for a fact that Mark has did a lot to help the community There is always a donation given to the fire departments and the rescue squads every year. Hey did you all forget Mark has partner in all this. All you ever hear from people in Scott County is how someone that has done good is a prick or something. If the people of Scott county would listen to both sides and get the truth I do believe you might be surpriced. Come on people wake up. Get the facts before you start running your mouth and I mean all the facts.
get real

Wartburg, TN

#7 Feb 10, 2013
It.s a shame but like the Bible says "the love of money is the root of all evil".
Simple

Oakdale, TN

#8 Feb 10, 2013
It is so funny wrote:
It seems that all anyone can do is blame Mark Maybe we should just blame all that are involved. There is two sides to this. Yes there has been trouble between the two businesses. But it is between them. I know for a fact that Mark has did a lot to help the community There is always a donation given to the fire departments and the rescue squads every year. Hey did you all forget Mark has partner in all this. All you ever hear from people in Scott County is how someone that has done good is a prick or something. If the people of Scott county would listen to both sides and get the truth I do believe you might be surpriced. Come on people wake up. Get the facts before you start running your mouth and I mean all the facts.
Who else could we blame for what Mark does should we blame you Mark only gets the blame for things he does
Football Fan

Deer Lodge, TN

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Seems pretty slimy to me, but one thing I do know is that these two have been fighting one another for a while now, and I know for a fact that both have been trying to get the upper hand on the other. I'd say they're both at fault and everyone rushing to say that this is just a power play by Mark Love for more money is just guessing. But I'd also say that this is gonna cost Brimstone some customers. Seems like they didn't anticipate how much backlash it was gonna cause and now they're too stubborn to backtrack. Or maybe they're hedging their bets on their customer base being so broad that this just won't hurt them.
Free the woods

Oneida, TN

#10 Feb 11, 2013
I really dont know whats going on,I rode up there once and that was when a man could get on his off road toy and ride all he wanted for FREE.Ive never been back they've been makin money off ther own people thats rode up there for years.Just remember people when the money bags come to big land owners and want to buy or rent your land,Better say no unless you want to pay to ride on your hilside.I'll just keep riding the free ones.
Football Fan

Deer Lodge, TN

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Free the woods wrote:
I really dont know whats going on,I rode up there once and that was when a man could get on his off road toy and ride all he wanted for FREE.Ive never been back they've been makin money off ther own people thats rode up there for years.Just remember people when the money bags come to big land owners and want to buy or rent your land,Better say no unless you want to pay to ride on your hilside.I'll just keep riding the free ones.
Of course, you are aware that had Brimstone not leased the land and started charging for access, no one would have access to it now? The only "free ones" are the ones where people are technically trespassing......like Chitwood. It's only a matter of time before you can't ride free at Chitwood, same as everywhere else. Brimstone only charges locals $15 per year for a permit. I'd much rather pay that than to lose access to Brimstone altogether.
info

Washington, DC

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Piss on brimstone recreation i guess ill just ride the ones for free till they do run out then go somweres else, i wouldnt give brimstone a penny from my check, can't believe that it has taken something like this to get everybodys attention
Done at Brimstone

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2013
We don't call ourselves a club or a group. But about two or three times a year we come to Trails End to camp and ride Brimstone. The majority of us buy annual passes becuase we travel down several times a year. Usually about 30 of us. Guess we want be spending money in Huntsville, TN this year.
sezme

Briceville, TN

#14 Feb 11, 2013
What!!
4x4 sweetie

Charlotte, NC

#15 Feb 11, 2013
Whoever is on here defending Mark, please remove your head from his ass before posting again. Anyone that can't see through the political BS that's going on here should probably go back to grade school. He is a selfish, greedy, slimy man and EVERYONE knows it!! The people at Trails End have bent over backwards to accommodate the riders. The head honchos of Brimstone, aka Mark Love, are acting childish and could care less what the riders and the community think and want!!
Atv rider

Wartburg, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you are aware that had Brimstone not leased the land and started charging for access, no one would have access to it now? The only "free ones" are the ones where people are technically trespassing......like Chitwood. It's only a matter of time before you can't ride free at Chitwood, same as everywhere else. Brimstone only charges locals $15 per year for a permit. I'd much rather pay that than to lose access to Brimstone altogether.
you better check again Permits went up last year for adults and children plus the event bracelets
It is so funny

Vienna, WV

#17 Feb 11, 2013
It is funny you say what you do 4x4 sweetie Lets look at the whole picture When parking lots are blocked or trails are blocked of. It is between to companies and they both have a right to run the business they own the way they want Its time for everyone to just look back and think about the real reason we ride and that is the friendships we build and the fun we have
how ignorant can you be

Charlotte, NC

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Parking lots blocked, trails blocked????? We ALL know where that info came from!! If you're referring to Trails End blocking trails or parking lots, that's NEVER happened!! I've been there for EVERY event and the only time anything has ever been blocked by TE was to allow ambulances to pick up and turn around. On the other hand, when my group was coming down from KY for the last event, Brimstone had the road blocked before you cross the bridge and directing everyone into THEIR campground
4x4 sweetie

Charlotte, NC

#19 Feb 12, 2013
It is so funny wrote:
It is funny you say what you do 4x4 sweetie Lets look at the whole picture When parking lots are blocked or trails are blocked of. It is between to companies and they both have a right to run the business they own the way they want Its time for everyone to just look back and think about the real reason we ride and that is the friendships we build and the fun we have
I'm glad that my group from KY are smart enough to see what you obviously don't!!
FedUp

Oak Ridge, TN

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, you are aware that had Brimstone not leased the land and started charging for access, no one would have access to it now? The only "free ones" are the ones where people are technically trespassing......like Chitwood. It's only a matter of time before you can't ride free at Chitwood, same as everywhere else. Brimstone only charges locals $15 per year for a permit. I'd much rather pay that than to lose access to Brimstone altogether.
Not true... the New River unit is open. It used to be a part of the original Brimstone. The Current Brimstone lease is a portion of the New River Unit of the WMA. The Brimstone Recreation lease is with TWRA. I for one, will petition TWRA to NOT renew the Brimstone Recreation lease.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fireman's fourth 3 min Sue 4
Bisexual women or Lesbians 58 min Lisa 6
Looking for land 3 hr Mope 3
Last Days 7 hr Psalms 36 1-6 141
Pioneer Hospital (Sep '15) 7 hr Wowzers 99
Brian Jeffers (Nov '10) 11 hr Brenda 8
Sarah Womble 11 hr Mr Tibbs 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages