Review: Hallson Manor Apartments

Review: Hallson Manor Apartments

Posted in the Elberta Forum

Tina Terry

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Do you have any 3 bedroom apartments available? If so what is the deposit and monthly rent
deborah gann

Foley, AL

#2 Sep 23, 2014
I see there are no reviews for HALLSON MANOR APTS. in ELBERTA AL. the manager of these apts. does not do her job as she should. I don't believe there is a maintenance person to take care of apts. The manager will come in your apt. once a month to inspect. I think this is to often. A lady and her 6 month old child, had to move over mold issue. The swimming pool is only open at the managements discretion . There are notes left on the office door constantly saying she is out of town, training someone. Management told one lady she could not watch her grand daughter at the apt.she would have to watch her at her daughters home. I have never heard of such. Management leaves notes on doors about parking, but takes up 4 or 5 spaces for their boat and trailer. I also found that two handicapped occupants were arguing over parking space and managements spouse pulled a gun on the handicapped man. Thought since know
one was writing reviews, this one was needed.
Totally agree

Mobile, AL

#3 Nov 4, 2014
deborah gann wrote:
I see there are no reviews for HALLSON MANOR APTS. in ELBERTA AL. the manager of these apts. does not do her job as she should. I don't believe there is a maintenance person to take care of apts. The manager will come in your apt. once a month to inspect. I think this is to often. A lady and her 6 month old child, had to move over mold issue. The swimming pool is only open at the managements discretion . There are notes left on the office door constantly saying she is out of town, training someone. Management told one lady she could not watch her grand daughter at the apt.she would have to watch her at her daughters home. I have never heard of such. Management leaves notes on doors about parking, but takes up 4 or 5 spaces for their boat and trailer. I also found that two handicapped occupants were arguing over parking space and managements spouse pulled a gun on the handicapped man. Thought since know
one was writing reviews, this one was needed.
CRAZY that I found this thread. I tend to agree about the pool. Only open from May - September and when she isn't on property she closes it down. Not cool when you haul your kids to the pool with all of their belongings only to find out that the gate is locked and you can't swim. The apartments are pretty nice but it does seem like there is a lot of favoritism here. There are tons of cameras on this place which is good from a crime stand point .. But to be told that you can't babysit someone at your apartment is ridiculous. The lease is a very vague about visitors and when you do have visitors on a regular basis they want to tell you that that is considered a resident and because of income limits that has to be watched closely. First off I do not do drugs and I rarely drink and I keep a very clean place but to tell me who I can have come and go and who I can babysit at my place and feel like I'm being watched is literally ridiculous. the manager only works a few hours a day and sometimes is not even in the office so if you do have any maintenance issue then it sometimes is hard to get someone. So most times I wouldn't even bother.all in all the property is a good place to live in a great location but a more laid back manager would be nice. Now don't get me wrong I understand there are rules and regulations everywhere however I don't think that everyone is being treated the same.

Also I am curious if the incident with the manager's husband pulling a gun on someone it was reported. That sounds a little extreme on his part! And that is not a good example to be setting for the people that live here.
Kik078

Willard, NC

#4 Nov 4, 2014
Totally agree wrote:
<quoted text>
CRAZY that I found this thread. I tend to agree about the pool. Only open from May - September and when she isn't on property she closes it down. Not cool when you haul your kids to the pool with all of their belongings only to find out that the gate is locked and you can't swim. The apartments are pretty nice but it does seem like there is a lot of favoritism here. There are tons of cameras on this place which is good from a crime stand point .. But to be told that you can't babysit someone at your apartment is ridiculous. The lease is a very vague about visitors and when you do have visitors on a regular basis they want to tell you that that is considered a resident and because of income limits that has to be watched closely. First off I do not do drugs and I rarely drink and I keep a very clean place but to tell me who I can have come and go and who I can babysit at my place and feel like I'm being watched is literally ridiculous. the manager only works a few hours a day and sometimes is not even in the office so if you do have any maintenance issue then it sometimes is hard to get someone. So most times I wouldn't even bother.all in all the property is a good place to live in a great location but a more laid back manager would be nice. Now don't get me wrong I understand there are rules and regulations everywhere however I don't think that everyone is being treated the same.
Also I am curious if the incident with the manager's husband pulling a gun on someone it was reported. That sounds a little extreme on his part! And that is not a good example to be setting for the people that live here.
I put in an application the lady seemed nice but now I'm worried because I do keep my niece and nephew on occasion and what if I wanted my boyfriend to stay the night? I definitely don't want him moving in but I don't want to be told I can't have overnight guests. I'm a grown woman. And by law only a person staying 14 days or longer has to be considered on income.
RickJ1978

Mobile, AL

#6 Nov 4, 2014
BUMMED OUT wrote:
kik....
Well I'm telling you...THAT is exactly what will happen...
same thing happened to me. I shouldn't have to tell my boyfriend to go home each time he comes over. I feel like I'm being watched sometimes :(
As long as you're a good tenant and pay your rent on time without breaking the rules it shouldn't matter if you have a few overnight visits or not. But it gets noticed.
Is a Nice place worth feeling like your in a prison? Grown adults that can't have their significant others visit and stay a night? I think I just won't even turn in my application. Too bad to.... my girlfriend says her aunt lives there and nice apartments ...not worth crap from folks with nothing better to do but get involved in my private life.
AnonOpsPs

Foley, AL

#8 Nov 19, 2014
I just got through twice without the fax ring in my ear but wouldn't you know it, the voice mailbox is full. I'm done! I feel sorry for those who live there. Good luck and remember, YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER.
bbb007

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2015
Week 2 trying to get paperwork to move into apartment. Spent over $100 getting things faxed and fedxd. Manager looks super frustrated. I just try to ignore it and try to show her that I'm trying to co- operate.then at the last minute they raised the pet deposit to $500. Do they not want me to move in ?do they have one of their friends they're trying to move in? it just seems so frustrating. It's almost as if they don't want me to live there. If it was meant to be I'm sure it'll happen. It's partially my fault too because she's dealing with someone that has the brain of a child. Which is me. I do give her credit for that.

Since: Jun 15

Foley, AL

#11 Jun 12, 2015
deborah gann wrote:
I see there are no reviews for HALLSON MANOR APTS. in ELBERTA AL. the manager of these apts. does not do her job as she should. I don't believe there is a maintenance person to take care of apts. The manager will come in your apt. once a month to inspect. I think this is to often. A lady and her 6 month old child, had to move over mold issue. The swimming pool is only open at the managements discretion . There are notes left on the office door constantly saying she is out of town, training someone. Management told one lady she could not watch her grand daughter at the apt.she would have to watch her at her daughters home. I have never heard of such. Management leaves notes on doors about parking, but takes up 4 or 5 spaces for their boat and trailer. I also found that two handicapped occupants were arguing over parking space and managements spouse pulled a gun on the handicapped man. Thought since know
one was writing reviews, this one was needed.
Why is the swimming pool CLOSED AGAIN ???!!!! Before 8pm today ! There are swimming pool's hours 9am-9pm!!!!!!!
Lynnadams1126

United States

#12 Jul 3, 2015
This is coming is from resident here at Hallson Manor. First off the apartments are beautiful, the pool is amazing and it's a pretty quiet place to live. With that said ...some residents will always try to skirt the rules. That's natural ..but here's what I noticed ... YOU CAN HAVE VISITORS ...it's your life....however if you have your boyfriend or girlfriend STAYING over all the time OVERNIGHT several times a week then yeah a manager is going to tell you they need to go on the lease. Hello...!

Sometime pools get yucky. It has to be treated with chemicals. Same as with any pool. I would much rather a clean and sanitary pool then the manager not following health standards! It was closed once for treatment. Big deal.

The waiting list is huge... There is a reason for that. And if the residents that have posted are so unhappy then why don't they leave? It's simple. Because they know they have an amazing place to live that has rules like any property. You will have someone always willing to post stuff like this but I feel lucky to have gotten an apartment here!

The manager has always been helpful when I have a maintenance question or issue. Even on a weekend which is not normal! Does things to help on her own time that she doesn't have to.

It really upset me too see reviews like this because I've been here almost a year and have nothing but good things to say.

It seems like the ones complaining are either drama filled or are trying to skirt the rules ...in that case....leave us HAPPY residents to our little piece of paradise :)
Iamangttia

Foley, AL

#13 Jul 5, 2015
Yall sure as heck should come right on over yonder to live in this here shitbowl of Foley! We gots us one a them big ole' walmart stores wih pert' damn near every kinda beer and cigarettes an whatnot you can imagine! And them is even buildin us a big ole redneck bemusement park where you'uns can go and get yer sex on with all them sheeps 'n piggies 'n goats 'n such. Yeeee dawgy!
Looking to rent

United States

#14 Dec 6, 2015
What's the rent like there? Is it based on a percentage of your income or a percentage of the market rent for the area?
Hallsonmanorresi dent

Gulf Shores, AL

#15 Dec 12, 2015
Sounds to me like the manager wrote this! She does not do
Her job and yes she complains about your guest!! She is lazy and needs to be fired. Corporate and the housing authority has been notified!
Lynnadams1126 wrote:
This is coming is from resident here at Hallson Manor. First off the apartments are beautiful, the pool is amazing and it's a pretty quiet place to live. With that said ...some residents will always try to skirt the rules. That's natural ..but here's what I noticed ... YOU CAN HAVE VISITORS ...it's your life....however if you have your boyfriend or girlfriend STAYING over all the time OVERNIGHT several times a week then yeah a manager is going to tell you they need to go on the lease. Hello...!
Sometime pools get yucky. It has to be treated with chemicals. Same as with any pool. I would much rather a clean and sanitary pool then the manager not following health standards! It was closed once for treatment. Big deal.
The waiting list is huge... There is a reason for that. And if the residents that have posted are so unhappy then why don't they leave? It's simple. Because they know they have an amazing place to live that has rules like any property. You will have someone always willing to post stuff like this but I feel lucky to have gotten an apartment here!
The manager has always been helpful when I have a maintenance question or issue. Even on a weekend which is not normal! Does things to help on her own time that she doesn't have to.
It really upset me too see reviews like this because I've been here almost a year and have nothing but good things to say.
It seems like the ones complaining are either drama filled or are trying to skirt the rules ...in that case....leave us HAPPY residents to our little piece of paradise :)
Lynnadams1126

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2016
Nope ....apartment C5... stop by anytime to verify.
Hallsonmanorresident wrote:
Sounds to me like the manager wrote this! She does not do
Her job and yes she complains about your guest!! She is lazy and needs to be fired. Corporate and the housing authority has been notified!
<quoted text>
blondie007

United States

#17 Feb 16, 2016
I came across this information and did my research . Few people I know do not need to leave. They have it really good. They showed me awesome photos of the pool and their super nice 3brdroom suite. They said the manager Debbie will literally bend over backwards to assist you in anything you need help with.Of all the affordable places to live from Alabama to Florida, Hallson Manor is the Best kept secret.
Praying

Fairhope, AL

#18 May 10, 2016
blondie007 wrote:
I came across this information and did my research . Few people I know do not need to leave. They have it really good. They showed me awesome photos of the pool and their super nice 3brdroom suite. They said the manager Debbie will literally bend over backwards to assist you in anything you need help with.Of all the affordable places to live from Alabama to Florida, Hallson Manor is the Best kept secret.
only time she would bend over backwards would be to appease her so you don't get harassed and lose your home. You must be one of the many Stepford tenants. Robots living in fear of eye contact. Locked inside in fear of breathing wrong. Dear Jesus cause the wicked to be exposed
Cspain34

Gulf Shores, AL

#19 May 18, 2016
bbb007 wrote:
Week 2 trying to get paperwork to move into apartment. Spent over $100 getting things faxed and fedxd. Manager looks super frustrated. I just try to ignore it and try to show her that I'm trying to co- operate.then at the last minute they raised the pet deposit to $500. Do they not want me to move in ?do they have one of their friends they're trying to move in? it just seems so frustrating. It's almost as if they don't want me to live there. If it was meant to be I'm sure it'll happen. It's partially my fault too because she's dealing with someone that has the brain of a child. Which is me. I do give her credit for that.
I know that I have been on the waiting list for 4 years now and it's just ridiculous.. How long did you wait before you got called for your apartment
Its All True

Mobile, AL

#20 Oct 19, 2016
If something or anything is that much of a paradise why you don't have your own house and not renting than? Than you specifically can plant your own little garden, etc...., and have your own pool installed so no one (including children) have to look at that body in any kind of swim wear. The manager suck and you know it and it is one thing when it come to rules and regulations but it is another when human rights are being violated! Everyone is not the same, never has been, and never will be, due to sound like what she is doing is trying to group everyone in the same category and we know that's not true because self improvement starts from within and she, he, whatever know exactly where they came from and about. "So don't eck!"
Don Lloyd

Decatur, GA

#21 Jan 10, 2017
Stoppe by the office to make Lisa aware of a problem. I stood there about 5 minutes and she totally ignored me. If you ever cross her, she holds a grudge. I didn't move fast enough the other day when she was screaming at me. Now I am paying a price. All tenants should be treated with respect at all times, even those that don't panic just because she is in an out-of-control panic.
Act

Mobile, AL

#22 Feb 25, 2017
Don Lloyd wrote:
Stoppe by the office to make Lisa aware of a problem. I stood there about 5 minutes and she totally ignored me. If you ever cross her, she holds a grudge. I didn't move fast enough the other day when she was screaming at me. Now I am paying a price. All tenants should be treated with respect at all times, even those that don't panic just because she is in an out-of-control panic.
Mr. Don,
First off, Those that know you have seen you yell and accuse children of things they did not do. Secondly, you're are just ill and grumpy most all of the time anyone comes in contact with YOU! How do you expect them to
Anonymous

Foley, AL

#23 Oct 7, 2017
Iamangttia wrote:
Yall sure as heck should come right on over yonder to live in this here shitbowl of Foley! We gots us one a them big ole' walmart stores wih pert' damn near every kinda beer and cigarettes an whatnot you can imagine! And them is even buildin us a big ole redneck bemusement park where you'uns can go and get yer sex on with all them sheeps 'n piggies 'n goats 'n such. Yeeee dawgy!
The manager wrote this. I'm sure of it. I heard her making fun of compliments in this same manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elberta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kendrick Lamar Invites Fan Onstage, Cuts Her Of... May 24 Nurddy 1
News Kendrick Lamar interrupts white fan for rapping... May 21 Nurddy 1
help for SPRINGBREAK any nude beaches (Jan '12) May 20 Eaton Beavers 7
Perdido Dunes May 17 seaside 1
homewreckers May 13 ThomasA 12
ISO Best Seafood Dining in Gulf Shores May 12 Joker Joe 5
list of places to rent in orange beach or gulf ... (Aug '15) May 11 junkyarddog 13

Elberta Jobs

Personal Finance

Elberta Mortgages