Risque breast cancer fundraiser draws...

Risque breast cancer fundraiser draws concerns

There are 94 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Dec 5, 2008, titled Risque breast cancer fundraiser draws concerns. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

An Albuquerque high school club's breast cancer awareness campaign is drawing controversy due to a double entendre used on t-shirts. The campaign, run by Eldorado High School's DECA Club, features t-shirts with ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
not up-tight

Albuquerque, NM

#82 Dec 9, 2008
NM Desert Rat wrote:
This is much to do about nothing. It is obvious that the shirts were made to target a younger generation. I agree with "The voice of reason" that the message is getting out and that is all that is important.
Is there a way us out of towners can get one of these shirts?
YEP! Just call two seven five five seven zero five
Interesting

Albuquerque, NM

#83 Dec 9, 2008
What mature person would even suggest this??? And we wonder why our young people have no manners or good taste. Did this persons mother teach them this??

Appalled
qracker

Sterling Heights, MI

#84 Dec 9, 2008
RandyR wrote:
<quoted text>
And apparently you are the only one offended. How sad...
Indeed...
Harley Q

San Jose, CA

#85 Dec 9, 2008
I am 14 and I dont think its offensive because both my mother and grandmother were diagnosed within a year apart of each other.So every effort to get the word out early should not offend anybody beacuse its a very important cause.

“Censored Avatar Again”

Since: Mar 08

United States

#86 Dec 9, 2008
Interesting wrote:
What mature person would even suggest this??? And we wonder why our young people have no manners or good taste. Did this persons mother teach them this??
Appalled
Hey, the offended population in here just doubled! What is up with that?
qracker

Sterling Heights, MI

#87 Dec 10, 2008
Just in (for you thick-headed, can't get the clue, two-celled visigoths):

I'm selling sweatpants with a picture on them, strategically located, of a couple giant walnuts. And this sentence: "Save the Nuts! Support testicular cancer research."

Now I can be RandyR's hero, too...

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#88 Dec 10, 2008
qracker wrote:
Just in (for you thick-headed, can't get the clue, two-celled visigoths):
I'm selling sweatpants with a picture on them, strategically located, of a couple giant walnuts. And this sentence: "Save the Nuts! Support testicular cancer research."
Now I can be RandyR's hero, too...
Can I buy one?
qracker

Sterling Heights, MI

#89 Dec 10, 2008
No...not really.

You see, I'm just a rebellious teenager who wants to see how far I can go flaunting mores and manners before the adults catch on.

But you might be happy to know that in the next iteration of my 'Save the Nuts' sweatpants, the picture of the nuts to save won't walnuts, but NUTS ON THIS FORUM!

But thank you for asking, anyway...I'm going to go take my pill, now.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#90 Dec 10, 2008
qracker wrote:
No...not really.
You see, I'm just a rebellious teenager who wants to see how far I can go flaunting mores and manners before the adults catch on.
But you might be happy to know that in the next iteration of my 'Save the Nuts' sweatpants, the picture of the nuts to save won't walnuts, but NUTS ON THIS FORUM!
Well that is might considerate of you, young feller, to try to save the older people on this fourm whom you believe are nuts. But would it also not follow that, given the fact that you also post here and read what we post, that you are a nut too?

“Censored Avatar Again”

United States

#91 Dec 10, 2008
qracker wrote:
No...not really.
Guess I will have to make the sweats... It will have two ears of corn for the cornball, Valium addicted 13 year-olds allowed to post in here...
Daniel in Hobbs

Santa Fe, NM

#92 Dec 11, 2008
Hope that cancer never gets in my manboobs. I sure love feeding baby farm animals.
Lost Again

Los Alamos, NM

#93 Dec 11, 2008
One with a sense of humor?
Interesting wrote:
What mature person would even suggest this???...
Appalled

“Censored Avatar Again”

Montgomery, AL

#94 Dec 11, 2008
Can someone find out how many they have sold and how much they have made so far? It will go a long way toward silencing the fools...
WorkingStiff

Carlsbad, CA

#95 Dec 12, 2008
Im going to start my own t-shirt if Im diagnosed with something down south and have it silkscreened:

Save the giant one - eyed monster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eldorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela-jacK-Howser'sJury Trial ReinStated -Civi... 30 min CU In Court 1
harrisburg skanks 54 min wow 11
Blackman highrise is filled with crazy people (Aug '15) 1 hr FEDUPFEM82 3
Notice to Law Enforcement - Dangerous Driver 1 hr Enos 3
What's up with Trinity Lutheran 5 hr Futile 7
Kim Buchanan For Prison! 20 hr Fat Joe 16
lerin ragan (Dec '14) 21 hr wow 50

Eldorado Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance