Woman allegedly stole $85,000 from 2 ...

Woman allegedly stole $85,000 from 2 churches

There are 21 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Woman allegedly stole $85,000 from 2 churches. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

LIHUE Prosecutors say a Kauai woman caught taking checks from the collection plate diverted as much as $85,000 from two churches from 1998 to 2005.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
manini

Honolulu, HI

#1 Aug 6, 2008
When I was working and spent money out of my pocket for company business I had to fill out an expense report and attach receipts. Can Feldhacker supply these or do the churches have to take her word that she spent the money out of her pocket.
kapaa

Lihue, HI

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Her son had issues at school and her defense was what a good "Christian" she was and her boy would never do such a thing. Well the fruit....
dave

Kihei, HI

#6 Aug 6, 2008
why is she on trial ,i think god will take care of her,or maybe he is.eat pasta live long
Simon

Tampa, FL

#11 Aug 6, 2008
whats the difference if the pastors are doing it every month when they take their trips to Jamaica?
Shareholder

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Aug 6, 2008
Shame, shame and double shame on you.
HAWN GRL

Honolulu, HI

#13 Aug 6, 2008
God knows all of our hearts.
kimo

Palo Alto, CA

#14 Aug 6, 2008
churchy people are often the worst of the bunch.
Stu Pidd

Kaneohe, HI

#15 Aug 6, 2008
Thieves like to hang out where the money is.
Been There Done That

Kailua Kona, HI

#19 Aug 6, 2008
For Daria Bruce, Go back and study the Bible. Re-learn the 10 commandments.
Damn

Hilo, HI

#21 Aug 7, 2008
Do you swear to tell the truth nothing but the truth so help you god.

hopefully she said yes :P

we need more data first to judge about
anything.

Since: Jul 08

Camp Coiner

#22 Aug 7, 2008
The churches are at fault. Let this be a lesson learned. You have to separate your account receivables from your payables, basic accounting principles. Furthermore, this should not be a crime, the church is tax free, and has loads of money. They obviously didn’t miss it.
Albino Luciani

San Francisco, CA

#23 Aug 7, 2008
www.bishop-accountability.org
/abusetracker for daily verified coverage of the ongoing global curia criminal cover-up, costing laity at least $3 Billion Dollars thus far in the USA, and about $10 Billion elesewhere, with no end in sight, no correction, and no punishment of overtly guilty miters and red hats embezzling themselves on a wholesale basis, as well as diverting funds in hush monies, extorsion, racketeering, laundering, bribes, tax evasion, child endangerment, hiked insurance liability premiums, perjury, aid and abetting, harboring and assisting fugitives across borders to flee criminal and civil prosecution, enabling, etc.

There is one simple solution...STOP DONATING LAITY, until evil cardinals and bishops like Mahony, Law, Keeler, Burke, Leveda, George, Egan, O'Malley, McCarrick, Rigali, Pell, Hummes, Sodano, Scola, Bertone, Re, Bevcq., Di Nardo, Maida, Rivera, etc. are each removed from office, each canonically censored, and each placed under life house arrest, like guilty Marciel, founder of the Mexican cult Legion Of Christ, or are each, alternatively, EXOMMUNICATED.

There are over 90+ recently published books on the subject at www.amazon.com , from such salient and cogent authors as: Roman Catholic Bishops Jeffery Robinson and Thomas Gumbleton, as well as Dr. Robert Grant, Dr. Leon Podles, Marci Hamilton, David Yallop, Jason Berry, Richard Sipe, Fr. Thomas Reese, SJ, Fr. Howard Bleichner, SS, and Fr. Thomas Doyle, OP.

No Curia Accountability? No Laity Monies! It Is THAT Simple!

Ciao e pace,

Albino Luciani
NOT smiling from Heaven, where my immediate successor, John Paul II, certainly no saint, who appointed 99% of these CROOKS, is no where to be found...

Since: Jul 08

Camp Coiner

#24 Aug 8, 2008
Isn't it time for the Local, State, and Federal Governments to start imposing an income tax on the "donated" revenues of the tax exempt entities. Small price to pay for existing in our society.
OMGWTF

Honolulu, HI

#25 Aug 9, 2008
kimo wrote:
churchy people are often the worst of the bunch.
yes, churches steal far more than what the woman stole; is it a crime to steal from a thief?
Greco

Palm Coast, FL

#26 Aug 9, 2008
OMGWTF wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, churches steal far more than what the woman stole; is it a crime to steal from a thief?
Bob says not to worry cause Protestant's are bigger thieves than Catholics.

“Honor your ancestors”

Since: Feb 08

Kaimuki, Keaukaha/Hilo, Kaupo

#27 Aug 11, 2008
Wow, nothing is scared...
ingect

Haleiwa, HI

#28 Aug 26, 2008
i know this lady in town for many,many years. and i know she did not stole that money. i bet the money is in the church. why can't they ask the member of there organization one on one, for sure they can answere where the money is. she is not the only person who count the money in the church. although she is bringing money for the project she had in the church. when she was the president. why they are accusing her. that lady is very thoughful, very friendly to everyone. she is well known to people. she has a lot of friends. But I can only say one thing; in real life, you really get to know who your friends are. real friends are there for you. they are there for you when you are down in the ground, sad and hurt. they are there for you when you need to be picked up. real friends don't just turn away and ignore you when they don't need you any longer. you have to be careful who you let in. your false friends that pretend is your friends is the one who burried you alive. they are laughing at you now, that you are in the ground, But wait!!! whoever push you in, in the ground right now, they can also wait there turn. they would also feel the same thing what do you feel now. so don't worry, time will come, time will tell the truth. it is not the end of the world. MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!! GOOD LUCK! THIS MUST BE POLITIC GOING ON!
angelight

Kaneohe, HI

#29 Aug 27, 2008
Hmmm!
ishong

Kailua Kona, HI

#30 Sep 29, 2008
PEOPLE OF THE JURY YOU GUYS MISTAKENLY CHARGED THIS WOMAN!!! I agree with the previous comment by "ingect" she did a lot for these churches for many many years. Why can't they investigate deeply and find every evidence to show where the monies went. I believe that all of the monies are accounted for. Therefore, they should look beyond resonable doubt that if monies are in the account then let her free.
Anonymous

Kilauea, HI

#31 Sep 29, 2008
Maybe she thought that she was Mary

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eleele Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eleele Music Thread Feb '16 Musikologist 1
News Top 10 activities on Kauai, Hawaii Jan '16 Josh 1
News Former church secretary jailed for theft - Hawa... (Dec '08) Jan '16 Victim 12
scott owner of steamvent inn move back to hamuk... Dec '15 michael steamvent... 1
Omao Music Thread (Sep '15) Nov '15 Musikologist 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Hawaii (Di... (Oct '10) Oct '10 les faceit 5
Ron Ruskjer of California Brother Did 12 years... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Mitchell Cranoff 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eleele Mortgages