Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms

Some Elgin residents have a new concern in the wake of Saturday's tornado outbreak. Full Story
Billy Bob

Georgetown, SC

#24 Mar 18, 2008
Shoot on site and shoot to kill!! You are well within your rights to protect your property!!!
Hello

United States

#27 Mar 18, 2008
Be careful in your threats to shoot to kill because in S.C. you can only shoot someone when your life is in danger. It`s the law ! You can hold them at gun point until the police gets their. You know how these shady attorneys are, they will turn everything around and make you the bad guy. I guess you could bust them up side the head a couple times before the cops come ? lol
Big Breezy

United States

#28 Mar 18, 2008
Good Luck Tina. We had damage in my neighborhood too and luckily have not had to deal with looters. God Bless you, your family and neighbors. Prayers Sent.

“IC U had a bowl of STUPID 2day”

Since: Mar 08

Pine Ridge

#32 Mar 18, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are.....and if you they cousin.....so are you.
Thats right Justice, keep showing everyone that you are IGNORANT

“IC U had a bowl of STUPID 2day”

Since: Mar 08

Pine Ridge

#33 Mar 18, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
u cant even speak correct english and your calling someone trash..pretty freaking ignorant!!
jamie

Columbia, SC

#35 Mar 18, 2008
thats the shiznit ...U GO GIRL!!!!
jamie

Columbia, SC

#36 Mar 18, 2008
Tina Shealy wrote:
I am the one that was interviewed on tv. Thanks to everyone that has made such nice comments about me and my family. To all of you that are making nasty comments, you need to walk a mile in the shoes of the people around me that have lost everything that they have worked all of there lives to earn. My neighbors who I was defending the husband was in Iraq fighting for our country and his family was defenseless. He and his family deserve to know that there property is safe. As for the diet comment that was so rude, I am on chemo and have a pump on to recieve my chemo, so even if I need to diet, you need to deal with what we as a community are dealing with and maybe offer some assistance to these families instead of writting nasty comments and offer prayers to all of us in SC that are dealing with this awful tradgedy.
U GO GIRL!!!!
NewberryMom

Augusta, GA

#37 Mar 19, 2008
I would do the same thing if it were my home needing to be protected from crazy looters. I'd shoot them right between the eyes, then call the cops and tell them to send a body bag.
NewberryMom

Augusta, GA

#38 Mar 19, 2008
Tina Shealy wrote:
I am the one that was interviewed on tv. Thanks to everyone that has made such nice comments about me and my family. To all of you that are making nasty comments, you need to walk a mile in the shoes of the people around me that have lost everything that they have worked all of there lives to earn. My neighbors who I was defending the husband was in Iraq fighting for our country and his family was defenseless. He and his family deserve to know that there property is safe. As for the diet comment that was so rude, I am on chemo and have a pump on to recieve my chemo, so even if I need to diet, you need to deal with what we as a community are dealing with and maybe offer some assistance to these families instead of writting nasty comments and offer prayers to all of us in SC that are dealing with this awful tradgedy.
I applaud you for taking care of your neighbor, you don't see neighbors helping neighbors anymore. I am keeping you in my pryaers, you and all of the tornado hit families. God Bless.
Jim Smith

Hartsville, SC

#40 Mar 19, 2008
Moral of the story: don't go looting and you don't run the risk of getting shot. Be safe and God Bless You Tina
Nathan Seifert

Tracy, CA

#42 Mar 19, 2008
Funny how the shotgun is larger than the video's in the image.. almost as if photoshopped.. I know reputable photographer journalists don't practice this, so I must be incorrect... right?
drunkbynoon

Charlotte, NC

#43 Mar 19, 2008
to all these morons/idiots posting the crap - shut up. something bad has happened and people need help and need to protect there homes. god forbid this happens to all you negative people on here, ya'll wouldn't be talking like this. and as for the town of elgin, i wouldn't want to live anyhere else.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#44 Mar 19, 2008
It's a shame when something like this happens and you have to worry about thugs coming out of the woodwork to try and take the things others have worked so hard for.
Dr Pepper

United States

#45 Mar 19, 2008
Beetlejuice wrote:
IS it really LEGAL to shoot a theft on someone esle's property?
What about the situation a couple of weeks ago?
Thanks in Advance for enlightening me......
Cops usually issue shoot on sight orders for looters, and rightfully so. I hope they can shoot the scum. Maybe take a pot shot a lawyer or two while they're at it.
BACKFIRE

United States

#46 Mar 19, 2008
looters should be shot on site and buried with the debris in the landfill. the scums that charge $50 for plywood and $5 for a bag of ice should also be shot!!!!!!
Unreal

Columbia, SC

#47 Mar 19, 2008
I am a resident of the town of Elgin and my family was extremely lucky as the tornado stopped about a mile and a half from my property... It is devistating to see the damage and to know the hurt and anguish these people are dealing with. One minute they are just living their lives and the next - it is all gone.

My family actually evacuated our house because yes it is a mobile home - and no - we are not white trash... the idiot that wrote the comment earlier - not everyone who lives in a mobile home is what you would consider white trash... Let's see, I graduated from high school, attended college, and obtained a Master's Degree... so why would I live in a mobile home? This is the house I grew up in and it is paid for on 5+ acres of land... why go in more debt????

So to all the residents of Elgin and to the Shealy family - hold your head up high - Elgin will rebound - we will rebuild our community... Tina - I am wishing you the best of luck with your treatments and your family is in our prayers... Stay strong...

If you don't belong in Elgin - then stay out of Elgin.

“Hey! Let me hold a dollar”

Since: Jul 07

Gaston, SC

#48 Mar 19, 2008
Obviously the reporter doesnt know firearm types. Its a shot gun not a rifle.

I don't blame Ms. Shealy a bit. I would do the very same if i were in the same circumstance. Athough I wouldnt shoot to kill. I'd aim to take off a hand or obliviate a knee cap.

“possum slayer”

Since: Feb 08

live in the woods

#50 Mar 19, 2008
Habit wrote:
Obviously the reporter doesnt know firearm types. Its a shot gun not a rifle.
I don't blame Ms. Shealy a bit. I would do the very same if i were in the same circumstance. Athough I wouldnt shoot to kill. I'd aim to take off a hand or obliviate a knee cap.
please do not shoot at a person unless you intend to kill them.
dead people cant sue
Meow

Hartsville, SC

#52 Mar 19, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
You are scum, looking to reap your entitlements from hard working people you are not worthy to insult and who you think owe you something for slavery! You take your cue, like all your type has done since Reconstruction, from the hucksters and other confidence men who came down here with carpet bags from areas like the Five Points in New York city. You throw your money and your votes to the first bleeding heart liar who'll tell you you deserve these entitlements without earning them.
Just by your own stupid way of acting we'll run into each other one day. At that time I'll be "your huckleberry"!!
Meow

Hartsville, SC

#53 Mar 19, 2008
I aint mad at you wrote:
Title of the story should read - over weight white women teaching child to use guns to kill. The cycle continues!
Maybe they should be dumbed down ignorant twits like you living off entitlements instead of good honest work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Sun friv 5 17
Friv 3 - Friv3 - Play Your Favorite Game Online... (Oct '13) Sun kizicode 16
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 8 mossad was hacked 1,150
Weekly Top Ten: What's Happening in the Midlands Jul '14 Adder 1
http://www.friv2ol.com Jul '14 Friv 2 2
Camden dentist drowns in Lake Wateree Jul '14 Leslie Daniels 1
kizi hot - The most fun game site today Jun '14 g9ghello 2
•••
•••

Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••