Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residen...

Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms

There are 215 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Some Elgin residents have a new concern in the wake of Saturday's tornado outbreak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#208 Mar 20, 2008
too much hype wrote:
Did WLTX even care to call Kershaw County Sheriff's office to see if they had any reports of looting? That's because there aren't any. Sheriff McCaskill has had deputies out there 24/7 since Saturday night. They were even there during the height of the storm. They are doing a great job protecting the properties.
The word is out now that the residents are armed, so I doubt there will be any reports. They will move on to other areas that are unprotected. They may be doing a great job of protecting the property (and maybe if our National Guard troops were actually home where they belong instead of being overseas doing the job that the full-time military needs to be doing), they would be at home to protect their friends and neighbors.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#209 Mar 20, 2008
And, Tina...

Just be sure to make it a kill shot. Don't want to leave any witnesses to tell their stories to a bleeding-heart Liberal jury.

If it were up to most of these people, only the criminals would have guns.
storm clouds

Orangeburg, SC

#210 Mar 20, 2008
735stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is out now that the residents are armed, so I doubt there will be any reports.
From what I was told, there were never any reports of looting. Even before the residents took up arms.
Warning Shot

Swansea, SC

#211 Mar 20, 2008
All looters should be shot, stuffed and placed in the front yard of the shooter as a warning to the others.

“Support your Local Warlock”

Since: Feb 08

Where are we again?

#212 Mar 20, 2008
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>i agree, Stacey. Elgin is my home too and I would be very happy to know i had neighbors that would protect my home and property if i wasn't home.
for all the people using this as an excuse to make jokes or smart comments, just wait til a tornado visits your neighborhood and tell me then if you think it's funny to lose your home.
it won't matter if it's a mobile home or a mansion. people work hard to pay for what they can afford, and it contains their possessions and life's memories. homeless is homeless.
i was very lucky with minimal damage. but some of my neighbors weren't so lucky. all you jokesters and smarta$$es should have taken a ride up here the day after. maybe you wouldn't think it's so funny.
you rock, Tina.
Well said shovelhead .. BRAVO !.... MAN.... BRAVO!!!

“SUNDANCE ”

Since: Nov 07

CAPITAL CREW 1%er

#213 Mar 20, 2008
I guess that means I can't fill my truck up with "free stuff"

Where are we again?

#214 Mar 20, 2008
WARLOCK wrote:
I got a barrel for ya to pick up lol...Interested???

rwwllms

“If you can't be a good example”

Since: Mar 07

be a warning

#215 Mar 21, 2008
WARLOCK wrote:
Sure you can. In fact them folks in Elgin are so friendly that when they see you filling up your truck with free stuff they will be so kind as to fill you up with free lead.
Renko

Columbia, SC

#216 Mar 21, 2008
Mom Of 2 Boys wrote:
<quoted text>I find it hard to believe that you have a brain
I know what you have in common with concrete blocks.
I Fear No Ho

AOL

#217 Mar 21, 2008
If I want something that is in your house I will come get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Pull all the weapons you want, but I come strapped with a Tec-9 son. You dont know nothin bout dat cuz.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Elgin, SC

#218 Mar 21, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
If I want something that is in your house I will come get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Pull all the weapons you want, but I come strapped with a Tec-9 son. You dont know nothin bout dat cuz.
come on out. cuz.
I Fear No Ho

AOL

#219 Mar 21, 2008
I will come up in with you chillin son, and you wont do nuthin. Im mysterious thts how i creep yo s hit patna.

rwwllms

be a warning

#220 Mar 21, 2008
Renko wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you have in common with concrete blocks.
A good solid foundation with God, Family, and Community?

It's a pity you don't.

rwwllms

be a warning

#221 Mar 21, 2008
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>come on out. cuz.
Are you really that stupid? bringing a handgun to an assault rifle fight.

Why don't you just bring a pocket full of rocks. Oh, that's right. I forgot. The rocks are in your head.

rwwllms

be a warning

#222 Mar 21, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
I will come up in with you chillin son, and you wont do nuthin. Im mysterious thts how i creep yo s hit patna.
How cute! Some ghetto banger thinks he knows how to survive in the country.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Elgin, SC

#223 Mar 21, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
as i said, come on out. patna.

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Elgin, SC

#224 Mar 21, 2008
rwwllms wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute! Some ghetto banger thinks he knows how to survive in the country.
this guy isn't even ghetto. he's a ghetto wannabe. he makes ghetto look good.
Dianne

Sumter, SC

#225 Mar 21, 2008
shovelhead wrote:
<quoted text>this guy isn't even ghetto. he's a ghetto wannabe. he makes ghetto look good.
He clearly has no idea what a country girl is capable of.

Where are we again?

#226 Mar 21, 2008
I Fear No Ho wrote:
If I want something that is in your house I will come get it, and there is nothing you can do about it. Pull all the weapons you want, but I come strapped with a Tec-9 son. You dont know nothin bout DAT cuz.
lol the dog will bark you will shiit your self and when your still trying to figure out to take the safety off you will feel a warm sensation running down your neck as you look to the ground and see that your left ear has been
surgically removed by a bullet FOOL !

“IC U had a bowl of STUPID 2day”

Since: Mar 08

Pine Ridge

#227 Mar 21, 2008
Renko wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you have in common with concrete blocks.
I could care less about what you have to say. Why don't you take some concrete blocks, tie them to your feet and drown yourself in the nearest lake or river.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
belton green Oct '17 VANESSA101 1
News Rep. James Smith becomes first Democrat to ente... Oct '17 Paul russo 1
Review: Bulldog Towing (Sep '12) Mar '17 Disappointed Car ... 7
Amy Marie Crocker (Mar '17) Mar '17 Jazzy jazz 1
News Town might ease tobacco ban (Jan '09) Jan '17 TruthBeTold 83
Is there a Step in the House? (Nov '16) Nov '16 the Dyslexic 2
DEA at econolodge (Oct '16) Oct '16 Unknown 1

Elgin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance