Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Elberton Forum

Comments (Page 615)

Showing posts 12,281 - 12,300 of47,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.... Another Right Wing Wacko with "Union Envy".
RWWs, because they don't have the courage and convictions necessary to organize and fight for their families' welfare, prefer to beg from their corporate masters like serfs to their feudal kings.
They are so jealous of union members enjoying higher wages, better benefits, nice pensions and job security, they just don't have the intestinal fortitude to fight for their rights. Serfdom is their lot in life.
Union membership is down because the corporate masters and their Right Wing Wackos serfs have joined forced to create "Right to Starve States".
Now the Right Wing Wackos get to starve.
We union members will continue to enjoy our decent wages, pensions, and benefits.
An interesting quote from a pretty good book (no need to name, the anticipated respondents will jump on the author, whom I happen to know):

"Free trade weakened labor unions' monopolies on the supply of labor for industries such as steel, auto manufacturing, and airlines and limited the wage premiums they collected from consumers. THE HIGHER PAY OF UNION JOBS REPRESENTS NOTHING MORE THAN AN UNFAIR TAX ON CONSUMERS (caps are mine). Higher priced goods that cover the higher cost of union labor transfer money from poorer non-union consumers to highly paid union labor. This transfer has never been economically sustainable without government mandated labor laws and closed trade borders that prevent non-union competition. If some manufacturers can shift a portion of their manufacturing to lower cost non-union suppliers...then prices will fall to match the lower cost of labor. Consumers benefit from lower prices. In the 1970s and 1980s, foreign competition gained a toehold in the markets. Prices fell and consumers captured the savings. The United States only lost high paying union jobs because unions lost their ability to tax consumers."

Imagine that, moving production to lower cost producers...

Wouldn't someone that wanted to "treat" all better, be for lower cost products? Are the union workers "paying" their fair share?

Hmmm...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
God forbid an understaffed, underfunded, government agency use common sense to "target" likely offenders.
I don't pay attention to most of what you post, but this is likely one of the most clueless and uneducated posts ever...

"likely offenders"? Kinda like racial profiling?
columbus native

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
Ouch! Benghazi is the gift that keeps on giving.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Oh Benghazi,IRS, yes that was something that happened a while back but most have forgotten. Now pass the potatoes son and get those chores done we've all got much more important things to worry about! You republicans really need tp compose yourselves, there are 6 topix on this forum with a grand total of a little over one hundred comments abour Benghazi,IRS, and what's the other big issue to republicans only? You all get up have a good bowell movement and move on!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
Union envy.
... Why do these people keep jumping their sinking ships and bring their politics down here?
Why?
The clueless and uneducated don't know any better...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
We want you to defend
-that we have 58 states.
-Obama having a democrat congress for his first two years and did nothing. Now whines.(like you)
-more people on government assistence now.
-higher debt in just four and a half years instead of being cut in half.(as promised)
-soldiers still dying in the Middle East.
-rich Democrats getting a pass.(when guilty of the same thing as the rich Republicans.)
-why Obama hasn't gotten a budget passed in four and a half years.(Can't get anything pass the Democrats.)
Shall I go on?
Tonight will be fun!!!!
The above items CAN'T be defended, so they ignore or blame Bush.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
Why do Liberals always say "Oh wait"?
Why are Liberals o obsessed with Halliburton?
Why do Liberals always separate Americans into groups?
Why are Liberals so ugly?
Why do Liberals continue to support Obama when he ha failed so miserably?
Why is it ok for Liberals to become rich but it's not ok for Republicans?
Why is it ok for Liberals to take advantage of the tax code to lessen their tax burden, but, it's not ok for Republicans?
Why are Liberals so obsessed with Fox News? Have they ever actually watched it, or, are they just following Obama's lead?
Why are Liberals such snobs?
Why don't Liberal women shave and wear make-up once in awhile?
Just wondering.
+1

Don't expect much of a response, if any...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
Am I the only one that skips Informed Opinions long ass cut and paste posts?
Nope.

Since: May 13

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering if the irony of this post was lost on anyone...
Nope.

hehehehe

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Benghazi,IRS, yes that was something that happened a while back but most have forgotten.
Oh?
Tell that to the families of the dead men. Men left to fend for themselves. What if it happened to your son?

And tell that to the thousands of groups filing lawsuits with the IRS. Tell that to the lawyers working pro bono.

This ain't going away....son.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

It's estimated that the lawsuits will affect all Americans to the tune of $25k

Your government has screwed you too. But hey! those Conservatives got what they had coming, right?
Sott

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Besieged with scandals, the White House today released "President" Obama's high school prom photo. According to an administration spokesperson, Americans will be able to see Obama as a regular guy and one who did not have any knowledge relative to any of the current investigations.

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

One more, then I gotta go;

Stupid Legislation Waste of Taxpayers Dollars of the Day

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/215495/37/Bo...

Bowling shoes. Legislation on bowling shoes.
Sponsored by a Democrat and a Republican. It's NY. What else do we expect?
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Death Panel wrote:
Am I the only one that skips Informed Opinions long ass cut and paste posts?
and oh my's, too.:)
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Sott wrote:
Besieged with scandals, the White House today released "President" Obama's high school prom photo. According to an administration spokesperson, Americans will be able to see Obama as a regular guy and one who did not have any knowledge relative to any of the current investigations.
There aren't enough photos in his family album to make me view this man as a "regular guy"- he feasted on dog meat as a Muslim Indonesian & stupid enough to joke about it to a shocked audience.... No, ain't nothing about this President says, "regular guy" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Laughing at U wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he can start drawing pictures for you... using crayons, of course.
Maybe we could find some Connect the Dots games for you & the other Dims.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we could find some Connect the Dots games for you & the other Dims.
We already played that one.

After we connected the dots we saw a picture of a corrupt and greedy Republican party spreading propaganda and working for the highest bidders with no thought or consideration for average american citizens whatsoever.

That's what you get when you connect the dots.
danger zone

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
We already played that one.
After we connected the dots we saw a picture of a corrupt and greedy Republican party spreading propaganda and working for the highest bidders with no thought or consideration for average american citizens whatsoever.
That's what you get when you connect the dots.

Oh, you doooo play, try again.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
than people with a clue...
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Jus' Sayin'
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
irony
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless and uneducated posts ever
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
The clueless and uneducated don't know any better...
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
blame Bush.
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
Don't expect much of a response, if any...

Hell, I don't know how many shots or points everybody needs anymore. Just polish off your bottle of Jaegermeister and weep for America that people like this walk our soil.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
An interesting quote from a pretty good book (no need to name, the anticipated respondents will jump on the author, whom I happen to know):
"Free trade weakened labor unions' monopolies on the supply of labor for industries such as steel, auto manufacturing, and airlines and limited the wage premiums they collected from consumers. THE HIGHER PAY OF UNION JOBS REPRESENTS NOTHING MORE THAN AN UNFAIR TAX ON CONSUMERS (caps are mine). Higher priced goods that cover the higher cost of union labor transfer money from poorer non-union consumers to highly paid union labor. This transfer has never been economically sustainable without government mandated labor laws and closed trade borders that prevent non-union competition. If some manufacturers can shift a portion of their manufacturing to lower cost non-union suppliers...then prices will fall to match the lower cost of labor. Consumers benefit from lower prices. In the 1970s and 1980s, foreign competition gained a toehold in the markets. Prices fell and consumers captured the savings. The United States only lost high paying union jobs because unions lost their ability to tax consumers."
Imagine that, moving production to lower cost producers...
Wouldn't someone that wanted to "treat" all better, be for lower cost products? Are the union workers "paying" their fair share?
Hmmm...
THIS IS GOOD!!!

I Know this author - Edward Conard. He wrote "Unintended Consequences" - "Why everything you know about the economy is wrong."

Guess who HE is??!!! LMAO!!!

You'll LOVE THIS - Wait for it...wait for it....

FORMER MANAGING DIRECTOR OF BAIN CAPITOL..

I swear I can't make this stuff up...

Thanks Bill - That was good for one hell of a laugh!!!
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Now let's think about this --

Would Bain Capitol be pro or anti union?

Union contracts might interfere with firing people for no reason before you send their jobs off to Indonesia.

On the other hand, Union Contracts might make it harder to fire people, loot the company, and claim bankruptcy and cash in the pension accounts.

So.. Bain union or anti-union?

Gee that's a head-scratcher.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,281 - 12,300 of47,897
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Elberton Discussions

Search the Elberton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Fri Mason II 2,039
Review: Lifecare EMS Apr '14 Kirk 3
County blanketed by snow, but 9-1-1 reports few... Feb '14 Harry 1
earthquake Feb '14 dbo32 2
Elberton man charged in September murder (Nov '13) Jan '14 Beady is a Rock Spider 2
Need to Know Jan '14 Need to Know 1
Church Roundup (Nov '13) Dec '13 BoHawg 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Elberton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Elberton People Search