Lugoff-Elgin Water Authority Wants Customers To Cut Back

Full story: WLTX Columbia 9
For many, it's a place to play and to relax. But more importantly, Lake Wateree is the water source for two towns: Lugoff and Elgin. Full Story
cin

United States

#1 Jun 8, 2007
NEXT!
L McElveen

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2007
I just watched the news on this issue. I personally know the neighbor and yard that was presented and find that the yard that the pictures were shown were greatly misrepresented. This yard was not being watered by Lugoff-Elgin Water but by a well they have in thier backyard. I also believe that the example used by the Director-Mr. Hancock to conserve water is very poor.The example he gave by not using fountains to conserve water was also absurd. A water fountian recycles its own water and only periodically you have to add to it to continue this cycle and the amount used is very minimal.It is a shame that this neighbor in Lugoff was misrepresented in this story and I belive that WLTX owes her an apology. It portrayed her as utilizing city water to water her lawn when in deed she told the reporter that she was using a well. I sole heartly believe that if we are in a draught situation we must try to conserve water and abide by petitions or ordinances made but misrepresenting a neighbor is wrong.
spike1962

West Columbia, SC

#4 Jun 9, 2007
Nuff said...POW!!!
white american girl

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2007
does this apply to people that have wells.
Scott

Lebanon, IN

#6 Jun 9, 2007
Will Frampton is the best reporter you have! Keep it up Will!
Waterboy

Columbia, SC

#7 Jun 12, 2007
I'm going to wash all my vehicles more often!
Nick

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 19, 2007
As a paying customer who always pays what is owed to the water company. As well as all federal, state and local taxes. I don't care how much rain we have or have not had beacuse I am not paying for rain, I am paying for a service. If I want to water my grass or wash my car with the water that I am paying for I have every right to and I will. Tough break L-E Water Authority for not having enough rain. I didn't make enough money last money, can I impose restrictions on my bill..come on? If you don't like the water system you have in place or if it can not meet the demands of the community...change it, its your job.
KCRESIDENT

Marion, SC

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Who is over the water board in Kershaw county. We have incompetant water employees who need to be fired! MY TAXES pay their salaries. We need to ALL get together and meet @ one of thier meetings and demand they be fired! How dare they think they can run the water authority how THEY deem fit! Time for a change! Meet me @ the next water meeting!
Virginia

Lugoff, SC

#10 Sep 24, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone else who is a Lugoff-Elgin water customer thinks the water tastes like dirt. Also, do you lose your water at different times of the day while showering or washing dishes...or watering your flowers or gardens....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Tue johndaviteu 30
Clark brendle Feb 1 Toni T 1
Hampton W. Rookard, Freedom Fighter and an Orig... (Jun '10) Jan '15 FourOmega 3
Brendle Jan '15 Patti 6
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lugoff, SC (Aug '10) Jan '15 Ned Roberts 61
Looking for LaVance Washington aka Cortes Jan '15 Ash 2
Friv 3 - Friv3 - Play Your Favorite Game Online... (Oct '13) Dec '14 lukyvc 22
Elgin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News