Zodiac Break? New Evidence Could Help Catch Infamous Killer

There are 20 comments on the Mar 21, 2008, News10 Sacramento story titled Zodiac Break? New Evidence Could Help Catch Infamous Killer. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Nearly four decades after some of the most infamous serial killings in U.S. history, Vallejo police investigators have submitted new DNA evidence to a California crime lab in hopes of catching the Zodiac ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

Fearless in Antioch

United States

#227 Apr 16, 2010
He was not Allen ! He was proven by DNA and finger prints not to be Zodiac.The Zodiac is still alive and he is still doing his thing. He has kept his word that he would not tell anyone when and who he has killed. I know of a few young girls who have gotten away from him after Allen died. Zodiac is not a large man inspite of what you have been lead to believe.
Keith

Bradenton, FL

#228 Apr 16, 2010
He was Richard Gaikowski because Tom Voigt said so! Nobody goes against what Tom says or they are kicked off his site... It's Richard Gaikowski! Only Tom's circumstantial evidence is valid! Tom Voigt says so! so does his beer....
Fearless in Antioch

El Cerrito, CA

#229 Apr 18, 2010
sue cyr, If you are thinking that Art Allen was the Zodiac. Please remember he was proven not to be Zodiac. The Zodiac is not dead,"yet".
He is still killing, but not writing the police or news papers about when or who he kills.

He has never stopped, he just changed his mo, like he said he would. That may have been the only time he told the truth.
Jeff

Hackettstown, NJ

#230 Jun 25, 2010
DGH from Pittsburgh was talking about a teacher who was a Zodiac suspect. He said-

"He was D.G.H school teacher"

What does DGH stand for? Anyone know the school?

Since: Jun 10

San Francisco, CA

#231 Jun 28, 2010
The previous commentators seem to be omitting information that would specifically identify this teacher, other than the initials DGH.

Donald Gene Harden was the teacher at North Salinas High School in 1969.

Donald Gene Harden and Bettye June Harden solved the 408-symbol cipher of the Zodiac.

http://cdn.sfgate.com/chronicle/acrobat/2007/...

Donald Gene Harden is NOT the Zodiac.
Fearless in Antioch

San Francisco, CA

#232 Dec 24, 2010
Thanks Project MK-Zodiac. I tried to tell them who DGH was, but they didn't believe me.I hope they will look at your site,and learn more about the Z guy !"Vallejo Resident" hasn't posted anything sense I started posting here. I hope I didn't frighten him ?
The Triad

Dayton, OH

#233 Sep 7, 2011
Dear Folks, For the past 4 years, I have studied the events surrounding the cold cases in South Eastern Kentucky. I will usually do this at the onset of Fall, for a month or do. So far, I have been able to do the goegraphical profiling and personality profiling of these three cases. It has brought me to have a gut intuition of a person that may be a person of interest in these cases. There is a private citizen group, whose aim is to keep cold cases alive, and to identify missing persons cold cases. The founder is a man that has successfully identified the remains of some cold cases here in Kentucky. His name is Todd Matthews, and he has been a guest interview on some tv programs. Todd Matthews websites can be viewed at the links beow.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2594...

http://www.missingpeople.net/amateur_sleuths_...

I am also submitting the background of these cases. There are two unsolved homicides and one missing persons unsolved case.

The conjecture from the local residents, claim that they are the result of drug deals gone bad, corrupt local businessmen, and so on. I have not seen where these cases have ever taken another consideration of possible serial homicides

Background on the Ky cases can be viewed at:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pineville-ky/...

I believe that you would be one of the few resources that could help. If you have any advice, or websites that could be used as a means or resource to further amature investigation, please reply to this thread on this thread;

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vallejo-ca/TF...

Thank you very much..

Since: May 09

california

#234 Dec 14, 2011
Glen Jecopie wrote:
<quoted text>
What was Leigh like as a teacher?
he was very nice to us, it was in 66, he was kind and fatherly,
but after he got fired from teaching he was not allowed to continue with the after school trampoline,
we went to his house once but he said he can no longer do the training with children.
then he got a job as a janitor and he was the meanest janitor...
we played at the school hall ways everyday on our skates,
and played ditch, a form of hide n seek.
but we could no longer play at the school after that.
although he never tried to molest us,
none of the janitors were like that,
they were all real nice though,

Since: May 09

california

#235 Dec 14, 2011
no it was in 67 cus my father [2-67] had just died and i was pulling my hair out,,
but he left and got a teaching job near [angels camp?]
and he lifted a girls dress to paddle her butt and got fired,
back then they made girls wear dresses [knee length].
fearless in Antioch

San Francisco, CA

#236 Dec 14, 2011
Well tommy, you really get around, I have read your clues before on a Z site. You also didn't mention the Sugar Shack or the Bucket of Blood on Broadway.
Those of you who are thinking about a school teacher being the Zodiac, you might be right. Remember the threat that the Z made to a Martinez school teacher? That teacher worked in Richmond ca.
Zodiac is still very much alive ,and enjoys reading about himself. He is very worried about getting caught ,if he writes any more letters , about who he has killed lately. He can't stop killing. So don't give up on looking for him in the bay area.
Kevin R Brooks

Bradenton Beach, FL

#237 Dec 15, 2011
The case is solved! We have sent hand-prints, mugshots, hand-writing, pictures of him, his home, his cars and he himself.... Don't ask me why it takes SFDOJ so long to do the print check.They have had the information for a good 4 months now.... It's done!
fearless in Antioch

San Francisco, CA

#239 Feb 14, 2012
Good luck Kevin B. There are at least two Zodiac's working in tandem,(DOJ knows this) you may have found one. But I have the other one.I know you have done a lot of work on your poi, and it has been a long time for SFDOJ not to tell you something.
That is something they have done to me as well. I think you should forget what was done to you on those message boards, and continue posting. They can be very cruel, and I am sorry they treated you that way. Don't let them get the best of you,its not over until its over.The Fat lady hasn't sung yet.
Kevin R Brooks

Bradenton Beach, FL

#240 Feb 15, 2012
fiA: Not only are you beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well.
fearless in Antioch

San Francisco, CA

#241 Feb 15, 2012
Thank you Kevin B. That is very nice of you to say.
I just went back through the posts here, and noticed that "Original V Town" Started posting Feb 08, and stopped right after I started to post on May 29th 08.
He could be my poi ? The very first post on this site, was written by someone who wrote very much like Zodiac. That is what got me started , he also stopped when I asked him some questions. We know Z is a coward, but geez some small female can scare him off a site that has no idea who he really is ?
tain

Placerville, CA

#242 Feb 15, 2012
ORIGINAL V-TOWN wrote:
Real Vallejo folk know who the Zodiac is. They will never tell.
we know too.
Fearless in Antioch

Berkeley, CA

#243 Jun 17, 2012
Tain, if you really know and won't tell, think about all of the people you are putting at risk of this sick killer .You are allowing him to continue on with doing his "thing".
Terrys Waffle Shop

San Francisco, CA

#244 Jun 17, 2012
I think the Zodiac was not just one person. The Zodiac was created to cover something else up.
Wojo

Fremont, CA

#245 Jun 18, 2012
I miss Terry's.
Fearless in Antioch

San Francisco, CA

#246 Jun 23, 2012
Terrys Waffle Shop wrote:
I think the Zodiac was not just one person. The Zodiac was created to cover something else up.
I agree with you ! I worked in Vallejo during the Zodiac crime time, and lived in Napa. As a waitress you hear things that customers talk about. It is as if they want to confess everything to you . There was a counterfeit/ drugs/ chop shop (Car)ring, going on at that time. Someone I knew named Don Porter, was in that ring, he told me that two of the main guys in the ring came from Chicago. The only name he mentioned to me was Dee in Vallejo, which was Darlene Ferrin's nick name.The man he lived with in Vallejo on Evan's street, fit the look of Zodiac to a tee.I don't remember his name, but he did like to play the piano. I believe that Darlene was killed to shut her up about that ring. She was spending a lot of money , counterfeiters don't like that , they want to keep a low profile so not to draw attention to them.I have a copy of the deed to Darlene's home, she paid a little over $9,000 for that house on Virginia street.Her sister told me she felt Darlene had phony money, that the sister was at first being paid for baby sitting in small change and then brand new $20's. That one of the packages the stranger left for Darlene was wrapped in plain paper , the size of money and flexible like money would be. I feel that if VPD would look into her background, they would see she got into something she couldn't get out of and was killed for it.Don Porter took the fall for all of the others involved in that ring, but if the secret service was doing their job they would have to have some other names in that ring I would hope ? I think Z was the main man in that ring.
Zodiacs Peaking BOO

Harmony, PA

#247 Sep 8, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Sobrante Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hundreds protest S.F. archbishop’s push on mora... 1 hr Anonymous 1
Chipotle says removal of GMO ingredients from f... 1 hr Anonymous 1
After years of layoffs, California schools on a... 1 hr Jim in SF 2
California Considering Automatic Voter Registra... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Vallejo couple arrested for alleged attempted m... 2 hr Anonymous 1
Fire damages Vallejo Rubio’s restaurant 2 hr Anonymous 1
Solano County to receive part of civil penaltie... 2 hr Anonymous 1
More from around the web

El Sobrante People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE