Students Raise Money for Teacher, Sol...

Students Raise Money for Teacher, Soldier Whose Dream Home Was ...

There are 23 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Students Raise Money for Teacher, Soldier Whose Dream Home Was .... In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The teacher and soldier who lost their 220-year-old dream home in Saturday's severe weather are getting the help of some Belaney Elementary students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chicken

Myrtle Beach, SC

#21 Mar 21, 2008
I think a nice thoughtful "thinking of you" card from the children suffices in these circumstances. Not cash!
What

Columbia, SC

#22 Mar 21, 2008
Chicken wrote:
I think a nice thoughtful "thinking of you" card from the children suffices in these circumstances. Not cash!
I agree!! Donate the cash to Red Cross to help all victims!!!
Elm City

Columbia, SC

#23 Mar 25, 2008
I'm personally very grateful for Mr. Burnham's and all the sacrifices of our military personnel, and saddened at the losses he and many other families are facing as a result of the storms. If you consider the military's granting of thirty days emergency leave special treatment, remain blissful in your ignorance.

I was in Lebanon when the marines got bombed by a radical nut. I know all to well about the military and what is and is not normal. There was no go home card for family emergencies for anyone it was a "warzone". The military is a job if you read the State paper some weeks back you would have understood that more than most go in for FINANCIAL reasons and not some kind of call to duty! These young people cant find jobs thats why most decide to enlist. You get caught up in the idea of patriotism and allow a guy like bushie to have the power to now send those young people to fight a war and die because of their limited resources. The very reason for us going in the first place has changed so many times no one can remember but I know this. WE are losing our homes at an alarming rate. We are paying over 3 bucks for a gallon of gas. WE are IN a recession! Milk is nearly 4.50. I know that bush has done more to destabilize the World than any other president in recent memory. Five years and 4000 dead and when he was gov. of Texas he presided over the most executions carried out!
I'm ignorant ? Look in the mirror...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lugoff, SC (Aug '10) Jun 26 joseph cline 63
Poll Should the Confederate Flag be taken down at th... Jun 24 jrwatson16le 0
Looking for LaVance Washington aka Cortes (Dec '14) Jun 21 Sneaks 3
News Kershaw deputies arrest two in heroin investiga... Jun 13 fiveO 1
News Kershaw County deputy charged with illegally ob... (Apr '06) May '15 IDFWU 12
M Pinkham May '15 Liberty4UandMe 3
Clark brendle Feb '15 Toni T 1
More from around the web

Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages