Man found dead after fight in Elgin apartment

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A man was found dead after a fight in an Elgin apartment where a group had gathered to watch football on television, authorities said Monday.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Jul 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gwendolyn Dawson

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Troy did not deserve to die the way he did. No living person has the right to take a life. And...as my brother Clifford said, Troy did not have the resources to be a drug dealer. He barely had a place to stay. But, because he was not a big money earner, does that mean he had no right to be here?
Corrine Ewing

Hampshire, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

Gwendolyn Dawson wrote:
I thank you Corrine. Your words are truly appreciated. It means so much for your kind words to come from someone that is not a blood relitive and not black. Someone who knew Troy for the kind person he was. Love you.
I truely mean what i said and Troy has been in my thoughts every moment since his death and im just trying to be here for mike and for all you guys to support you all. this just saddens me so much. even though i am white i feel that nothing is being done because they are making troy out to be just some black guy who didnt matter. well he does matter and something needs to be done. i love you all too!
lil Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2007

We love you Troy!! And the whole nine yards...:)
Barbara

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2007

I am most pleased to see all the family stepping in to DEMAND THAT JUSTICE BE SERVED. I too feel this is mandatory. I will not waste my time responding to any of the negative comments. I am about the bottom line: Will Justice be served voluntarily, or do we need to make some phone calls to prominent individuals who will have no problem lending their support?? It is not a going to be a problem for us. We only want what is fair and that is to see that this crime is punishable to the fullest of the law. Evidence will always tell the story, and anyone in their right mind will have to admit that the trauma Troy experienced was no fist fight, but a brutal beating with a bat that no human should have had to go through. No one is God here, but God himself will prevail in this situation. "Vengence is mind sayeth the Lord." So, one way or another, the truth will come out, and the criminal will be dealt with.
Brother

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

Has there being a dismissal of the Charges?
Ozzie_Guillen

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2009

There were plenty of people, a "group" watching the football game at the murder location. Ask one of them who is responsible for the death.
KaEmmie Simms

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

I Am His Daughter & Misses Him Dearly , iThink Its Very Unfear To Know That Our Family Haven't Got ANY Justice Yet !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elgin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Jonah1 49,424
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,901
Elgin teen fatally hit by Metra train (Oct '07) Mon MariaTheLoyalist 77
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
15-year-olds charged in Elgin slaying (Jun '12) Aug 23 KristianAk47 10
Should there be a Tax Write Off For New Mailbox... Aug 22 mailbox remedies 0
X Factor is Kane County's Best Night Club Aug 22 Bob E 4
•••
•••

Elgin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elgin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE