Do the cops in Antelope County do a g...

Do the cops in Antelope County do a good job?

Created by good lookin on Feb 5, 2009

144 votes

Click on an option to vote

No

Hell No

Yes

Sometimes

Debbie

Lawrence, KS

#21 May 1, 2009
I am so glad I came back to visit this site, you people just don't quit do you???? Crab, Crab, Crab, Crab! Take a happy pill already or go drink some of your moonshine so you forget how miserable you all have it up there!
good lookin

AOL

#22 May 3, 2009
Debbie wrote:
I am so glad I came back to visit this site, you people just don't quit do you???? Crab, Crab, Crab, Crab! Take a happy pill already or go drink some of your moonshine so you forget how miserable you all have it up there!
It nice to know that you chose to come back and bitch some more.
Aunt Matilda

Norfolk, NE

#23 May 3, 2009
Wow good lookin, Debbie must have fell in a bucket a crap as she still smells lke it. No wonder she has not been on here for awhile she now has crabs. Did you read that? Also sounds like maybe pills are her answer to being happy. You say your miserable Debbie well they tell me tht Benadryl helps with the itch.
unclewoody

Flossmoor, IL

#24 Jun 24, 2009
whats wrong with this.Hamilton took upon himself to trade 2003 cop car for a trade in and gets 700 dollars for it. y didn't they put it up for sealed bids or public auctions like they have in the past. That reminds me of a supervisor that sold a good backhoe for 500 dollars to a friend.I can find allot of people that would have paid more for those items.
undercover

Chicago, IL

#25 Oct 8, 2009
The cops in neligh are very crooked! One of them got caught breaking in to schools around the area. He only got a 3 day suspension and is still a cop there. He is one of the most judge mental a** holes i've ever met. P.O.S
Childflower

Tecumseh, KS

#26 Oct 23, 2009
Aunt Matilda....you shouldn't say stuff like that about your kin....Debbie loves you dearly......Crabs run in the family, huh????
Freddie

Milford, NE

#27 Oct 28, 2009
Why is there somany kansas people talking about nebraska who asked them and who cares what they have to say its not there problem go away we never asked you

“I like it here!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#28 Oct 30, 2009
Freddie wrote:
Why is there somany kansas people talking about nebraska who asked them and who cares what they have to say its not there problem go away we never asked you
wowfreddiethatisalottosayinone longrunonsentencegobackunderyo urrockandgobacktosleep
Mr _to_you_son

Omaha, NE

#29 Nov 11, 2009
Antelope "big guns" have always sucked. They walk with a swagger and forget they are not in the "big city" nor are they the "cream of the crop". No, they are small town cat protectors and cattle responders. They would never be able to run with real cops in a hard setting. Mostly they are biased overweight people that more likely were law breaking scum themselves 4 years before their turn towards keeping the piece.
Yes, most times they know to many of the town residents to closely and the favortism of a small town sets in.
Do your job you fat ugly uniform wearing retards and you'd have less hate towards you. Really, is policing the Clearwater Rodeo parking the most you can do??
Curious2

United States

#30 Nov 21, 2009
JaySilentBob wrote:
Mike Long is not the "long dick of the law". he is a bully and needs to be removed from this county. This county is the most crookedest counties around here. If mike long wouldnt be here, i think the cops wouldnt be as bad. We have a major problem in our county and something needs to be done immediately!!!
I AGREE! But nothing has EVER been done to my knowledge to "clean up" this mess. The people who vote (or don't) have a responsibility here.

Experiences with the sheriff's department? My friend hit a deer and Antelope Co. REFUSED to come. They said they had no one available.(Which I suppose could happen) But it was 1 1/2 hours before State Patrol showed up. Surely someone from the county could have been available in that amount of time. This is a sad county when it comes to law enforcement. That goes for the Neligh cops as well.
Curious2

United States

#31 Nov 21, 2009
name witheld wrote:
I called once for assistance after a person had damaged a pickup of mine by jumping on top of the hood, smashing it completely. It aiso had many missing parts in it. I was told by the deputy on duty that there was nothing they could do and I should talk to a lawyer and sue for damages since it was a civil matter and not criminal. Have not called them again!
CIVIL?? It's called Criminal Mischief and it is a crime. Idiots.
Curious2

United States

#32 Nov 21, 2009
name witheld wrote:
I called once for assistance after a person had damaged a pickup of mine by jumping on top of the hood, smashing it completely. It aiso had many missing parts in it. I was told by the deputy on duty that there was nothing they could do and I should talk to a lawyer and sue for damages since it was a civil matter and not criminal. Have not called them again!
Oh, I forgot.... the missing parts...THEFT!
James Waldrop

United States

#33 Dec 8, 2009
The Neligh cops are very un professional, they need to find something better to do than harass the children of Neligh, they need to follow the rights of the citizens, instead of violating their rights to make illegal arrests, so they can seem as if they are doing their job. Very Pathetic

Since: Dec 09

United States

#34 Dec 18, 2009
The cops in Elgin, Neligh, Petersburg, and Albion have nothing better to do than harass people.
noname

Riceville, TN

#35 Dec 28, 2009
Antelope county cops are horrible, CROOKED is definatly the best adjective to be used for the entire system really. I recently had a problem where an antelope county officer told me that if i were to file a "complaint" there would not be charges pressed against the individual, that it would simply notify them that police were now involved, In fact I did not even personally contanct this officer, she called my home because another person was makeing a complaint or so they thought it was only a complaint, that involved my property, and although I had said I didnt think it was necessary she assured me it was just precautionary and chages would NOT be pressed. Turns out she lied. I did not want to press any charges on this kid at all and i think that it could really mess up his life. I called mike long and he threw out a big speal about the US bank case, which was not at all revelvent, the person who initated all this trouble recently called to drop all charges. They couldnt because mike long had picked up the case, he said the charges were staying put because of this kids previous record. He obviously did'nt even know what his record was because he only has an MIP. This kid is being charged with assult for an argument over an exgirlfriend even though the person who originally contacted police wanted to drop everything. Im not even sure he was aware that actual charges had been pressed. Mike long told me that the assult charges were the only ones he was being charged with but his ticket says right on it criminal tresspassing. Long's excuse for everyone having different information which everyone involved had to seek out as they werent informed of ANYTHING, is that things get lost in translation over the phone. which is also a lie he knew what he told everyone that had called and he didnt count on us relaying what he had said to eachother makeing him look like ,sorry, the ass that he is. This kid is a good kid, a charge like this could damage his career in the military, and mess up his college plans which start january 8th. If i knew all of this would come from the officer calling my home, I would have hung up. People who vote for Mike Long obviously have never had personal expierience with him as he is a very unpleasant person who does not even live in this county.
noname

Riceville, TN

#36 Dec 28, 2009
.. and im not from iowa i do not know why it says that
October Child

United States

#37 Oct 8, 2010
Small town cops are a mixed breed. Some good and some bad, like everything else. Seems like people think if the cops look the other way when they are dealing with them, then the cops are o.k., but if they enforce the law when it comes to them, then they are A-holes. Go figure.
Go Huskers

United States

#38 Oct 8, 2010
I don't think small town cops are bad, I think sometimes they get bored and bring on problems that aren't there. Also I think some of the citizens of small towns have a tendency to make up excitement because they don't have enough of their own.
In the know

Carroll, NE

#39 Mar 9, 2011
Officers in Antelope County do a passable job, considering the gene pool of the 10% of the residents that take 100% of their time, beating wives/children smoking the erb, driving too fast, and generally carrying on the soiled reputation that being a resident of Antelope County carries with it...
Mostly Oakdale folks, with a smattering of Orchard and the west side of Tilden....
Brunswick is quiet, but the bar there serves after hours....
Moore will clean it all up,
Just One Vote

Newman Grove, NE

#40 Apr 12, 2011
I heard from a friend today that the drug dog here in Antelope was getting older. This is the same dog that was taken to schools to make connections with the local children, it seems there were money raised by students to even get him. It was taken out by the Sheriff or his Deputy and shot. Then instead of a ceremony befitting the years given to the county, it was taken to a brush pile by the bridge on 275 near the rivers bend and burned. Is this what we do to the law enforcement officers when they get to old to serve. It seemed very disrespectful. Has anyone else heard about this, maybe someone should pick up the bones and give this Antelope County hero a proper burial. It was the counties first and he should be recognized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) May '16 The Walrus was Paul 52
Nick Meis, and Tara Vaughan's daughter Emma Meis (Dec '09) Dec '15 Truth1234 18
News Sheriff turns over box of cash amid investigation (Feb '08) Nov '15 justin kase 2,355
News Man behind Neligh signs wants to unite community (Aug '15) Aug '15 Antoine G 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 neutral 103
Poll What's your favorite thing about Neligh? (Mar '08) Feb '14 Charin 40
News Double-Homicide trial begins in Neligh, Nebraska (Nov '13) Nov '13 Rock Chalk 1

Elgin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Elgin Mortgages