Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Some Elgin residents have a new concern in the wake of Saturday's tornado outbreak.
Comments
201 - 215 of 215 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2008
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#228 Mar 21, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
If I want something that is in your house I will come get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Pull all the weapons you want, but I come strapped with a Tec-9 son. You dont know nothin bout dat cuz.
LOL... You're funny... Did you get the 32 round magazine or go cheap and get the 10 round one? It's probably a good idea to carry a few spares. If you're using the 32 rd magazine, load short by a couple of rounds, to reduce spring tension. I'd suggest you modify the sear, because that 8/10ths of a second rate of fire on semi auto is going to be a little slow. Since they were mass produced out of Miami and are spring operated you may want to avoid over lubrication, that can lead to a excessive build up of powder residue, which could result in misfires or jamming. Basically if you're counting on what was originally a $200. piece of crap, without some modifications, you're in for a short haul.

“possum slayer”

Since: Feb 08

live in the woods

#229 Mar 22, 2008
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>come on out. cuz.
shovelhead, let me come play with you on this one.
I know you can handle it.
nothing says fun like a gangsta wanna be beeech peeing his pants.

“possum slayer”

live in the woods

#230 Mar 22, 2008
BWG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... You're funny... Did you get the 32 round magazine or go cheap and get the 10 round one? It's probably a good idea to carry a few spares. If you're using the 32 rd magazine, load short by a couple of rounds, to reduce spring tension. I'd suggest you modify the sear, because that 8/10ths of a second rate of fire on semi auto is going to be a little slow. Since they were mass produced out of Miami and are spring operated you may want to avoid over lubrication, that can lead to a excessive build up of powder residue, which could result in misfires or jamming. Basically if you're counting on what was originally a $200. piece of crap, without some modifications, you're in for a short haul.
im more of an old fashioned kinda guy. pump,bolt,revolver.
i like that sense of security you have with less activity going on with the weapon. as you know it only takes one good shot, and I have that covered.

“Hey! Let me hold a dollar”

Since: Jul 07

Gaston, SC

#231 Mar 22, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
If I want something that is in your house I will come get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Pull all the weapons you want, but I come strapped with a Tec-9 son. You dont know nothin bout dat cuz.
LOL

thats nothing if you can't get close enough to use it.

Most Country folks have rifles with eye pieces.. Drop ya a$$ from 400 yards.

Yeah partner thats 4 football feilds away.

--Headline reads--
"Thug found shot, packing a gun fully loaded"
I Fear No Ho

AOL

#232 Mar 22, 2008
CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
<quoted text> lol the dog will bark you will shiit your self and when your still trying to figure out to take the safety off you will feel a warm sensation running down your neck as you look to the ground and see that your left ear has been
surgically removed by a bullet FOOL !
First off, your dog would be the first thing shot. Let's see, dog vs. gun? Are you serious? If I want something I will get it. Plain and simple. Your shotgun is not going to stop me. My people and I come with automatic weapons. The only thing you would be able to do is duck and cover. My point is, if somebody wants something bad enough, they are going to get it.
I Fear No Ho

AOL

#233 Mar 22, 2008
Habit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
thats nothing if you can't get close enough to use it.
Most Country folks have rifles with eye pieces.. Drop ya a$$ from 400 yards.
Yeah partner thats 4 football feilds away.
--Headline reads--
"Thug found shot, packing a gun fully loaded"
So I guess you are up all the time? A rifle that can shoot four football fields aint much good if you are not holding it. You would never even see me coming. I am not saying I am going to do it, but dont be a fool. If someone wants to get you they will.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#234 Mar 22, 2008
simple man forever wrote:
<quoted text>
shovelhead, let me come play with you on this one.
I know you can handle it.
nothing says fun like a gangsta wanna be beeech peeing his pants.
we'll just have ourselves a party. the DA (dumass) can be the guest of dishonor.

“Where am I???”

Nassau, Bahamas

#235 Mar 22, 2008
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>we'll just have ourselves a party. the DA (dumass) can be the guest of dishonor.
Please, please, can we attend?
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#236 Mar 22, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
Bring it....

“possum slayer”

live in the woods

#237 Mar 22, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, your dog would be the first thing shot. Let's see, dog vs. gun? Are you serious? If I want something I will get it. Plain and simple. Your shotgun is not going to stop me. My people and I come with automatic weapons. The only thing you would be able to do is duck and cover. My point is, if somebody wants something bad enough, they are going to get it.
bring it or stfu beeech

“possum slayer”

live in the woods

#238 Mar 22, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you are up all the time? A rifle that can shoot four football fields aint much good if you are not holding it. You would never even see me coming. I am not saying I am going to do it, but dont be a fool. If someone wants to get you they will.
the only fool is you.
bring it or stfu
break off your mamas saggy old teet and come on.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#239 Mar 22, 2008
hummingbird857 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, please, can we attend?
the more the merrier.

Gaston, SC

#240 Mar 22, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken!

But remember Karma's a B!tch.
What goes around comes around always.
Fat Lady

Elgin, SC

#241 Mar 23, 2008
I agree with those who are wondering about reports of looting. There's a real news story in there. Sheriff McCaskill said he had no reports of looting on Tuesday morning, but about one hour after that, I caught a looter sneaking onto the backside of my property. He ran off when I yelled (luckily for me). When the deputy arrived (about 15 minutes after calling dispatch), he told me they had "lots and lots" of reports about looting. My question is: Are they only counting the reports where they catch someone, or are they counting all the calls about looting? I guess it's not really an issue now, but if there is ever a next time...

Gaston, SC

#242 Mar 24, 2008
Fat Lady wrote:
I agree with those who are wondering about reports of looting. There's a real news story in there. Sheriff McCaskill said he had no reports of looting on Tuesday morning, but about one hour after that, I caught a looter sneaking onto the backside of my property. He ran off when I yelled (luckily for me). When the deputy arrived (about 15 minutes after calling dispatch), he told me they had "lots and lots" of reports about looting. My question is: Are they only counting the reports where they catch someone, or are they counting all the calls about looting? I guess it's not really an issue now, but if there is ever a next time...
I guess its over . The Fat lady has sung?

*Wink*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Aug 24 Friv 4 16
Friv 3 - Friv3 - Play Your Favorite Game Online... (Oct '13) Jul '14 lovekute 14
Weekly Top Ten: What's Happening in the Midlands Jul '14 Adder 1
http://www.friv2ol.com Jul '14 Friv 2 2
Camden dentist drowns in Lake Wateree Jul '14 Leslie Daniels 1
kizi hot - The most fun game site today Jun '14 g9ghello 2
•••
•••

Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elgin People Search