Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Some Elgin residents have a new concern in the wake of Saturday's tornado outbreak.
Comments
1 - 20 of 215 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2008
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
American

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

This type of behavior by the inferior masses is why I will protect myself with my gun. I have a right to protect myself and my property and will do so inspite of the wimps who say we must control honest gun owners from their right to bear arms.
Just me

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Ok, thanks a lot for inviting looters to Elgin. This was something that shouldn't have been reported. All they had to do is beef up security and arrest the looters.
Jimmy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Before we sent our National Gaurd overseas didn/t they gaurd disaster sites with orders to shoot loters on ite?
Perhaps homeowners her hould have that option. Anyone stealing from those down and out needs public lynching.I have no sympathy for skum like that!!!!
Warning Shot

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Elgin isn't New Orleans. Looting won't work here, you will get shot. Lot's of people in this area are very well armed and they will shoot first and ask questions at the morgue. If you value you time above ground, DON'T LOOT!!!
Honest One

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

If they catch someone looting , I hope they shoot and don't miss and kill the thief . That's the best way to stop the scum bag thugs ! Our court system sure won't punish them ! Aim good and pull the trigger .

“IC U had a bowl of STUPID 2day”

Since: Mar 08

Pine Ridge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Latrick wrote:
Threats of Looting Have Elgin Residents Taking Up Arms, Not Dieting.
Are you trying to be funny or something?? I am a relative of the Shealy family. Tina has colon cancer and we can all do without the smart mouthy comments.

“IC U had a bowl of STUPID 2day”

Since: Mar 08

Pine Ridge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Spare Me wrote:
White trash guarding their mobile homes
They are nowhere near being WHITE TRASH and do not live in a mobile home. I am a relative of the family. By the way, it takes trash to know what trash looks like.
Shame on YOU

Newberry, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Spare Me wrote:
White trash guarding their mobile homes
You have NO clue to whom you are speaking about. If its about the Lady pictured holding the gun with this article you are dead wrong. She comes from a wealthy family and she does not live in a mobile home.

Most of the homes lost and/or damaged were not Mobile Homes. BUT If they were it does'nt matter. Those people that live in Mobile homes wake up every day and put there pants on just like you do. You are no better than they are if you live a house.

As Matter of fact your comment showed just how low life you are.

Get a Life and Stop being so RUDE!!!
Shame on YOU

Newberry, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Latrick wrote:
That Family is full of wonderful people and they need your prayers not your stupid remarks. They have been through a lot before the storm hit and now they have to deal with the damages left behind.

Prayers being sent up for the Shealy/ Brazell Family as well as all of Elgin's Community!
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Ah, my kind of justice. Pull the trigger now and ask questions later. Great way to get the thugs off the street.
Beetlejuice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

IS it really LEGAL to shoot a theft on someone esle's property?

What about the situation a couple of weeks ago?

Thanks in Advance for enlightening me......

“Support your Local Warlock”

Since: Feb 08

Where are we again?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

if it's that big of a worry then yes the national guard or state troopers should be called in to protect their homes
the public could do it but what happens when someone gets shot and killed ?
this is why you pay taxes, to be protected and have services there in place when you need them. the government has failed the people once again !
any county that has homes that are destroyed should be guarded despite how small they may be.
it is a right not a privilege...
maybe we should bring civil defence back !
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Tomfoolery wrote:
Ah, my kind of justice. Pull the trigger now and ask questions later. Great way to get the thugs off the street.
Who made the threats of looting ?
Raggedyann

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Latrick wrote:
MORON!! You should be THANKING GOD that you are ok instead of being a smart A$$!!!
Tina Shealy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

I am the one that was interviewed on tv. Thanks to everyone that has made such nice comments about me and my family. To all of you that are making nasty comments, you need to walk a mile in the shoes of the people around me that have lost everything that they have worked all of there lives to earn. My neighbors who I was defending the husband was in Iraq fighting for our country and his family was defenseless. He and his family deserve to know that there property is safe. As for the diet comment that was so rude, I am on chemo and have a pump on to recieve my chemo, so even if I need to diet, you need to deal with what we as a community are dealing with and maybe offer some assistance to these families instead of writting nasty comments and offer prayers to all of us in SC that are dealing with this awful tradgedy.
demi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

You go,Tina! Pity the fool who thinks they can take what's yours! I feel the same way. These things that crawl out from under the rocks, to take advantage of the bad things happening to good people, deserve anything that happens to them. Defend your own!

“SUNDANCE ”

Since: Nov 07

CAPITAL CREW 1%er

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Actually I was kidding....My family owns property in Elgin...so all thugs are cordially invited to come out to my momma's house...IT WILL BE A BLAST...SHE WON'T MISS.
Tina Shealy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Just me wrote:
Ok, thanks a lot for inviting looters to Elgin. This was something that shouldn't have been reported. All they had to do is beef up security and arrest the looters.
I have been in contact with Steve Mackaskill our Chief of Police for Kershaw County today and also getting FEMA in here and National Guard Troops to help out and fight this problem. MY intention was not to invite looters in, but to protct my neighbors. The sheriffs department has already posted police all up and down the affected roads. I am sorry if you were offended, but not enough is being done to help my neighbors and I feel if someone doesn't step up and be a spokeperson for this area things will only become worse.
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Just me wrote:
you need to shut up!! im in the vedio with my mom stop talking about your self!!
Say What

Prosperity, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Tina Shealy wrote:
I am the one that was interviewed on tv. Thanks to everyone that has made such nice comments about me and my family. To all of you that are making nasty comments, you need to walk a mile in the shoes of the people around me that have lost everything that they have worked all of there lives to earn. My neighbors who I was defending the husband was in Iraq fighting for our country and his family was defenseless. He and his family deserve to know that there property is safe. As for the diet comment that was so rude, I am on chemo and have a pump on to recieve my chemo, so even if I need to diet, you need to deal with what we as a community are dealing with and maybe offer some assistance to these families instead of writting nasty comments and offer prayers to all of us in SC that are dealing with this awful tradgedy.
Ignore the idiots. I hope you, your family, friends and neighbors don't suffer any more losses. Good luck on your recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Elgin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••